Search found 736 matches

by cjlee
07 Apr 2010, 18:06
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Quick AB campaign question!
Replies: 13
Views: 5711

Arturchix, how did you do this campaign again? There were 750 Faeries, weren't there? In three stacks? I still remember their annoying purple faces. They have this annoying blinking-flirting animation, dont' they? I played Dragon Slayer almost ten years ago and remembered it was hell. Essentially ve...
by cjlee
05 Apr 2010, 06:09
Topic: Around the Calendar by Ururuam Tururam - need help!
Replies: 0
Views: 1025

Around the Calendar by Ururuam Tururam - need help!

Hello Everyone! I'm playing Around the Calendar and need some guidance! First time round, I played this on Advanced and fell behind the curve, giving up after 10 months. This time I played on Normal difficulty and prioritized speed and Grandmaster Pathfinding. I also used several hired heroes (with ...
by cjlee
05 Apr 2010, 05:39
Topic: Lamentia's Story
Replies: 19
Views: 6864

Hi Jeff Thanks for your answer! Your two campaigns rank among the top campaigns I've ever played! (I've played since Heroes I, so that's quite a lot of campaigns actually) Hmm... I'm afraid I've already erased my savegames... pity, pity. Can you tell me the ending then? I just wanna know how it ends...
by cjlee
03 Apr 2010, 11:38

well, that was just in case Jeff didn't want to give away how many endings there actually are. For all we know, there may be more than 4 endings! This was such an amazing campaign. I'm just guessing that the last ending is an all-evil one, where you make only evil choices. Because that was the only ...
by cjlee
03 Apr 2010, 11:11
Topic: Argh! Driven crazy by Alexandra the Great!
Replies: 2
Views: 1286

sorry, I posted too quick!

I reentered the town a second time, but nothing triggered. I waited a day and reentered, and nothing again. Then I reentered again a fourth time, and the ending occurred! "Alexandra wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer." I feel the same. It was kind of anti-climactic since I was ...
by cjlee
03 Apr 2010, 06:19

Would you like to tell me the story?

Hey Jeff, I loved your campaign. It was absolutely great; the stuff that gets a 10 out of 10! Having said that, the campaign is quite long. Being quite replayable, I played this twice. I also made two different choices on my second replay, leading to a third ending. One ending had Angel X and an all...
by cjlee
03 Apr 2010, 06:11
Topic: Argh! Driven crazy by Alexandra the Great!
Replies: 2
Views: 1286

Argh! Driven crazy by Alexandra the Great!

I recently played my longest ever map, taking 10 months.* Alexandra was level 62 by the end, backed by 5 other level 35-36 heroes. This army crushed legions of pirates and elementals without using hypnosis, making it a real demonstration of the Power of the Hero... And then I marched into Alexandria...
by cjlee
08 Mar 2010, 19:50
Forum: News
Topic: New HoMM IV Campaign Released
Replies: 16
Views: 4114

New HoMM IV Campaign Released

High praise for this campaign. Truly a work of genius, dedication and art all at the same time! There are many endings! I'll get a review written as soon as I can. Rating for campaign: 10/10!!! BTW Jeff you should consider compiling the entire story. I played it through twice over. I had the 'good' ...
by cjlee
29 Dec 2009, 04:39
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Read my funny modern kung-fu novel online
Replies: 0
Views: 1820

Read my funny modern kung-fu novel online

Um... it isn't heroes related, but yes, it's about heroes... I've downloaded many a game from here (must be over 200 maps!) I can't make maps, but hopefully my novel will amuse you all! Hello! I’ve written a humorous kung-fu novel, Kung-fu for Dharmi. No novel is ever complete without readers, so I’...
by cjlee
09 Nov 2009, 05:49
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Stuck on Heroes V TOTE Dark Messiah
Replies: 1
Views: 1422

nevermind...

