Search found 736 matches

by cjlee
18 Dec 2016, 19:38
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Stuck on Necromancer - Thoughts and intentions
Replies: 14
Views: 25293

Re: Stuck on Necromancer - Thoughts and intentions

Oh damn, the broken script must have happened after the 1.8 patch. I played the Necro campaign at or before 1.8.

Can't remember what level I got Adar Malik to previously, but he was definitely a strong hero by the time of this map. Also I never got hit by chain lightning.
by cjlee
17 Dec 2016, 21:33
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Your favorite magic school(s) H4
Replies: 57
Views: 39098

Re: Your favorite magic school(s) H4

Good summary. Thats why it always make me laugh when solo players present their brilliant technique like "I summon x devils and cast at them dragon strength" or something like that. Imagine if AI could be like very average online human player - he wouldn't wait for you on his side of map ...
by cjlee
17 Dec 2016, 15:38
Topic: Your favorite magic school(s) H4
Replies: 57
Views: 39098

Re: Your favorite magic school(s) H4

I like 2 have 4-7 heroes in my army. My favorite combo would have 2 B death & nature.I find the summoning demons and nature creatures can be overpowering and has saved my bacon in many a battles Have you tried online game? It makes 180 degrees change in thinking about gameplay. I think most of ...
by cjlee
17 Dec 2016, 14:58
Topic: Stuck on Necromancer - Thoughts and intentions
Replies: 14
Views: 25293

Re: Stuck on Necromancer - Thoughts and intentions

I played on the hardest difficulty, and in my own walkthrough https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/22/16039 I thought it was nearly as difficult as the average Heroes 2 campaign map. I didn't play this campaign on the final patch 2.21 so it is possible they made some changes. Firstly, make a beeli...
by cjlee
12 Dec 2016, 17:16
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: World Championship 2016 Heroes 4 online
Replies: 12
Views: 16375

Re: World Championship 2016 Heroes 4 online

I wonder how they compare with the other gamers on this forum. Or people like Benbird who has managed to beat some truly difficult maps. me, I would probably be utterly crushed within 2 weeks. very sad :canthear: Really wish some people could make the videos available on youtube. There are just a fe...
by cjlee
12 Dec 2016, 13:06
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H3 Some Mapmaking Questions
Replies: 6
Views: 5480

Re: H3 Some Mapmaking Questions

Visiting hero means whether the hero is in the garrison or standing at the castle doorstep. (Heroes outside, are physically placed by the icon.) IIRC validate map means they check for obvious mistakes. It is not just allowed to ask for play testers; it is encouraged. Lots of people in the community ...
by cjlee
12 Dec 2016, 06:56
Topic: [H3] Any tips for South of Hell at 200%
Replies: 3
Views: 4232

Re: [H3] Any tips for South of Hell at 200%

I played it so long ago, please excuse me for any mistaken memories: 1) you should take control of the AI ally. If you don't, these guys are just useless. 2) Wizard is great because of their spells. On this map Expert Earth Magic and Town Portal is a must. 3) Letting them attack you is absolutely no...
by cjlee
12 Dec 2016, 06:43
Topic: Trial By Fire - The Dwarf expansion
Replies: 51
Views: 32571

Re: Trial By Fire - The Dwarf expansion

by now haven't you realized that Ubisoft cannot be trusted to produce anything usable?

I've always said, I really welcome people who disagree with me and love Heroes VII.

These people are the one who will mod the game until we all love it.
by cjlee
11 Dec 2016, 14:33
Topic: Trial By Fire - The Dwarf expansion
Replies: 51
Views: 32571

Re: Trial By Fire - The Dwarf expansion

I have been reading many good comments about the Russian balance mod for H7. Thanks to these messianic Russians (and not these evil Ubisoft Frenchmen), the world is saved. I was seriously thinking about getting Trial By Fire. Then I found that I could not get it cheap anymore. A few months ago, Tria...
by cjlee
10 Dec 2016, 13:53
Topic: HOMM3 Stronghold: Tips on Using Cyclops?
Replies: 11
Views: 7549

Re: HOMM3 Stronghold: Tips on Using Cyclops?

