Search found 736 matches

by cjlee
02 Aug 2010, 17:39
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Funky Experience playing Heroes 2 on win xp
Replies: 2
Views: 1528

Funky Experience playing Heroes 2 on win xp

OK, I finally managed to get my Heroes 2 installed and working. There are a few minor problems, but overall the game plays fine. However... I now have a very funky gaming experience from the music. As all H2 gamers know, you have the choice of Midi, CD and CD Opera. I'm not using soundblaster card, ...
by cjlee
01 Aug 2010, 15:49
Topic: how to play H2 on windows XP?
Replies: 10
Views: 3224

OK, following the suggestions by klaymen, I managed to install my Heroes 2, thanks. During the installation, I was warned about two potential problems: 1) having 2GB of RAM. Apparently that is considered smaller than the 8MB min. Or is that some memory address problem? 2) DirectX. I have the latest ...
by cjlee
31 Jul 2010, 02:40

how do you set compatibility mode to Win95? I have no idea how to use console or do any of the things that people mention. Plus, will it cause any problems? I dread the blue screen of death. I'm very wary about disabling my antivirus after several bad experiences with viruses. Anyway it wasn't antiv...
by cjlee
30 Jul 2010, 17:19

can't even install. Installer backs out. I thought it wasn't meant for XP anyway, but decided to try reinstalling it since some people here said they were playing it on XP.

It's been many years, but I still think of H2 fondly. I used the original CD so much (for music) that it spoilt.
by cjlee
30 Jul 2010, 10:47

how to play H2 on windows XP?

I'm using XP, SP3.
by cjlee
30 Jul 2010, 10:38
Topic: 50 of the best custom made homm3 maps-download them all in 1
Replies: 19
Views: 37981

why dont you guys put them on CHeavens?

If these maps are so wonderful, why not make them available directly on the Celestial heavens maps dl page? And why are some good mapmakers' maps not available on the maps dl page anyway? Surely it isn't hard to upload them if you are a site admin?

I checked out several links all to be disappointed.
by cjlee
30 Jul 2010, 10:25
Topic: Old Homm3 maps
Replies: 2
Views: 3695

The file link that you requested is not valid. Please contac

can't dl it.

the dl links either take you to travian games or simply tell you there is no file.
by cjlee
22 Jul 2010, 14:56
Topic: The Eye of Osiris
Views: 14934

I rarely play on Champion difficulty as I've never thought that I am of 'Champion' caliber. My experience with other mapmakers, especially the sadistic Ururuam Turuam, have taught me that when most mapmakers say 'Champion' they mean just that. I remember one map where your level 2 hero plus a few we...
by cjlee
21 Jul 2010, 19:06

um... it's been astonishingly easy so far. Am playing on normal difficulty as recommended. Really doesn't seem to be a Championship map. More like novice. It may be the easiest map I've ever played in Heroes 4. I've been following the story because it's quite interesting, but it's way too easy and I...
by cjlee
21 Jul 2010, 13:17

I'm sorry but map is still buggy

Hello! I must thank you all for kindly creating and maintaining this wonderful site for Heroes fans. That said, your map Eye of Osiris still has bugs. I suspect that the translation into English has changed some names which in turn affected the scripting. Here are a few bugs. These represent only th...
by cjlee
20 Jul 2010, 16:04
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Most powerful towns?
Replies: 14
Views: 7478

I think these concepts of 'most powerful' must depend on the maps you are playing. Different towns are stronger in different environments. On a small map with poor resources, wizards are going to suck. Dwarves only need wood (rune of charge) to get overpowered, but wizards need all the resources you...
by cjlee
20 Jul 2010, 15:41
Topic: how does a leprechuan kill a megadragon?
Replies: 6
Views: 6605

Thanks a lot, theUnknown! But that still leaves open the question. How did CSarmi get his 26hp Lep? By cheating? Also, how do you use mantises to reduce damage? If I am not mistaken, the arc breath affects everyone equally. Anchoring the Megadragon a short distance from the Leprechuan shoulnd't make...
by cjlee
18 Jul 2010, 06:54
Topic: Help needed on Sarvi's Heroes IV map Armageddon
Replies: 1
Views: 1439

Help needed on Sarvi's Heroes IV map Armageddon

Please! Good players, lend me your tips! This map has really driven me nuts! The storyline looks interesting, but I'm struggling so hard and need as much advice as anyone is willing to give. 4 months into the game and I'm barely into 'Chapter Two' and too weak to fight my foes. I restarted, but even...
by cjlee
18 Jul 2010, 06:25
Topic: Is this cheating?
Views: 2617

In pretty all HOMM versions you can stop resurrection by stepping on an enemy's body. It's a common tactic. But only in Homm4 can you stop heroes from resurrecting by stepping on them. Most battles are heroes-centered and Divine Intervention/ being able to resurrect is crucial to anyone playing Prie...
by cjlee
17 Jul 2010, 17:51
Topic: Is this cheating?
Views: 2617

Is this cheating?

I hate to fight priests and dark priests. Recently I played Draconic, Around the Clock by Ururuam Tururuam and Champions by Crusad. All three maps have battles where you fight multiple enemy heroes. These battles can go on for nearly forever, especially since the enemy can keep resurrecting. Fed up ...
by cjlee
16 Jul 2010, 13:17
Topic: how does a leprechuan kill a megadragon?
Views: 6605

how does a leprechuan kill a megadragon?

I was looking for something on Crusard's campaign Champions, and chanced across an old post by Cherko (posted in 2006). Cherko apparently managed to get a level 70 hero and use one leprechuan to kill a megadragon. How can he do that? A megadragon can deal 55-110 base damage. Even with grandmaster ta...
by cjlee
05 Jul 2010, 07:58
Topic: Lord Garrick Stahlrad
Replies: 1
Views: 2011

Lord Garrick Stahlrad

Anyone played this map so far? It's a great map by a great mapmaker with a fantastic story to boot (moral dilemmas and unexpected twists), but I'm kind of tired of it. I wasn't mentally prepared to play a map that is more like a campaign. Got to the point when the Wizards were seen invading the unde...
by cjlee
05 Jul 2010, 07:40
Topic: Ruins in the Desert bug
Replies: 28
Views: 12074

I dl-ed the latest version of this map from CH (less than 1 mth ago). When selecting heroes, I noticed Raelag, Biara, Isabel, Markel, Freyda, Godric and Findan were available. I also downloaded more than 20 other maps and stuck them all in the MAPS folder. So I may have added some mod without knowin...
by cjlee
02 Jul 2010, 17:22
Topic: Ruins in the Desert bug
Replies: 28
Views: 12074

I just finished Ruins. Firstly, I want to thank Pitsu for making this map and for responding to my question about an item so quickly. I think this is a fantastic map! Now I have some observations to make: Although most people found it impossible, I found it quite easy. The last battles were astoundi...
by cjlee
02 Jul 2010, 16:45
Topic: Ruins in the Desert Help
Replies: 3
Views: 2501

thanks for all your help! I've finished the scenario!

Go to advanced search