The Magician's Apprentice start distracted me, so I got 2 schools of magic for nothing. I retrained to focus on gating instead of magic. Then hit upon the idea of going back to pick up the peasants at the farm. With 110 extra brutes and swift gating, problem solved.
by cjlee
09 Nov 2009, 04:26
Topic: Stuck on Heroes V TOTE Dark Messiah
Views: 1422

Stuck on Heroes V TOTE Dark Messiah

I'm stuck on TOTE Dark Messiah. (Note, this came with TOTE and looks like any other campaign except with custom music and a separate executable; it isn't that first person camera game) Sareth has just beaten the orc guy underground and gotten the skull, after which Arantir stole it and Sareth change...
by cjlee
08 Nov 2009, 13:38
Topic: Where to download custom campaigns and new maps?
Replies: 3
Views: 3368

Where to download custom campaigns and new maps?

I've played many of the good user made maps on this site. Am looking for other maps and campaigns.

For instance I came across this nice looking campaign on youtube. Supposed to be a continuation of Might and Magic. But where can I dl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNiP0b3Y ... re=related
by cjlee
29 Oct 2009, 17:54
Topic: ToTE Barbarian fighting help
Replies: 29
Views: 11019

Actually, I do run into the middle of the battlefield. It works even against human players. of course, there are reasons. I love the untamed cyclops, and I need to get him far away from my other units to prevent hitting them. Some more I'm a big fan of divine guidance, word of the chief or chieftain...
by cjlee
29 Oct 2009, 17:08
Topic: I need a tactics lesson
Replies: 8
Views: 4925

Care to give some suggestions? I have arcane omniscience. I suppose summoning phoenix+ phantom titan +banish might work, but I've never gotten it right before (e.g. phantom killed easily by enemy). I know theoretically one could armageddon one's way to victory using artifacts + crystal ice + phoenix...
by cjlee
28 Oct 2009, 11:36
Topic: I need a tactics lesson
Replies: 8
Views: 4925

And that Children, is why Dark is so dangerous for Inferno. ;) Yup. Inevitably I am drawn to using dark vs inferno, because it is the best counter to them and they cannot fight back. I wonder if anyone has won Zehir's campaign without using puppet master, frenzy, vampiricism or blind. If you can do...
by cjlee
28 Oct 2009, 11:30
Topic: Anyone writing a Dark elf TOE guide?
Views: 7172

are you playing a real game against humans then?

if you don't max destructive, breaking into these places is hard and costly and unreliable. against an equally good human opponent, I don't see how you can be competitive.
Elvin wrote:Arcane library, utopia, arcane intuition, maybe vault of mages.
by cjlee
28 Oct 2009, 11:26
Topic: Anyone writing a Dark elf TOE guide?
Views: 7172

how do you get fast hydras? haste plus tp? it's hard for warlocks to learn light, let alone TP assault I've always been willing to try unusual combos, but rarely get the chance. It's a probability thing where some skill choices are rarely offered. by all means write a guide, I will definitely read i...
by cjlee
23 Oct 2009, 16:16
Forum: Articles
Topic: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Hunting the Hunter
Replies: 61
Views: 39959

Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Hunting the Hunter

I played this on hard. Final battle against Alaric I used Maltz's strategy to the extreme. Had a total of 1 casualty, self-inflicted (thanks to Gotai joining in the whipping fun) Fortuntately at level 32 had plenty of blood rage to absorb damage. 6 whippings from Chieftains and 1 Gotai whipping and ...
by cjlee
11 Oct 2009, 17:28
Topic: Discussion of Best and Worst Hero specializations
Views: 2438

Discussion of Best and Worst Hero specializations

I personally think the best must be Raelag's Master of Initiative. One game I got my Blood Furies to an Initiative of 26. (Can't remember what artifacts I had) If you have Blood Furies + level 30 Raelag + 20% initiative ring + ring of celerity, you should have a base initiative of 26. You'll be fac...
by cjlee
06 Oct 2009, 00:51
Topic: Discussion of Racial Skills - ideas for improving in Heroes6
Replies: 4
Views: 2699

Re: Discussion of Racial Skills - ideas for improving in Her

On Avenger: If you don't know who the bosses or your enemies are, how do you set the right units to avenge? But once you know, you get too powerful relative to that enemy. That's the problem with Balance. On Academy: In H5 How do you rush with Academy? This isn't like H3 when you can hire tons of he...

Go to advanced search