Search found 843 matches

by hellegennes
27 Aug 2014, 17:09
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: H7 Academy Town Screen
Replies: 21
Views: 15373

H7 Academy Town Screen

Really? Cause to me it seems that a ship floating in the air with the help of ballons, with windmills on its deck (H3), is a bit more surrealistic than levitating rocks. Also there's the H4 town with that weird cubic mage guild, which, IIRC, also floats. Building on high ground has a lot of advantag...
by hellegennes
27 Aug 2014, 12:53
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: H7 Academy Town Screen
Replies: 21
Views: 15373

H7 Academy Town Screen

@JSE: Surrealistic as in "wizards know how to cast levitation spells"? @Fuddelbaerentatze: The H1-H3 type. The same company previously made the H6 version which is like the H1-H3 type but less lively. Regarding your request about a set of different townscreens I doubt it, mainly for budget...
by hellegennes
20 Aug 2014, 17:01
Forum: Articles
Topic: CH Launch Heroes 7 Q&A
Replies: 19
Views: 9343

Heroes VII Q&A

They're doing away with the always-on DRM system, as they did in MMXL. Nice.
by hellegennes
19 Aug 2014, 22:49
Forum: Articles
Topic: CH Launch Heroes 7 Q&A
Replies: 19
Views: 9343

Heroes VII Q&A

...hope UBI gives them what they want.

Fixed!
by hellegennes
17 Aug 2014, 07:43
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes VII Announced
Replies: 68
Views: 28036

Heroes VII Announced

"Hell they probably got the same guy to paint them lol".

Given that it's the same developer, that's quite likely. The game is far from finished, though, so plenty of things may change.
by hellegennes
13 Aug 2014, 14:27

Heroes VII Announced

There are already some good news for the game. The first is that Ubisoft starts to learn and they're now using a single developer. The second good thing is that this developer is Limbic, which has now proven themselves twice, giving us two great DLCs for H6, patching and the latest instalment of the...
by hellegennes
13 Aug 2014, 14:00

Heroes VII Announced

@igoraki:

Ahem... what? Wolves have been with the franchise since Heroes I and they were there in all of the 6 games, not to mention MM games. Of course, they were never with the Humans.
by hellegennes
13 Aug 2014, 12:14
Topic: GamesCom: Upcoming News
Replies: 35
Views: 18172

GamesCom: Upcoming News

Ah, such a nice thing that they have put a link to the MMH7 website which is not up yet.
by hellegennes
11 Aug 2014, 23:35
Topic: GamesCom: Upcoming News
Replies: 35
Views: 18172

GamesCom: Upcoming News

The major ubisoft decisions which immensely affect the end product have to do with money, time and co-ordination, ie they should have allocated more funds, development time and use one and only one developer if they're going with the outsourcing model. H6 was a nightmare in this respect. Three diffe...
by hellegennes
04 Aug 2014, 11:53
Topic: What Comes Next?
Replies: 62
Views: 25631

What Comes Next?

H6 is fine. It has some bugs still in it but it's neither unplayable nor unenjoyable. It just has too few maps and the implementation of some ideas is incomplete and feels unpolished. The system in H6 is that there are three tiers of creatures but 7 creatures overall. There are three creatures in ea...
by hellegennes
03 Aug 2014, 20:47

What Comes Next?

So, you want less variety. What they did with H6, with the new formula, works just fine. There are no useless units, not even late in the game.
by hellegennes
28 Jul 2014, 17:38

What Comes Next?

They never explicitly said that Ashan is on a totally new universe which has no relation to the old one. It's the plot that's different and the focus on the history of one planet.
by hellegennes
27 Jul 2014, 19:56

What Comes Next?

So you don't like the new world because it's so different than the old one and at the same time you don't like it because it sounds like the old one (the thing about the Griffin Empire). How is that consistent? You don't like the place names. Is this a serious argument? Do toponyms bother you so muc...
by hellegennes
26 Jul 2014, 23:55
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Help New Chinese Mod download
Replies: 26
Views: 16777

asterix15 wrote: Warning: your game will be in chinese if you use it.
(I didn't try the .exe and some others, but the LOD files have chinese.)
There's this, but I haven't tried it.
by hellegennes
26 Jul 2014, 23:37

What Comes Next?

@romanov77:

Whatever you believe about the Ubisoft MM plots, this sounds unfair and insulting to the people who worked to create the world of Ashan.
by hellegennes
21 Jul 2014, 00:39

What Comes Next?

Most games don't sell millions of copies. During the golden age of adventures, anything reaching six figures was considered a huge success. I know that times have changed and the cost of making a game is higher now, but so is the market potential.
by hellegennes
09 Jul 2014, 20:09

What Comes Next?

The most probable reason for abandoning MMX is poor sales. The only game I remember having a smaller support lifespan was MMIX and we all know why that happened. I can understand the decision of a company to not release any further content, but ending support means no patches and I simply cannot rem...
by hellegennes
08 Jul 2014, 23:01
Forum: Campfire
Topic: The Football (Soccer) Topic
Replies: 797
Views: 195418

The weird part is how Brasil managed to get this far without a team. I honestly expected them to be eliminated in the first round.
by hellegennes
08 Jul 2014, 20:45

What Comes Next?

The most obvious choice is Heroes 7. It has a larger potential market and I think to Ubisoft that's the only thing that counts. I am not sure if Legacy sold well enough to justify a sequel. The fact that they abandonded it only a couple of months after the official release doesn't sound good to me.
by hellegennes
08 Jul 2014, 13:52
Forum: Campfire
Topic: The Football (Soccer) Topic
Replies: 797
Views: 195418

I'm thinking a repeat of the '90 final; Brazil won't win without their captain and most prolific goalscorer, while Argentina are on a high and will probably go all the way to the final. So I'm thinking... Germany - Argentina I hope not. Both teams are terrible this year. They are a shadow of their ...

Go to advanced search