Search found 843 matches

by hellegennes
10 Feb 2011, 22:52
Forum: News
Topic: Marzhin Q&A Video
Replies: 41
Views: 13305

Marzhin Q&A Video

The latin-derived languages are farther away from English than the Germanic languages. The different tones and pronunciation of these languages make it more difficult to speak English without any noticeable accent. It's not just French, but Spanish and Italian as well. The situation is similar for G...
by hellegennes
10 Feb 2011, 07:49
Forum: News
Topic: Marzhin Q&A Video
Replies: 41
Views: 13305

Marzhin Q&A Video

@jeff:

Not that I have nothing with French people, but you rarely see one that can speak distinguishable English, while most other Europeans have no problem even imitating certain English accents. Why is that I have no clue.
by hellegennes
09 Feb 2011, 12:51
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Exploration
Replies: 11
Views: 3462

Exploration

I have to say it is disappointing to see the exact same things in this game; a few unguarded resources and a some guarded ones. ..and what looks like some structures to up your stats. :disagree:

So, what did you want to see?
by hellegennes
07 Feb 2011, 04:42
Topic: Thee Is Company
Replies: 19
Views: 6223

Thee Is Company

No, aesthetics is a term of fine arts and is OBJECTIVE. Everyone that has studied in such a course knows that. Everything else is a lame excuse to name aesthetically correct -or even art- literally anything. No, aesthetics are clearly defined. For example, placing a pastel-coloured manga-like kiddo ...
by hellegennes
06 Feb 2011, 17:11

Thee Is Company

Look, taste is subjective but stylistic aesthetics and creativity are not. And if we are to judge these, H3 was far better. More genuine, creative, definitive, stylish and consistent. Nothing overdone, nothing extreme, nothing too abstract, all forms clearly drawn and defined, more robust. These are...
by hellegennes
06 Feb 2011, 12:46

Thee Is Company

Lol, nobody said we would prefer creatures to be 2D sprites from 3D rendering. It's not the technology that one misses but the departure in style, taste and creativity.
by hellegennes
05 Feb 2011, 18:02
Topic: The strong. The free. The proud. The Butt-ugly.
Replies: 11
Views: 3346

The strong. The free. The proud. The Butt-ugly.

That cyclops actually looks fairly "normal". A little too muscled up, but not as bad as we have seen. Well, it looks more like a one-eyed cave troll but all right. Someone pointed out that if it has two arms, two legs and one eye is a cyclops, so I guess a troll with two eyes, two legs and...
by hellegennes
05 Feb 2011, 17:57

Thee Is Company

Ugh! They look nothing like Heroes. Revamping is one thing, but completely changing the feel is another. Why did they had to do this and still call it a Heroes game? Well, because of the franchise, all right... maybe the thing that bothers me most is that in this screenshot the creatures look much l...
by hellegennes
01 Feb 2011, 21:03
Topic: Inferno Siege
Replies: 14
Views: 4636

Inferno Siege

Got to say that the inferno troops do look consistent. To the point that I can't tell which is which...

Yes, that too.
by hellegennes
01 Feb 2011, 11:21
Topic: Shipwrecked
Views: 4138

Shipwrecked

References/tributes and copying are two different things. In order for something to be a reference, it must be: a. recognisable b. outspoken and clearly indicated c. consistent d. fitting inside the context So, tell me, how does Nation has anything to do with the Heroes universe? Because I don't rem...
by hellegennes
01 Feb 2011, 10:27

Shipwrecked

I fear for the inclusion of trébuchet in Heroes.
by hellegennes
01 Feb 2011, 10:26
Topic: Inferno Siege
Views: 4636

Inferno Siege

That creature, behind, sure looks like errr... like-like from Zelda64:

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda05/Ene ... _Large.png

The pic doesn't do the similarity justice, but those who played the game may understand.
by hellegennes
01 Feb 2011, 09:20

Shipwrecked

Yet another original idea. Gaming has gone to another level of copying. What's next?
by hellegennes
31 Jan 2011, 07:46
Topic: Heroes VI Succubus
Replies: 13
Views: 5515

Heroes VI Succubus

Surely the best looking creature by far. At last. The upgrade though is immoderately similar to the original; more than the other upgrades.
by hellegennes
29 Jan 2011, 16:34
Topic: The Tree of Life
Replies: 8
Views: 3453

The Tree of Life

That would be a spoiled broccoli.
by hellegennes
29 Jan 2011, 16:33
Topic: Pegasus
Replies: 10
Views: 3713

Pegasus

The army follows behind. We never get to see them in such games. Or maybe there is magic involved. Otherwise how would you pass 10,000 soldiers through a swamp or 100 dragons through a forest?
by hellegennes
27 Jan 2011, 00:02
Topic: Heroes VI Dreamwalker
Views: 3686

Heroes VI Dreamwalker

Even so, probably only one HVI unit fits the same criteria, which makes H3 upgrades 900% more original. :p
by hellegennes
25 Jan 2011, 14:54
Topic: Heroes VI Cyclops
Replies: 23
Views: 10864

Heroes VI Cyclops

do you think Homer ever met a cyclops before he wrote the Odyssey ? Golly, it's a creature he is the first to mention. Actually, he is not a creature, he is a gigantic human with one round eye. That's very specific. In a bit you are going to say that if it had two eyes it could pass for a giant or a...
by hellegennes
25 Jan 2011, 06:25
Topic: Heroes VI Cyclops
Replies: 23
Views: 10864

Heroes VI Cyclops

Well, pretty much cyclopes were described in ancient mythology so we CAN say what a cyclops should look like. And I certainly don't remember any description not mentioning they were like humans only with a round eye in their forehead. Nor do I remember any horns and fat and muscles to the limit. It ...
by hellegennes
22 Jan 2011, 16:21
Topic: Heroes VI Dreamwalker
Views: 3686

Heroes VI Dreamwalker

I will give you a list and take a good look at them: Swordsman/Crusader Angel/Archangel (they are both male, btw) Mage/Archmage Genie/Master Genie Gog/Magog Hell Hound/Cerberus Devil/Archdevil Wyvern/Wyvern Monarch Hydra/Chaos Hydra Centaur/Centaur Captain Dward/Battle Dwarf Troglodyte/Infernal Trog...

Go to advanced search