Search found 736 matches

by cjlee
Oct 13 2016, 20:17
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes 5.5 (unofficial)
Replies: 75
Views: 47784

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes 5.5 (unofficial)

It is impossible to change the ordinary battlefield size. I can make good use of slow walkers saving up more valuable creatures, sometimes I don't even put the valuable creatures on the battlefield, to make the slow walkers see more action. This might be a factor of gaming style I guess. I can'...
by cjlee
Oct 13 2016, 14:18
Forum: News
Topic: The Mage → The Defiant Mage
Replies: 1
Views: 1963

Re: The Mage → The Defiant Mage

Playing this on Heroes mod 5.5 Impossible was... OK if you are playing with the intention of going to the next mission. Impossible if you are playing with the intention of maxing out this mission. Heroes Mod5.5 turned Zehir into an Elementalist rather than a Wizard. This means his spellpower grows r...
by cjlee
Oct 13 2016, 2:41
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Ranger - The Vampire Lord
Replies: 90
Views: 35957

Re: The Ranger - The Vampire Lord

I played this three times. On Hard, Heroic, and Impossible. On Hard I found the hardest. On Impossible (Heroes Mod 5.5), partly thanks to experience, I managed to get through easily but it was not ‘easy’ in the sense of the enemy fielding smaller armies. Mod 5.5 turned Findan into a purely Might her...
by cjlee
Oct 12 2016, 4:51
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: H7 vs taking things into our own hands
Replies: 113
Views: 44514

Re: H7 vs taking things into our own hands

Dalai if I read you correctly, you mean that one of the top Heroes gamers is pretty 'dumb'? As you observed, intelligence comes in many ways. in any case I get the impression that you are in some kind of AI/ Tech related field? These draw people of high intelligence. The dimmest bulb in your compute...
by cjlee
Oct 12 2016, 4:21

i do like interaction with objects, but this is not possible it would also require a larger universal battlefield size to be more meaningful. Haven't you guys done just that with the new crypt/ abandoned mine battle sizes? I'm very happy with your new battlefields and wish it was possible to implem...
by cjlee
Oct 11 2016, 5:50

Just a bit more feedback for Magnomagus: Have you guys ever considered adding a Flanking or Take Cover ability to H5.5? Many things about H7 were lousy, but they got some things right also. Two ideas I put up for your consideration are: Flanking and Taking Cover behind obstacles. I suspect that codi...
by cjlee
Oct 11 2016, 5:42

Um, Dalai, I don't understand what you mean. but if it is about the intelligence thing, let me stress that I'm not about discriminating or looking down on people of lower intelligence. Fact is that people are all different. Some people are damn good with data and abstract thinking. Some people are w...
by cjlee
Oct 10 2016, 19:08
Topic: CJlee's Replay of the Official Campaigns using H5.5 mod.
Replies: 29
Views: 10944

Re: CJlee's Replay of the Official Campaigns using H5.5 mod.

I looked through the ARMG manual but it seems made for mapmakers. Hardly any info useful to end users. Questions: 1) in the Sylvan towns there is a structure called Sparkling Fountain. It is supposed to increase Druids' spellpower. In H5.5 now Druid is a name that applies both to the level 4 unit, a...
by cjlee
Oct 10 2016, 17:56

After not being able to learn Shatter Destruction, I visited another witch hut that offered War Machines. I clicked OK to learn it, but when I opened my hero slot I found my 6th slot still empty. I visited the witch hut again but was told I had already learned War Machines. Later I managed to get a ...
by cjlee
Oct 10 2016, 17:49

Interesting, Magnomagus. I was not able to finish the first map of the Sylvan campaign because of the overly powerful AI, but I noticed that two witch huts offered Shatter Destruction and Shatter Dark. Since these are not H5.0 original skills, did something your team did make that possible? Strangel...
by cjlee
Oct 10 2016, 16:16
Topic: The Ranger → The Refugees
Replies: 2
Views: 2221

Re: The Ranger → The Refugees

I played this on Hard and Heroic before. Yes, as Maltz says, you can't be complacent. Time is extremely pressing. On Hard I could still get to all stat modifiers, but you will miss at least 2-3 modifiers on Heroic. And that's still with logistics on my hero! Now I play with the h5.5 mod on Impossibl...
by cjlee
Oct 10 2016, 14:01

Quick reply magnomagus, because I'm quite excited One problem with longtime gamers is that they get stuck in bad habits or ruts. So did I. Now that you have created a new heroes with new possibilities, I remain stuck in my old habits. So I need to have a change in mindset also. For instance, I know ...
by cjlee
Oct 10 2016, 1:59

hi magnomagus OK, so I have to restart my game? That's all right, I really want to try out your 5.5's new Rangers. The turnaround from all-defense/knowledge to all-attack is very big; I really want to explore what your 5.5 mod has to offer. I've been writing a lot about different maps that I played ...
by cjlee
Oct 9 2016, 16:22

Guys... I have been following this thread for a while by now, but didn't feel I could comment for the past few months, because it really was going over my head. (EG Dalai's talk about Quantum Mechanics). Heroes of Might and Magic is very different from first person shooters and the other games that ...
by cjlee
Oct 9 2016, 15:34

I wasn't able to lose skills. According to the http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes5/heroes5_cheats_skills.shtml the syntax you suggested was disabled after v1.2. Now what works is something like this @GiveHeroSkill("Linaas", 124) But @TakeHeroSkill @ForgetHeroSkill, Unlearn, Lose, ...
by cjlee
Oct 9 2016, 10:28

OK, so I cheated my way past the last mission of the Dungeon campaign. Nothing that I can't handle, but it was too boring to fight the same inferno lineups battle after battle, casting essentially the same few spells every time, then making the same trip to a mana well, and coming back for more. Now...
by cjlee
Oct 9 2016, 6:50
Topic: The Warlock → Raelag's Offer
Views: 1481

Re: The Warlock → Raelag's Offer

Playing this map in v5.5, I found it significantly different. Normally warlocks get Dark Ritual as part of their Warlock Racial abilities, but v5.5 took that away. Now if I get Distract I can't get Dark Ritual. This means mana can't be regenerated within a single day anymore - and there are tons and...
by cjlee
Oct 9 2016, 4:11
Topic: The Warlock → The March
Views: 1420

Re: The Warlock → The March

just finished it on v5.5 Impossible. The two months are pretty unnecessary in v5.5. I killed Grawl by luck when I chased him on Day 6. After that Raelag was automatically given 2 levels up as a reward. Even with Shadya doing all the fighting and picking of treasure chests for xp (because she was lag...
by cjlee
Oct 8 2016, 15:56
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Bug Reports after patch 2.2.1 (Last patch - Quick Hotfix)
Replies: 12
Views: 7067

Re: Bug Reports after patch 2.2.1 (Last patch - Quick Hotfix)

Um, since Ubisoft has pulled the plug on h7, I guess this is now moot? In any case I, who seems to be the most vocal person on h7, have already uninstalled uplay and h7 from my computer. Since there will not be any Inferno faction showing up anymore in a future expansion, I guess h7 is more or less ...
by cjlee
Oct 8 2016, 15:35

It's awesome magnomagus, but you really don't need to do all that. As I have stressed I am not complaining- just sharing my experiences. The only things that might need tweaking would be reports of game balance. However as I also realized and stated above, the Wyngaal problem was really in the size ...

Go to advanced search