Search found 736 matches

by cjlee
Oct 23 2016, 3:02
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H5 map: pre-alpha version upload
Replies: 13
Views: 5510

Re: H5 map: pre-alpha version upload

You could also specify if it is playable with the Heroes 5.5 Quantomas AI mod. That would certainly be an incentive for me to test it. :tongue:
by cjlee
Oct 22 2016, 14:16
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Announcing Project Ironfist, new HoMM II mod
Replies: 93
Views: 77800

Re: Announcing Project Ironfist, new HoMM II mod

OK, I didn't want to say anything at first, but it seems no one asked. But what are the tier levels of these creatures? Whenever you intro new things you have to be very concerned about the balance. I personally think the Cyber Behemoths should be at least level 5. They seem overpowered enough to be...
by cjlee
Oct 21 2016, 18:26
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes II. - Project Ironfist
Replies: 20
Views: 4671

Re: Heroes II. - Project Ironfist

I think at least in my opinion, any serious effort to make a fan game from the ground up will basically pretend H6 and H7 never existed so as not to suffer from negative association lol fans wouldn't want to just cover for Ubisoft and make them look good by fixing their horrible mess directly, they...
by cjlee
Oct 21 2016, 2:56

well to break it down the best I can (I ain't knowledgeable myself, this is just from osmosis), thing about these games is there's the soft coded and the hard coded aspects lol the Project Ironfists, WOG and HotA guys have been able to basically break down, study, interpret and reconstruct the hard...
by cjlee
Oct 20 2016, 16:49
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes 5.5 (unofficial)
Replies: 75
Views: 42220

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes 5.5 (unofficial)

Right now it seems as though the 5.5 mod is mainly lacking in maps specifically designed for them, thanks to having only come out in June. RMG maps made by 5.5 mod are very good in quality and design, but since I'm the type of guy who prefers stories and campaigns and storylines, I'll have to wait f...
by cjlee
Oct 20 2016, 16:36

OK, I'm totally ignorant of programming Erwinner. But is it possible that a relatively small and dedicated team of fans can produce a better game over the next 2 years? Again and again over the years I have seen the awesome results of the fans: WoG, Equilibris, and now Heroes 5.5. Since part of the ...
by cjlee
Oct 19 2016, 20:46

lol that is absolutely not going to happen mate no matter all the abstract rhetoric, nobody talented enough to do it is that bored and masochistic lol you deeply underestimate how ****** up Heroes 7 is from a technical perspective lol by the time it happens (if ever) H7 will be as outdated as H2 lo...
by cjlee
Oct 19 2016, 20:40
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Heroes VII. Tutorial & Mods - List
Replies: 17
Views: 15418

Re: Heroes VII. Tutorial & Mods - List

Unofficial 2.2.1 Modfix - download here . Anyway, Inferno is not the last remaining faction. You forgot the most exciting one, amazing Sanctuary :up: You mean Ubisoft actually planned three expansions, one with dwarves, one with demons and one with Sanctuary? Unfortunately I can't praise these guys...
by cjlee
Oct 19 2016, 13:09

OK, to continue my observations and feedback... Mod called for I noticed this, and it calls for a mod to be addressed. In Heroes 2 we had the problem where boats would sometimes block the shore leading to some maps being un-finishable. This problem was resolved in later Heroes, where you had spells ...
by cjlee
Oct 17 2016, 20:59

As much as I loved H2, I really question whether there is a need to do this project. Ultimately H2 is severely outdated. Already H7 does not meet the GUI expectations of modern gamers, much less H2. How are you going to make the game still look good on a 24" screen which is standard nowadays? ...
by cjlee
Oct 17 2016, 13:53

As much as I loved H2, I really question whether there is a need to do this project. Ultimately H2 is severely outdated. Already H7 does not meet the GUI expectations of modern gamers, much less H2. How are you going to make the game still look good on a 24" screen which is standard nowadays? H...
by cjlee
Oct 17 2016, 11:04
Topic: Heroes VII. Tutorial & Mods - List
Replies: 17
Views: 15418

Re: Heroes VII. Tutorial & Mods - List

[quote="Pol"]Unofficial 2.2.1 Modfix - download here . I've already deinstalled H7, but the truly heroic efforts of guys like KKND21 are much appreciated. Give it another year, two years, surely someone will make a Heroes7.5 patch that includes our last faction, the Inferno guys? In the me...
by cjlee
Oct 17 2016, 2:57

It can also be done with might heroes, i have cleaned up entire areas with only using pit lords, horned overseers and succubi What you have done is to make different play styles viable. Unfortunately playing in these different play styles really requires a lot of mindset change. I'm not used to the...
by cjlee
Oct 16 2016, 14:26

OK, I just tried playing H5.5 on the maps included with the installer ie the official H5.5 team RMG maps which have presumably been examined and playtested and distributed to everyone. I'm truly impressed. See here, I've always regarded myself as a pretty average player. A guy like me should not be ...
by cjlee
Oct 15 2016, 12:59
Topic: HEROES 7 Trial by Fire
Replies: 19
Views: 8130

Re: HEROES 7 Trial by Fire

Writing guides and discussing play styles isn't hard work; I love to do it. More importantly, all the sharing of information helps other people. I certainly get plenty of help from reading other people too. Now for example, I'm writing a lot about my experiences with H5.5 mod on campaigns. Magnomagu...
by cjlee
Oct 14 2016, 17:41
Topic: HEROES 7 Trial by Fire
Replies: 19
Views: 8130

Re: HEROES 7 Trial by Fire

Even though price is now below USD10, I'm not buying. I know it hasn't been fully patched and already Ubisxxt has pulled the plug. Heroes Mod5.5 is proving very awesome. I believe h5 will have another 10 years to go as a result of Quantomas, Magnomagus, and their dedicated team of volunteers. H7 is ...
by cjlee
Oct 14 2016, 7:12
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Triumvirate
Replies: 42
Views: 19317

Re: The Triumvirate

Playing this on Heroes Mod5.5. Magnomagus has warned against people using his mod to replay the campaigns. Using the mod on this map messes with the scripts. Instead of Haven towns, every town became a Necropolis. AI basically converted everything to their faction, but I couldn't convert back. All t...
by cjlee
Oct 14 2016, 7:03
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Mage → The Liberation
Replies: 29
Views: 8227

Re: The Mage → The Liberation

Playing this on Heroes Mod5.5, the AI worked differently. On my first try using the Mod5.5 Quantomas AI, I remembered being constantly short of resources (for artificer) when I played the Heroes V vanilla version years ago. So I decided to try building up my forces first. I leisurely cleared my home...
by cjlee
Oct 13 2016, 20:28
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: H7 vs taking things into our own hands
Replies: 106
Views: 34873

Re: H7 vs taking things into our own hands

Quantomas, I'm happy to see you on this forum. Your efforts really tell us that what is needed to build a great AI, is not an exhausted, overworked team in a big corporation. But a brilliant, creative mind supported by a dedicated team in their free time. You couldn't have spent so many man hours on...
by cjlee
Oct 13 2016, 20:18
Topic: HOMM VI Freezes in the last Sanctuary map
Replies: 1
Views: 1270

Re: HOMM VI Freezes in the last Sanctuary map

Wow. HOMM6 is still totally bugged years after the release.

Go to advanced search