Search found 843 matches

by hellegennes
08 Apr 2015, 18:12
Forum: News
Topic: Voting for Vampires!
Replies: 139
Views: 42216

Voting for Vampires!

@Panda Tar: Even if that is the case, they still had to use some lore. And paying people to study another lore is not a good investment tactic; that's what Kalah says. It's not just an extra step in the process*, it's also pretty difficult, since we are talking about the lore of two main series of g...
by hellegennes
08 Apr 2015, 17:57

Voting for Vampires!

"what is meant by "reusing assets" here is not the use of similar code or game design, but literally the reuse of existing assets, taking a creature sprite or model and copy pasting it into the next Heroes sequel, which is something only Heroes 7 has done" First of all, I mention...
by hellegennes
07 Apr 2015, 19:58

Voting for Vampires!

H3 did reuse most of H2 assets. H3 was basically H2 with slightly altered graphics and more of everything: more artifacts, more creatures, more skills, more buildings. Gameplay-wise it was the exact same thing and almost all creatures, items and buildings made it into the new installment. The same g...
by hellegennes
11 Feb 2015, 18:10
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: H3HD Wolf Raiders
Replies: 20
Views: 9324

H3HD Wolf Raiders

I can almost buy that, but the source code must exist somewhere. Unless Ubisoft bought the franchise rights only and not the relevant resources, there's no way in hell they didn't secure the source code of the most popular game of the franchise.
by hellegennes
10 Feb 2015, 21:47
Topic: H3HD Wolf Raiders
Replies: 20
Views: 9324

H3HD Wolf Raiders

Can somebody explain to me how is it possible that they don't have the source code for the games of a franchise they paid $1.3 million to acquire?
by hellegennes
08 Jan 2015, 13:23
Topic: H7 Haven Town Screen
Replies: 8
Views: 4471

So what if they are similar? Basically they aren't similar at all. The architecture is similar and of course the colours. This makes it hugely more realistic for a human town. It actually looks like a medieval city.
by hellegennes
09 Nov 2014, 14:26
Topic: H7: Vote for Sylvan Townscreen 1
Replies: 10
Views: 6745

H7: Vote for Sylvan Townscreen 1

Deep forest, as in the area around Lake Superior?
by hellegennes
05 Nov 2014, 00:19
Topic: Ashan Timeline
Replies: 3
Views: 2455

Ashan Timeline

Lol! It didn't even cross my mind. It doesn't help that the rest of the text is in another tense. The previous verb is "settle", not "settled": "But the Crimson Wizards of Al-Rubit and their Beastmen servants, now rejected in favour of the Constructs, settle west, and found ...
by hellegennes
04 Nov 2014, 11:56
Topic: Ashan Timeline
Replies: 3
Views: 2455

Ashan Timeline

Okay, somebody please explain how can the events of MMX: Legacy take place before Shades of Darkness (the H6 expansion) if the city of Karthal was founded after the third eclipse (according to the official timeline): http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/universe/en-us/universe-world-ashan/genesis-history/...
by hellegennes
15 Oct 2014, 19:23
Topic: New Maps
Views: 3982

New Maps

"...on a Mac Mini..."

Okay, there's your problem. Throw it out and get a real computer. :p
by hellegennes
13 Oct 2014, 18:49
Topic: New Maps
Views: 3982

New Maps

Try clearing your browser's cache. You could also try a different browser. It could be a good idea to scan for viruses if it doesn't work.
by hellegennes
06 Oct 2014, 22:44
Topic: Sylvan Lineup, New Faction Vote
Replies: 27
Views: 11699

Sylvan Lineup, New Faction Vote

My guess is that all factions have been designed, with a lineup of 10-12 units each, their abilities, etc. What they didn't yet do is implement them in the code and create models + animation (which is done by another company). All the rest must have been created (including their music themes).
by hellegennes
06 Oct 2014, 06:02

They are similar, not the same. How can you not see that they are diffierent? Palette swaps is what they went for in the MM games back in the day.
by hellegennes
05 Oct 2014, 23:13

Sorry, but no. It's obvious that bosses look like other units, only more unique. They are based on other models; they are not palette swaps however. Faceless and darkness elementals are somewhat similar but again they are not the same model. The same goes for the Lamassu-Manticore pair. They look al...
by hellegennes
05 Oct 2014, 17:02

What are you talking about? If you are talking about ghouls and dementors, they are different models. They are a bit similar in shape but they are still different models with different animation. The only models which are shared are water elementals with spring spirits and glories with light element...
by hellegennes
04 Oct 2014, 17:41

Palette swaps? In which cases?
by hellegennes
03 Oct 2014, 20:01

To me the result still seems weird. Unless the fake votes were cast from the very first moment and unless very few of them were fury votes, the shift seems statistically ridiculous. Of course no one can say for sure if Ubi won't release the distribution of votes throughout the voting period. If I we...
by hellegennes
03 Oct 2014, 16:45
Topic: Hereos Online : The game is now available.
Replies: 26
Views: 14366

Heroes Online : The game is now available.

I think that in order to review it you need to have access to a larger portion of the game and its overall gameplay features, which can be a really long process for anyone playing it for free.
by hellegennes
02 Oct 2014, 19:06
Topic: Hereos Online : The game is now available.
Replies: 26
Views: 14366

Heroes Online : The game is now available.

I think Ubisoft went insane with this one. There's a "buy now - speed up your game" in every corner, from the minute you start the game. I hope it still possible to play and have fun in the long term but it sure doesn't look very promising now.
by hellegennes
28 Sep 2014, 01:12
Topic: Vote for the Sylvan Lineup!
Replies: 80
Views: 32839

Vote for the Sylvan Lineup!

A poll for a limited scope, like this one, is not a good reflection of democracy. In a democratic environment, the options presented are the ones the majority "created", whether directly or indirectly. One example of the indirect involvement of the majority is the "production" of...

Go to advanced search