Search found 843 matches

by hellegennes
12 Sep 2014, 23:57
Forum: News
Topic: Vote for the Sylvan Lineup!
Replies: 80
Views: 32810

Vote for the Sylvan Lineup!

@TT: I second that. All of it. I would have liked phoenix + unicorn, but given the choices I voted for the phoenix lineup anyway. Perhaps the emerald knight will ride a unicorn. :p Since the treant unit is in the lineup one way or another, I don't see why would anyone not vote for the phoenix lineup.
by hellegennes
11 Sep 2014, 18:47
Topic: The Elves Have It
Replies: 15
Views: 8223

The Elves Have It

@theGryphon:

There is no bad guy per se. It's about a civil war.
by hellegennes
11 Sep 2014, 16:46
Topic: Gamers: 50% Buy On Sale Only
Replies: 5
Views: 3424

Gamers: 50% Buy On Sale Only

If the digital version cost less, I would be more than happy to only buy digital ones. Unfortunately, this is rarely -if ever- the case. However I don't buy games from local stores because they're usually overpriced. I often buy physical copies online from the UK. Even with the shipping costs they'r...
by hellegennes
11 Sep 2014, 13:38
Topic: Heroes VII : One moree weeke to vote for Dwarfs or Elves...
Replies: 26
Views: 10806

Heroes VII : One more week to vote for Dwarfs or Elves...

@Kalah Of course, it would be silly to call it immediately. I was just pointing out the fact. If there have been say 50.000 voters (which is how many I reckon could have voted), the result would be well-established after the first 1000 votes or so, since the demographics of the voters would imply a ...
by hellegennes
11 Sep 2014, 08:42

@Panda Tar:

Except nomads and the mummies are on a different continent than any cactus species (they are native only to the Americas). The funny thing is that cactus is a word of Greek origin but no one really knows what plant it's referring to.
by hellegennes
11 Sep 2014, 07:14

"Meanwhile, the vote seems fairly clear now. Elves it is". "Seems" very clear? It was crystal clear from day 1. The percentage has not shifted a bit. That's mostly because of statistics. The majority of the votes must have been cast during the first days, if not the first day. Th...
by hellegennes
05 Sep 2014, 22:20
Topic: Rob & Paul Interview
Replies: 14
Views: 6360

Rob & Paul Interview

@Marzhin: Anyone can have the rights. The fact remains that Steve Baca is credited in all the games as a music writer alongside Romero and King (minus the first Heroes game and MM7 where he is credited in sound design; my bad). He is not even mentioned separately as a sound engineer or anything. He ...
by hellegennes
05 Sep 2014, 17:21
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: H7 Underground
Replies: 13
Views: 6061

H7 Underground

H6 underground is nothing like H5's.
by hellegennes
05 Sep 2014, 09:57

Rob & Paul Interview

My question is: did Paul Romero write any of the adventure themes in any of the Heroes games prior to H5? I am asking this because he is specifically mentioned in the credits of all games as the composer of town themes, which makes me suspect that the other pieces were composed by Steve Baca, who is...
by hellegennes
04 Sep 2014, 02:25

Rob & Paul Interview

However King produced and specifically arranged all of the adventure themes. Arrangement can be as important as writing the piece. The interviewer asks them to mention the pieces they are most proud of. James probably wrote these pieces for piano or guitar.
by hellegennes
03 Sep 2014, 22:40

Rob & Paul Interview

Well, on their part they wrote a specific piece for Grass and that can be heard on what ended up being the Grass Theme (it's after 10:00 and it's two minutes long). Now, why the actual Grass Theme contains all other terrain themes is a mystery. Perhaps it was done by mistake?
by hellegennes
03 Sep 2014, 13:04

Rob & Paul Interview

I hope they'll release the lyrics this time around. I am really curious to see what they have written. The fact tha Karin was only 15 when Heroes II was released is amazing. I knew she was quite young, but I thought she was in her early 20's. Her voice sounds spectacular. I am really happy she is ba...
by hellegennes
01 Sep 2014, 08:42
Topic: HoMM7 Keyart
Replies: 27
Views: 11913

HoMM7 Keyart

"this isn't really homm any more; it's a homm clone"

You really have no criteria to make that statement. You could have said it for H4 as well, for example. Whait is it that makes it not a Heroes game?
by hellegennes
31 Aug 2014, 12:29

HoMM7 Keyart

@JSE: So, did you complain before, that none of the previous posters was anything like the thing you describe? The only one that comes close is the H3 box but most units are too small. So, your idea of what the box of a Heroes games should look like is a bit close to one out of NWC's nine releases (...
by hellegennes
31 Aug 2014, 00:06

HoMM7 Keyart

"Heroes has never been a character-centric game, it has never been story-driven". Therefore, Heroes II does not exist. @Avonu: Like I said, this very concept was used by NWC in MM3-4-5. For MM6-7-8 they went for "heroes in front of a dragon". Also, IIRC, Crusaders of Might and Ma...
by hellegennes
30 Aug 2014, 00:45

HoMM7 Keyart

You need to consider two things. One: the story is about the guy portrayed so it makes much sense to have him on the poster. In fact, Might and Magic 3-4-5 a;; shared a very similar setting (focused figure on the right; distant structure on the left). Two: modern videogames ARE closer as an art form...
by hellegennes
29 Aug 2014, 16:10

HoMM7 Keyart

Well, H2's poster was simply a heraldic shield. H1 was by far the best, for me. H3 was quite similar to what we have here.
by hellegennes
29 Aug 2014, 10:44

HoMM7 Keyart

Ahem... couldn't that be said for any Heroes or MM poster? I don't remember the H3 poster being ingenious. Not that I don't like the MM6 or MM7 posters, I do. But aren't they, too, generic?
by hellegennes
28 Aug 2014, 13:11
Topic: H7 Academy Town Screen
Replies: 21
Views: 15373

H7 Academy Town Screen

"you ususally seem to be quite agreeing with what they do" I don't. I disagree with a lot of things, which however are not minor details. For example, I said numerous times that I disliked the skill-based magic system of H6. Nitpicking artistic details in a town screen is not serious criti...
by hellegennes
27 Aug 2014, 23:08
Topic: H7 Academy Town Screen
Replies: 21
Views: 15373

H7 Academy Town Screen

Well, to begin with, your previous comments did not indicate that you believe there could be exceptions. You were very absolute in your opinion that this verges on surrealism and now you're changing it. Not it's "no, that was not surreal, it's just an exceptional case". Well, maybe the wiz...

Go to advanced search