Search found 40 matches

by Grey Pilgrim
23 Jan 2007, 17:18
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Your favorite Multiplayer Fortress Hero?
Replies: 9
Views: 14693

Haven't done a LOT of HoF playing yet, but, as someone who enjoys all magic, I like Inga and her rune abilities...
by Grey Pilgrim
03 Oct 2006, 11:53
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Installing H5 maps with .rar extension
Replies: 5
Views: 4027

Thanks, everyone!
I'll see if WinZip opens the file; if not, I'll just wait until the map is posted in another (zip) format. Thanks, again...
by Grey Pilgrim
02 Oct 2006, 16:09
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Installing H5 maps with .rar extension
Replies: 5
Views: 4027

Installing H5 maps with .rar extension

Here's another simple question, I'm sure... I downloaded an H5 map with the .rar extension (as opposed to .pak or .h5m); do I need another program to open the .rar map (just as you need WinZip to open a zipped file)? I don't think putting the .rar map into either the data folder or the map folder wi...
by Grey Pilgrim
28 Jul 2006, 16:23
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: TCP/IP or LAN
Replies: 9
Views: 3446

Send email to Ubi requesting TCP/IP capability; I believe they stated that they would look at implementing this option if "there is demand for it". (I only use TCP/IP for multiplayer, too)
by Grey Pilgrim
19 Jun 2006, 11:11
Forum: Articles
Topic: Manual
Replies: 81
Views: 35532

Manual

Great work! Thank you!!
by Grey Pilgrim
05 Jun 2006, 11:16
Forum: News
Topic: Take-Out Charts
Replies: 8
Views: 3164

Take-Out Charts

Great Charts! Thank you!

(Add my approval for the H4 manual; it's very good)
by Grey Pilgrim
05 Jun 2006, 11:03
Topic: Another Reference Chart
Replies: 15
Views: 4492

Another Reference Chart

Thanks, GC. At this point, EVERY reference chart is a useful one, and this one more than most.
by Grey Pilgrim
05 May 2006, 16:42
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Your Favorite 4th lvl creature
Replies: 72
Views: 23296

I went with the Fairy Dragons/Phoenix combination; as always, any creature that can cast spells has a "plus" in my book (I like water elementals for the same reason...can we say "quicksand"?). And the phoenix is fast, and can strike two groups (if you're lucky). All that said, ga...
by Grey Pilgrim
05 May 2006, 16:25
Topic: [H4]Favourite level 3 pair
Replies: 32
Views: 11836

Have to go with the genies/naga troops; while I don't use nagas a lot, the genies can do almost anything with their magical abilities (and I always favor the spell-caster armies).
by Grey Pilgrim
03 May 2006, 16:39
Topic: Your favorite magic school(s) H4
Replies: 57
Views: 39086

For a choice of a single school, I go with Order whenever I can. In addition to all the Order spells already mentioned, I really like Precision, too. For multiple schools, I like Nature and Death; as was mentioned before, the summoning spells of the Demonologist are fabulous!
by Grey Pilgrim
03 May 2006, 16:23
Topic: [H4] Here all dragons...
Replies: 71
Views: 24412

Have to admit that I like Faerie Dragons, too...at least in Heroes 4 (hate them in H3). I'm a spellcaster at heart, and FD are just one more magical resource I can use in my battles.
by Grey Pilgrim
03 May 2006, 16:14
Topic: H4: your favourite lv2 unit
Replies: 38
Views: 15239

Going back to the topic...

I like the elves/tigers, and try to get them both if I can (different builds in different cities, or from outside creature dwellings). Sometimes it's fun to play with ALL a faction's choices of armies.
by Grey Pilgrim
03 May 2005, 16:02
Topic: Academy Creatures
Replies: 20
Views: 10780

I agree with HodgePodge; genies have so many advantages that I don't remember ever using Nagas.
by Grey Pilgrim
22 Apr 2005, 23:24
Topic: New Poll on the Nival Site
Replies: 11
Views: 5515

I agree; I really enjoyed playing the H4 magic system. Order magic was addictive; I really had to force myself to play other schools. But totally enjoyed all of them!
by Grey Pilgrim
28 Feb 2005, 16:46
Topic: Psychobabble's Picks
Replies: 19
Views: 10034

Thanks for all the work, Psychobabble! I've played most of your favorites, and hope to play the rest of them soon. One problem I had (and wonder if anyone else ran into it) was that the save games that I was using for A Beautiful Land became corrupted (including both Autosaves) and I ended up having...
by Grey Pilgrim
18 Feb 2005, 20:29
Topic: New maps
Replies: 6
Views: 3871

(While playing, GP is startled by what appears to be the shadow of a large cow on the wall, and a flash of pink dragon scales moving outside the window) Wow, I must be half dreaming...I really need to find something to substitute for Sorknes' expressoes! Even if only a quarter as strong as hers, it ...
by Grey Pilgrim
18 Feb 2005, 20:00

Oh, NOW'S a good time to tell me my cloud castle will upgrade!

GP
by Grey Pilgrim
18 Feb 2005, 17:23

(Starts playing the game...)

Hey, wait a minute! What do you mean...I'm poisoned?!?!

I can't be poisoned...I'm the hero!

(Starts looking for BM's email address so that he can discuss the obvious error in the start of the game...)

GP
by Grey Pilgrim
18 Feb 2005, 14:27

(Grabs a chair at the table he salvaged from the old Comm. Tavern)

"I sure miss Sorknes' espresso creations! Don't know how I'm able to keep on playing sometimes without them. Not to mention BM's early morning conversations. Ah, those were the days..."

GP
by Grey Pilgrim
18 Feb 2005, 14:18

The Homm3 map is obviously of the highest quality, as it it starring...me! Actually, all of the "To Hire a Hero" maps are great fun to play, and BM (and friends) is a great map-maker and story-teller. Enjoy!!

Grey Pilgrim

Go to advanced search