Search found 843 matches

by hellegennes
Apr 21 2016, 20:36
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Mystery of Sand M&M7
Replies: 83
Views: 18038

Re: Mystery of Sand M&M7

The other question is why would NWC create random videos of spaceships landing and elves fighting with goblins. Judging by the style of both the animation and the models as well as by their quality, they were certainly created by NWC and precisely in 1998.
by hellegennes
Apr 21 2016, 20:24
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Heroes 7 Review v1.7 and campaign walkthroughs
Replies: 40
Views: 25273

Re: Heroes 7 Review v1.7 and campaign walkthroughs

The thing is that you suppose that I would eat that because it's Greek food and I would dance to music I despise. No, I wouldn't. I lived in Britain for over 4 years and despite hating the non-food Britain produces, I still refused to eat bad Greek food. In fact, in my third year, a Greek souvlaki e...
by hellegennes
Apr 21 2016, 13:51

So what you are saying is that they happened to have some extra scenes lying around, conveniently mixed them in a flawless piece of introduction, changed the whole plot to reflect that, which involves numerous quests, thousands of lines of reprogramming, hundreds of hours of beta testing and they di...
by hellegennes
Apr 20 2016, 19:53

I did see it a hundred times. You seem to have not seen it. I can only view this as trolling. You cannot be serious.
by hellegennes
Apr 20 2016, 12:41

No, it's not mixed. It's a complete story from start to finish. And they didn't have these segments lying somewhere. They didn't buy them as stock footage, they created them ex nihilo.
by hellegennes
Apr 20 2016, 12:39
Forum: News
Topic: H7 1.5 Announced
Replies: 43
Views: 9411

Re: H7 1.5 Announced

The argument with cars doesn't completely hold because it's a completely different thing. However, modern cars are more complex than older cars and they do break down more often; especially their electronics. Even luxury cars have this problem. They consume more gas, they are more sensitive, they ev...
by hellegennes
Apr 19 2016, 18:14

Actually I am free to claim whatever I want, as long as it's not violating any laws and it's not rude to others. We don't live in a non-free world and this is not a non-free forum. You can criticise whatever you want and I can do the same. I am not claiming that you are not free to criticise anythin...
by hellegennes
Apr 19 2016, 13:02

I don't know what on earth you are talking about. Who talks about conversion? Mixing what? You think the intro to MM7 is a mix of separate scenes that were already created? How can you think that? It is clearly a sequence that was animated as a whole. It's not a mix of premade scenes.
by hellegennes
Apr 19 2016, 10:36
Topic: Heroes 7 Review v1.7 and campaign walkthroughs
Replies: 40
Views: 25273

Re: Heroes 7 Review v1.7 and campaign walkthroughs

I can only infer that you're enjoying this game, otherwise I would find no explanation as to why someone who has that many problems with a game and finds it frustrating, terrible and tedious would want to finish it. In my head that's plainly weird, to say the least. I have played games that were bug...
by hellegennes
Apr 19 2016, 7:45

But I didn't make the comparison; you did. I just pointed out that it's not true that there weren't game-crashing bugs in SC2*, because I noted in my previous post that you can't expect a game to be flawless upon release. Even that is an unfair comparison because SC2 was developed by a much larger t...
by hellegennes
Apr 18 2016, 23:14

I'm sorry, but I absolutely can expect a game that I purchase, anywhere along its life cycle, to be free of game crashing / stopping bugs. If it's broken, why would I spend my money on it? Starcraft keeps being brought up for a reason. It certainly has a lot of lines of code. I bought and played th...
by hellegennes
Apr 18 2016, 18:51

I don't know how stable AoE 3 is. H7 was very unstable from the get go, but it never crashed on my system. I was perhaps lucky but what matters is what happens on average. No game is bug-free. Not even the old arcades were bug-free and they consisted of a few thousand lines of code versus the few mi...
by hellegennes
Apr 18 2016, 18:28

Did I say we were enemies? Did I say anything about your English? No. I am only addressing your arguments. So, if it's that easy for you to create an animated sequence such as the intro to MM7, I am waiting for you to prove it. I am giving you a full week to recreate the whole scene, replacing gobli...
by hellegennes
Apr 17 2016, 23:50

None of this makes sense. Creating an animated sequence is nothing like mixing graphics. It's a complicated process and it takes a lot of time. It would take much more time when MM7 was released (which was back in 1999). Jurassic Park (1993) had only 4 minutes of animation and it took a full year to...
by hellegennes
Apr 17 2016, 16:48

No, orcs and goblins are not the same thing in any game, book or universe. They are different creatures and so is the case with H3. They only look vaguely similar in H3 because the graphics are low res. Intro must fit to game. They prepared movies to game not game to movies. As so as texts. What we ...
by hellegennes
Apr 17 2016, 6:39

First of all, stop saying orcs. They are goblins. Goblins and orcs are completely different things. Secondly, goblins were in Deyja by design. They intended them to live there from the beginning, it's not a last minute decision. You don't make a full animated introductory cutscene, showing goblins r...
by hellegennes
Apr 16 2016, 17:01

Baronus wrote:In MM VI there is not another peasants. Only two man and women. In MM VI we have one stables one bank one people race, only people.

Oh, it must have been an unfinished game then, because that's different than H1 and H2.
by hellegennes
Apr 16 2016, 15:58

I have played all MM games and all Heroes games. All of them. The only games I didn't play was any of the spinoffs (Legends, Warriors, Messiah, etc). Harpies were also present in MM6's land of the necromancers, i.e. Mire of the Damned. Which had no dead peasants as well. So using that as an argument...
by hellegennes
Apr 16 2016, 10:05

This is not a fact, it's only your view.
by hellegennes
Apr 15 2016, 23:29
Topic: Will Vivendi acquire Ubisoft and Gameloft?
Replies: 45
Views: 13352

Re: Will Vivendi acquire Ubisoft and Gameloft?

Well, there's always the hope of producing a better game down the road. If you don't like the game in the series, pretend it never existed. It's not a holy cow, I don't care if the series' record is "tarnished". I only care about the prospect of playing a quality game at some point. Compan...

Go to advanced search