Search found 843 matches

by hellegennes
15 Apr 2016, 23:26
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Heroes 7 Review v1.7 and campaign walkthroughs
Replies: 41
Views: 57098

Re: Heroes 7 Review v1.7 and campaign walkthroughs

Well, MMX, which was developed my Limbic and published by Ubisoft had no real issues. I don't remember if I had purchased it right away, but by the time I started playing I only encountered a music-related bug and nothing more (and I have played it since several times). H7 certainly is another story...
by hellegennes
15 Apr 2016, 23:13
Forum: News
Topic: H7 1.5 Announced
Replies: 43
Views: 19011

Re: H7 1.5 Announced

Well, H6 never froze on me, but that doesn't mean that it's bug-free. If AoE 3 had NO bugs upon release, why did they release patches, the first one being released within 10 days of the game's launch? Don't tell me it was just for balancing, the patch logs indicate otherwise (fixing crashes, memory ...
by hellegennes
15 Apr 2016, 21:25
Topic: Will Vivendi acquire Ubisoft and Gameloft?
Replies: 45
Views: 25533

Re: Will Vivendi acquire Ubisoft and Gameloft?

cjlee wrote:Ubisoft is already the pits. How can Vivendi make things worse? By turning HOMM into a brand of toilet paper?
By shelving the IP forever.-
by hellegennes
15 Apr 2016, 20:58
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Mystery of Sand M&M7
Replies: 83
Views: 32830

Re: Mystery of Sand M&M7

Your points however pertain to the fact that MM7 is different than H3. It is different because they designed it to be different. No need repeating myself here; I'll simply restate that by the same logic MM6 had to be unfinished, which is a ridiculous argument because not only it's by far the biggest...
by hellegennes
15 Apr 2016, 20:10

It would be highly unlikely that he would be the only person in the globe experiencing conflict-based crashes. That doesn't mean it's not probably due to a hardware conflict. The bad thing with PCs is the huge number of different setups, some of which may not make sense to begin with. Add to that th...
by hellegennes
15 Apr 2016, 12:18
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Mystery of Sand M&M7
Replies: 83
Views: 32830

Re: Mystery of Sand M&M7

MM7 was not an unfinished game. Things are different from H3 due to the fact that they are different type of games. Heroes 1, Heroes 2 and MM6 all take place in Enroth and all are different in both topography and bestiary (and a host of other aspects as well). The MM world is fluid -or at least it u...
by hellegennes
15 Apr 2016, 00:49

Hellegennes, I don't think it's all related to Cjlee's system. I saw a walkthrough of the newly released Unity campaign, also patch 1.7 and the player encountered at least a handfuld of bugs. Some minor, some gamebreaking. One caused him to win immediately, without completing all quest. Another mad...
by hellegennes
14 Apr 2016, 19:26
Topic: Contents Wanted
Replies: 48
Views: 23949

Re: Contents Wanted

I just checked with my colleague, who teaches English, and she says either form can be idiomatically correct depending on the form, but as I'm literally asking for contents (in different forms) for the website, it works better for me to use the plural form as it's the same as listing "a book's...
by hellegennes
14 Apr 2016, 13:07

I don't find cjlee's experience consistent with mine. I encountered very few bugs and those were only in the first few weeks, before the game was debugged. Unless later versions made it less stable -which I don't find likely- or cjlee is unlucky as hell, I believe the bugs -especially those who cras...
by hellegennes
23 Feb 2016, 01:01
Topic: Ubisoft Release 1.7 and Unity
Replies: 29
Views: 20119

Re: Ubisoft Release 1.7 and Unity

I may be mirroring my views, here, but I believe that the reason HVII was not well received is that it has absolutely nothing new to offer. Same units, same factions, same mechanics, same gameplay elements. At least HVI dared to introduce new things. HVII failed in this respect. Of course, it's not ...
by hellegennes
24 Nov 2015, 14:49

It would be a fair comparison if the Starcraft add-on was made from scratch... which it isn't. The cost makes no difference. You are comparing "playability" between an expansion pack that took 2-3 years to be completed and a stand-alone brand-new game that was made in 2-3 years.
by hellegennes
24 Nov 2015, 14:44
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: The Shadow Council
Replies: 8
Views: 6098

Re: The Shadow Council

It's not telepathic, it's been done with the speed of light, hence it takes 0 time for the conversation to take place.
by hellegennes
23 Nov 2015, 11:21

You're quite safe, it's fairly playable. But a couple more patches will be needed before it shines. Stacraft 2 Legacy of the Void was fully playable the day after it launched. No hangs, no loss of savegames, no settings mysteriously changed. Smooth and lovely gaming without issues. For Ubisoft the ...
by hellegennes
09 Nov 2015, 21:44
Topic: H7 1.4 and Beyond
Replies: 24
Views: 12027

Re: H7 1.4 and Beyond

I don't get it. Do you just install the latest patch, and only have to download 1.5gb in one shot, or are you supposed to install patch after patch, and each new huge patch overwrites the earlier patch? Knowing how badly they have done their programming, I can imagine that by patch 1.99, you have t...
by hellegennes
15 Oct 2015, 19:34
Topic: Heroes 7: Patch 1.2 is now available
Replies: 5
Views: 4343

Re: Heroes 7: Patch 1.2 is now available

The patch notes indicate that the AI won't just defend now if a shooter can't use ranged attacks but that is precisely what it still does. And it will still target the weakest unit and keep hitting that until it dies.
by hellegennes
05 Oct 2015, 18:06
Topic: If you could give the Might & Magic IP to any company...
Replies: 24
Views: 13212

Re: If you could give the Might & Magic IP to any company...

Blizzard. Their execution of every game they do is almost flawless. They also have the confidence and resources to take a bit of a risk with games and gameplay. And they have battle.net but that actually works, compared to that ubi monstrosity. Ahmm... no! Unless you want to see the next game in th...
by hellegennes
02 Oct 2015, 09:58
Topic: Heroes VII Released
Replies: 28
Views: 15095

Re: Heroes VII Released

From what I gather so far, Ubisoft allocated an extremely low budget for this game, which is evident from the rehashing of many things from the two previous titles (MMX and HoMMVI). From artifacts to creatures, there is a lot which was imported from those titles and simply got a facelift. However it...
by hellegennes
12 Sep 2015, 12:13
Topic: JVC Interview on Twitch
Replies: 7
Views: 4832

Re: JVC Interview on Twitch

How come no one asked him if he would be willing to reconsider working for Ubisoft in the future? How awesome would that be?
by hellegennes
01 Sep 2015, 22:57
Topic: Heroes VII Going Gold
Replies: 6
Views: 5643

Re: Heroes VII Going Gold

Also, games today are exponentially more complicated than what they where 15 years ago so one should treat them as works that are completed after release. And I do mean exponentially, it's not a figure of speech. They are so complex and so huge, the developers themselves can't see the whole picture ...
by hellegennes
14 Jul 2015, 17:21
Topic: Video: Discover Sylvan
Replies: 44
Views: 14625

Video: Discover Sylvan

The root of the problem is that you see an "obligation" on the part of the publisher to implement anything. The publisher has no obligation whatsoever to do anything. It's not like they are public servants which you pay to have a job done for the common good. It's their right to do anythin...

Go to advanced search