Search found 843 matches

by hellegennes
28 Jun 2016, 09:18
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: So is this game worth buying?
Replies: 292
Views: 130307

Re: So is this game worth buying?

It depends. It's fairly playable but it doesn't introduce anything new to the franchise. If you are okay with that, the game is good.
by hellegennes
12 Jun 2016, 10:04
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?
Replies: 50
Views: 29221

Re: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?

Salamandre wrote: Now the wrong part is placing JVC's games ideas on same required level of energy as Copernicus and Einstein. Even if I adore H2-H3, come on, those are trinkets.
No one said that. If you think the parallelism to scientific processes is far-fetched, have a look at what I wrote about literature.
by hellegennes
11 Jun 2016, 21:05

I wouldn't blame age so much as how badly the 3do experience burned him out; there are some things you just don't recover from. Maybe. But there's no way to prove that this is the reason. The only way to prove he still is capable of creating masterpieces is... well, to create a masterpiece. So, you...
by hellegennes
10 Jun 2016, 22:27

To hellegennes: JVC dont fight using physical strenght. Have you ever heard about word ,,metaphore"? Ronald Reagan end his best of US history presidency in age 77. It was great victory. JVC in 77 age will can create best games in his life. In this age only body is very weak. Artists in age 80 ...
by hellegennes
10 Jun 2016, 22:12

you can say all of that if you will, but, actually, I agree with the others, it doesn't make a difference what age he is here for better or worse unless it means he is senile or dead, really no point to bring that up lol So, you believe too that creativity is an everlasting stream and only death or...
by hellegennes
10 Jun 2016, 20:17

Veterans are never better than recruits. Veterans never fight themselves. If you've seen a 54 year old fighting, he is fighting for his life. Not even in the two World Wars did 54 year olds fight. They may be more experienced, but they certainly cannot do the things a 20 year old can do. It's no bet...
by hellegennes
08 Jun 2016, 20:50

Don't get me wrong, I loved all of JVC's games, but since 3DO went bankrupt he has done nothing important. He seemed very thrilled about what he was going to do in NCSoft and Trion but left them both. He then went on to head the team that was making C&C Online, but the alpha testers didn't like ...
by hellegennes
03 Jun 2016, 22:02

MMX was good. It was not very true to the series, but it was far better than MMIX (and MM8 in my opinion). It failed mostly because it was way too old school. Ubisoft didn't believe in the project and the budget was minimal. Considering how small they went with the budget of Heroes VII, which is sup...
by hellegennes
26 May 2016, 23:36
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Trial By Fire - The Dwarf expansion
Replies: 51
Views: 32554

Re: Trial By Fire- The Dwarf expansion

Um... what? How different are a bear and a rhino structurally in real life? Aren't all felids palette swaps for that matter?
by hellegennes
22 May 2016, 21:12
Forum: News
Topic: H7 Expansion, Fortress Announced
Replies: 20
Views: 12694

Re: H7 Expansion, Fortress Announced

Well, at least that's a good sign.
by hellegennes
11 May 2016, 05:18
Topic: Mystery of Sand M&M7
Replies: 83
Views: 32910

Re: Mystery of Sand M&M7

You are not making any sense, so I don't see any reason to continue the discussion. We have established the fact that you are wrong in your assumptions and your arguments about the state of completeness of MMVII are baseless. If you don't want to understand, that's your prerogative.
by hellegennes
07 May 2016, 16:25

Are you still on that? Enroth is Enroth too, yet the Enroth of MM6 bears little resemblance to that of H2. Get over it.
by hellegennes
28 Apr 2016, 22:10

Given the absymal sales of the game, I am surprised they bother with this. Guess Ubi has money to waste. Big pass, much like in H5 I hated this all-dwarf town. Borrrring. Gimme back my cool H3 Fortress or bust. Money to waste? If that was true, they would have spent at least a bit for a proper anim...
by hellegennes
28 Apr 2016, 01:38

and 2 bonus scenario maps written by Terry B. Ray errr.. 8| Are we talking 2 previously unmentioned scenarios here? Likely not - I assume they're talking about the 2 Lost Tales of Axeoth maps, which they've just released. Oh well, why not continue the path of releasing 'already existing content in ...
by hellegennes
23 Apr 2016, 21:11

You have no facts. Your arguments hold no water and you obviously have no understanding about the processes involved in making a game, its logistics and the time constraints. No one says MM7's Erathia is a different continent than that of H3's Erathia. It's just another -more realistic- re-imagining...
by hellegennes
23 Apr 2016, 11:39

Green/desert ground in Deyja is fact. It's not green, it's actually brownish. There are some sandy portions, yes, but what's wrong with that anyway? Most of the area of Deyja explored in MM7 (because it's not the entire Deyja, clearly) consists of badlands, a pretty close equivalent to the default ...
by hellegennes
22 Apr 2016, 14:59

I am struggling to understand that myself. I think he is trying to say that although Archibald is supposed to be older, he looks younger than Roland in the intro. However, there are three reasons why this seems so: 1. you really can't tell because the resolution is not that high 2. Roland was captiv...
by hellegennes
22 Apr 2016, 13:54

Okay. Adding quests, altering the whole plot, the program, the scripts, recording voice actors, animating scenes, rendering them and a bunch more stuff is easy and takes little time. The company can obviously develop the game within 3 months. Also the Earth is a rectangle.
by hellegennes
22 Apr 2016, 11:06
Topic: H7 1.5 Announced
Replies: 43
Views: 19047

Re: H7 1.5 Announced

What country is that? I'm asking because both the States and the EU have laws that allow you to do that. You can return any product even if it's not broken, if you are not satisfied with it, usually within 30 days (or more or less, depending on the product), unless of course it's something not reusa...
by hellegennes
22 Apr 2016, 01:03
Topic: H7 1.5 Announced
Replies: 43
Views: 19047

Re: H7 1.5 Announced

You can return a game, too. Blizzard isn't the ideal example, for me. Companies can't sustain a project for so long unless they have another source of financing. For Blizzard that is WoW. There's not a similar thing going for the MM brand. On the other hand, I don't want to wait 5-10 years for anoth...

Go to advanced search