For some things, you need to do in practice before you read the theory. Only when you have played and seen enough maps of all kinds and sizes, do you have a feel for the possibilities of any map. Sure, by all means collect all the tips and strategies you want. There’s nothing stopping you from spend...
by cjlee
10 Dec 2016, 02:32
Topic: HOMM3 Stronghold: Tips on Using Cyclops?
Replies: 11
Views: 7549

Re: HOMM3 Stronghold: Tips on Using Cyclops?

OK, those who have seen my post history should know that I am normally quite happy to help people or share experiences about this game. However, at the risk of sounding unfriendly, I strongly advise people not to give Marmot tips in this regard. I think this thread has gotten very wrong, and want to...
by cjlee
08 Dec 2016, 15:39
Topic: Should I buy Heroes VII?
Replies: 18
Views: 15955

Re: Should I buy Heroes VII?

ahoover1986 My loathing and contempt for Ubisoft is well know on this site. Nonetheless I realized that Heroes VII might have been designed with certain considerations in mind. So I wrote about it in my thread in September/ October where I discussed how to play Heroes VII. Heroes III and games with ...
by cjlee
07 Dec 2016, 19:24
Topic: Should I buy Heroes VII?
Replies: 18
Views: 15955

Re: Should I buy Heroes VII?

I played it after the last patch, and wrote about my experiences. I have lots of posts all over the place, so probably you must have missed them. take for example my post here https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/22/16183#p365706 my threads here are 2.2. As the numbering suggests, 2.2.1 didn't cha...
by cjlee
11 Nov 2016, 18:31
Topic: FUTURE OF HEROES AND OTHER DISCUSSIONS
Views: 18505

Re: FUTURE OF HEROES AND OTHER DISCUSSIONS

Panda Tar I like talking to you so I will continue, but really, am tired of the entire Heroes idea that’s why I am likely to stop all Heroes gaming. Right now I have no Heroes game on any of my computers. I have lost enthusiasm for this forum and all related forums, also for the same reason as what ...
by cjlee
11 Nov 2016, 13:39
Topic: FUTURE OF HEROES AND OTHER DISCUSSIONS
Views: 18505

Re: FUTURE OF HEROES AND OTHER DISCUSSIONS

Panda Tar, I've posted a lot of my ideas in other threads that have gotten minimal response. You could look at them to see if there are ideas you'd like. https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/17?p=366142#p366142 https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/2?p=366135#p366135 (and many more threads beside...
by cjlee
03 Nov 2016, 15:55
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Some ideas on 3D in Heroes that I hope modders will take up on.
Replies: 9
Views: 10060

Re: Some ideas on 3D in Heroes that I hope modders will take up on.

I know I’d posted my ‘last post’ earlier, but I got some new inspirations so I’ll contribute them here. I very seriously hope my ideas will be taken up. Firstly, to fix the ridiculous Initiative system. I’m tired of the nonsense where mass haste, leadership and divine guidance (or some other equival...
by cjlee
02 Nov 2016, 20:02
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: My last post – A Plea For Smarter Games
Replies: 3
Views: 5449

My last post – A Plea For Smarter Games

I am writing to articulate my wish for a smarter Heroes game. I have played more Heroes, than some toddlers have lived. And over the years, I’ve come to feel that I really want this game to be more realistic and less theoretical. I want to see more sophistication in Heroes. As I started in this post...
by cjlee
02 Nov 2016, 17:12
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes 5.5 (unofficial)
Replies: 75
Views: 77465

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes 5.5 (unofficial)

I've always been a fan of intelligent play, not artificially raising difficulty via vast numbers. I could make my own mod where every mine is guarded by 1000 titans, but that doesn't make it a good mod just because it is difficult. In fact, I was only just discussing ways to make Heroes games more c...
by cjlee
01 Nov 2016, 20:16

OK, let me talk about an unbalanced battle that I really hated. I consider this the worst (as in least enjoyable) battle in my entire Heroes gaming career. The AI wasn't anything spectacular. Didn't play particularly well. But what made the battle impossible was: Firstly, the enemy had incredible nu...
by cjlee
01 Nov 2016, 16:51

just to follow up by observing hero classes that worked: Sylvan Druid The Avenger ability was not that crucial to Sylvan Survival to begin with. You don't get to Avenge until after you have killed 2 populations of the enemy, and you can only list a max of 3 enemies, and you need to have an Avenger's...

Go to advanced search