Search found 843 matches

by hellegennes
27 Sep 2014, 10:58
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Sylvan Wallpaper
Replies: 6
Views: 5312

Sylvan Wallpaper

It could be that the dragon is a walker and a flyer (when upgraded).
by hellegennes
27 Sep 2014, 10:56
Forum: News
Topic: Vote for the Sylvan Lineup!
Replies: 80
Views: 32865

Vote for the Sylvan Lineup!

I think you misunderstand what democracy is. Democracy is to go the way of the majority. Why is it overrated? No matter if they make choices that end up to be good or bad, going the way of the majority is better than going the way of a minority. Not to mention that the latter is more dangerous becau...
by hellegennes
26 Sep 2014, 22:53

People! People! I have good news! We now have democracy! You always have the right to... not vote. That's right, it's true! You don't have to vote if you don't want to! Isn't it spectacular?
by hellegennes
25 Sep 2014, 20:43

Let's first see what the outcome of the last vote was, because apparently some people misinterpreted what the developers wrote in the first vote:

"Use whatever means you deem necessary to rally the other members of this – informal – meeting to your choice".
by hellegennes
25 Sep 2014, 20:26
Topic: Heroes VII: Resources presentation
Replies: 13
Views: 7045

Heroes VII: Resources presentation

There's a quest in MMXL where you have to find the metal from a fallen meteorite so you can have a sword forged for you. This fits the starsilver concept, except that, IIRC, the meteorite in question appeared to be red, not blue.
by hellegennes
24 Sep 2014, 00:29

@Kalah:

Just when I was about to say that the changes in voting seemed quite unnatural from a statistical perspective.
by hellegennes
21 Sep 2014, 12:03

The dryad+treant is a bad idea. Either it will be overpowered or the treant will be weak without the dryad. That is, if the treant is on par with other champion creatures, taking out the dryads will make it weak.
by hellegennes
20 Sep 2014, 23:29
Topic: The Gold Mine
Replies: 22
Views: 7883

The Gold Mine

I want progress, I just don't think these are things worth worrying or complaining about. I can't imagine anyone really being annoyed by the fact that the cart in H1 and H2 looked huge in relation to the mine itself. Sure, I remember myself making jokes about the disproportionality of adventure map ...
by hellegennes
18 Sep 2014, 15:06
Topic: Heroes VII: Line up and model for Sylvan
Replies: 9
Views: 5343

Heroes VII: Line up and model for Sylvan

It's the same concept, not drawn from the same concept art. They also have the same feel.
by hellegennes
18 Sep 2014, 15:04

The Gold Mine

It's funny how you think the cart is disproportionate when in H1 and H2 the cart was twice the height of the mine entrance itself. Not to mention the cauldron of the alchemist lab which was a third of the building's height. I guess you didn't mind back then. As for hiding the objects, the design had...
by hellegennes
18 Sep 2014, 12:32
Topic: Heroes VII: Line up and model for Sylvan
Replies: 9
Views: 5343

Heroes VII: Line up and model for Sylvan

The emerald knight, about which so many fans have been complaining, is actually reminiscent of the MM7 elven warriors.
by hellegennes
17 Sep 2014, 21:09
Topic: Heroes VII : New song and screenshot for sylvans
Replies: 10
Views: 5267

Heroes VII : New song and screenshot for sylvans

Note that the lyrics are in Greek. It's not easy to discern them, though and I think Karin's R is less rhotic than it should, unless I am mistaken about the words she sings.
by hellegennes
17 Sep 2014, 17:02

The Gold Mine

As far as I can tell from the gameplay video, adventure objects do look different in different terrains, as they always did in previous games.
by hellegennes
17 Sep 2014, 08:39

The Gold Mine

Since when are the proportions of anything on the adventure map realistic?
by hellegennes
16 Sep 2014, 21:07

The Gold Mine

I don't see any spikes.
by hellegennes
16 Sep 2014, 11:52

The deer is a literal reference to the Heroes 6 week of the "Sun Deer: not a good week to be a moon doe", hence the two creatures.
by hellegennes
15 Sep 2014, 15:39
Topic: Haven Warrior
Replies: 15
Views: 7143

Haven Warrior

A lot of these "Slavic" names are actually slavicized Greek names. Dimitri for example is Greek Dimitrios. Irina, Kirill, Anastasya are all Greek names, too. As for why they were being used, I think it has something to do both with the fact that Nival (which is based in Moscow) created a l...
by hellegennes
15 Sep 2014, 15:33

@Karmakeld:
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound insulting.
by hellegennes
14 Sep 2014, 15:14

@Karmakeld:

Seriously? Treants and dryads imply a Warhammer influence? Didn't they exist for like thousands of years? Weren't then used by numerous fantasy novels, games and dungeons and dragons RPGs?
by hellegennes
13 Sep 2014, 00:00
Topic: The Elves Have It
Replies: 15
Views: 8238

The Elves Have It

Well, we survived 5 games without them. Not to mention that they weren't part of any vanilla game of the series.

Go to advanced search