Search found 736 matches

by cjlee
02 Oct 2009, 16:59
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Discussion of Racial Skills - ideas for improving in Heroes6
Replies: 4
Views: 2691

Discussion of Racial Skills - ideas for improving in Heroes6

Hello everyone! I'm starting this thread to discuss racial skills. Maybe we can come up with good suggestions on how to improve them for Heroes VI? Our discussion should involve themes like: ease of use, overpowering/ underpowering, cost, balance at different stages in the game, difficulty of mainta...
by cjlee
16 Sep 2009, 16:50
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Mage → Zehir`s Hope
Replies: 42
Views: 28927

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

The final battle demonstrates how badly planned the entire campaign is. Biara and Sovereign look pretty scary. They have high stats and can hit you with tough spells and that Chain Fireball thing. But their armies are incredibly sucky. e.g. stacks of 5 bone dragons and 50 imps on Normal. Even better...
by cjlee
22 Aug 2009, 17:30
Topic: Need help on Map: Virgin of Ponce III
Replies: 2
Views: 2147

Need help on Map: Virgin of Ponce III

Hi Everyone! I can't reach rdeford/Mage of Soquim the maker of the abovementioned H5 map, so I thought I'd ask here. I have dled the Virgin map. It looks very nice, but I'm stuck at the early point where I have to get dragon scales. I figure I have to kill a dragon at the farm, but I can't even get ...
by cjlee
22 Aug 2009, 17:29
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: need help on Virgin of Ponce III
Replies: 2
Views: 2533

need help on Virgin of Ponce III

Hi Everyone! I can't reach rdeford/Mage of Soquim the maker of the abovementioned H5 map, so I thought I'd ask here. I have dled the Virgin map. It looks very nice, but I'm stuck at the early point where I have to get dragon scales. I figure I have to kill a dragon at the farm, but I can't even get ...
by cjlee
22 Aug 2009, 17:25
Topic: Let's just amuse ourselves... (Swampy) Fortress in Heroes 5.
Replies: 24
Views: 11964

Grumpy, u bring up an interesting point. I have always found H4 Evil Eyes way too powerful. They can cast every kind of nasty spell while attacking, including very dangerous spells like 'dispel magic' and 'forgetfulness'. Even the most powerful heroes are harmed by them after several shots, beacuse ...
by cjlee
22 Aug 2009, 17:22
Topic: Fortress level 6 dwelling
Replies: 14
Views: 6829

lets discuss dwarves

Hey EvilNed I thought I'd respond to your post to learn more about these shorties. 1) Defenders/ Level 1 Shorties are all useless in creeping and damage dealing. They're good to have with their shields and defense, and really useful in defense, but still it doesn't help you creep. And dwarf heroes h...
by cjlee
09 Aug 2009, 03:21
Topic: Fortress level 6 dwelling
Replies: 14
Views: 6829

Thanes are the best

In my opinion they are the best unit in the dwarves' arsenal. Nobody else offers so many strategic and tactical possibilties. With thanes on the battlefield the enemy has to be careful about clustering. Practically all the runes are useful on Thanes. Does anyone have difficulty playing dwarves? I ca...
by cjlee
09 Aug 2009, 03:14
Topic: ToTE Barbarian fighting help
Replies: 29
Views: 11007

Re: also quite frustrated with unabalanced barbarians

You don't have to charge to trigger morale boosts, you just have to move - and you can move to a nearby square for that. 1 Puppet Master or Confusion can't stop you, but Mass Slow + Mass Confusion + Puppet Master (in that order) can . Be warned! Dark Magic is deadly against Stronghold! As I mention...
by cjlee
02 Aug 2009, 15:35
Topic: Inferno Strategy Thread
Replies: 48
Views: 21761

i find inferno nightmarish... ly difficult

I agree with most of the posters here, including the first one. Inferno offers a lot of possibilities, but you really need to think and plan. I'm awful at this faction which reflects on my abilities. Even the simplest battle involves positioning your dogs and horses right, deciding when to gate, usi...
by cjlee
02 Aug 2009, 15:23
Topic: ToTE Barbarian fighting help
Replies: 29
Views: 11007

also quite frustrated with unabalanced barbarians

I won't say these guys are wimps. But from experience they are less fun playing because you don't have much strategic depth/ tactical flexibility. Barbarians are very predictable for these reasons: 1) Due to lack of range, magic and flying, barbarians need war machines and untamed cyclopses to siege...
by cjlee
02 Aug 2009, 15:06
Topic: need help on vampire lover map (Sarvi)
Replies: 7
Views: 7922

Thanks Kalah

I got in touch with Sarvi using the PM function!

ps pls delete this thread if you can... save forummers' space
by cjlee
01 Aug 2009, 03:40
Topic: need help on vampire lover map (Sarvi)
Replies: 7
Views: 7922

need help on vampire lover map (Sarvi)

I've played Sarvi's maps before and I like them very much. Recently I dled his Vampire Lover for TOTE and now need some help... I also found that Sarvi's email address (as listed in his map dl text file) is no longer working. The only quest I've completed is when Ornella learns the puppet master spe...
by cjlee
16 Apr 2009, 18:45
Topic: Final Walkthroughs Completed
Replies: 44
Views: 20902

Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Dark

Played this on easy, normal and heroic. On easy and normal: made the mistake of breaking through the garrison on the bottom right of the map (i.e. to get to the Dwarf Quest hero). This triggers an attack by that level 17 Lethos with his big army. On my Easy and Normal tries I got phoenix, but even s...
by cjlee
02 Apr 2009, 18:50
Topic: Tribes of the East ￾→ Flying to the Rescue ￾→ A
Replies: 92
Views: 52993

Tribes of the East ￾→ Flying to the Rescue ￾→ A

Tried playing on Hard. Got stuck on my first Wulfstan battle. Then I retrained Wulfstan in Summoning the Dragon, C3M3. Turned Wulfstan into a spellcaster and gave him Zehir's artifacts that enhance spellpower and intel. He had 285 mana when he went to fight. On Hard. I rushed Zehir through to the tr...
by cjlee
02 Apr 2009, 11:09
Topic: Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Tearing the Veil
Replies: 34
Views: 28105

Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Tearing the Veil

I played this campaign on easy and normal. On easy, my Freyda got all the standard knight melee and defense skills, including Unstoppable Charge. She had 70 mana only, so during her final battle against the underground Demon town the tide was turned only with her Unstoppable Charge and the Guardian ...
by cjlee
01 Apr 2009, 16:59
Topic: Tribes of the East ￾→ Flying to the Rescue ￾→ A
Replies: 92
Views: 52993

Tribes of the East ￾→ Flying to the Rescue ￾→ A

Played this on normal once and easy once. On normal and easy, the AI does not use level 5 spells which totally changes the game. You can win nearly all battles with low casualties. I won my final Zehir v Biara with a loss of 1 magma dragon and 11 battle mages, and the 11 mages was because I didn't f...

Go to advanced search