Search found 125 matches

by Konfuzius
Apr 26 2013, 19:49
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Short MM8 modding questions
Replies: 4
Views: 2377

Thank you for the fast answer! I plan on starting from new and I want to make basic changes only to make the game more challenging. Does that mean I have to learn lua? I only had a brief look at the MMExtention page but really don't know how to code anything higher than excel functions ^^ Edit: I ju...
by Konfuzius
Apr 26 2013, 19:29
Topic: Short MM8 modding questions
Replies: 4
Views: 2377

Short MM8 modding questions

I did some modding on MM7 and MM6 before but now I'm having troubles with MM8. I'm using mm8leveleditor and did some changes to Monsters.txt. However, if I import my monsters textfile and save as a new .lod, monsters are either not changed or the game crashes when I want to start it. Also, does anyb...
by Konfuzius
Apr 24 2013, 13:53
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Question about Heroes VI streamlining of resources
Replies: 9
Views: 8161

I don't mind it too much but I think they should have made 4 resources instead of 3. Two ordinary and two special resources. But that's for the character and uniqueness of the game only. So partially, I think it was a good decision.
by Konfuzius
Apr 24 2013, 13:43
Topic: Your Favourite M&M
Replies: 106
Views: 35669

Seriously I can't decide. I admit that I've only played 6-8 but every title has its strenghts. MM6 has super big and beatiful levels and overall feels more "alive" and simply bigger than any MM released later on. MM7 has a superior gameplay and the decisions you can make and your own castl...
by Konfuzius
Apr 12 2013, 23:53
Topic: Shades of Darkness
Replies: 98
Views: 95123

Well, actually I liked what I see and Dungeon gameplay surely looks interesting.
by Konfuzius
Mar 31 2013, 17:48
Topic: Are you happy that MMX is in development?
Replies: 53
Views: 14468

I don't know if I am more qualified than Holder because I only played MM6,7,8 and a lil bit H5 but what from what I've read the original universe had the Creators and the Acients, right? And according to ASHAN lore there are dragons who created the universe, right? What if the Dragons are Ancients A...
by Konfuzius
Feb 6 2013, 21:05
Topic: MM8,5 - Echo of Destruction
Replies: 358
Views: 166101

Cool video, the level reminds of some classic dungeons in MM6 :)
by Konfuzius
Feb 5 2013, 1:03
Topic: Clash of Heroes is ridiculous; I’m glad for it!
Replies: 16
Views: 6029

@GreatEmerald: That is certainly one way of looking at it. I have to add a couple of things, though. The developers chosen for M&M work usually do care about the series - it's the Ubi top brass that don't really care. Also, and don't take this the wrong way, but many fans of the old universe se...
by Konfuzius
Feb 1 2013, 23:43

Just wow. I esteem your effort you put into this.
Love it <3
by Konfuzius
Jan 15 2013, 21:40

Well, I expected the models to come out much worse. Although I'm not really happy with the Beholder I think they are doing their job quite well. Anybody have a guess for their racial ability? You can see the gauge in the Manticore screen (along the very upper body of the Assassin).
by Konfuzius
Jan 9 2013, 20:16
Topic: How would you balance MM7 classes?
Replies: 12
Views: 8112

Yeah, I know what you mean. And I actually did a complete revamp of the classes just for myself a while back. I even have the xlsx where I planned my classes initially. I will recap the most important changes of the classes. That's at least my approach to make all classes somewhat balanced. The Knig...
by Konfuzius
Jan 4 2013, 15:33

Well, I actually kinda liked this blend of black and purple, even the Minotaurs but with the Menticore it start getting ridiculous...

Seriously?
by Konfuzius
Dec 31 2012, 1:48
Topic: Town Portal Mechanics
Replies: 14
Views: 5324

I didn't play MM 4-5 (yet) but I really liked the way how TCC made it. You know, that you must be master in order to join a guild so you can get some good spells. Alternatively, some kind of guild quest as a requirement would be a cool thing too. I don't really like the idea of "failing" a...
by Konfuzius
Nov 23 2012, 16:57

Great track. Wel, it didn't scare me that much but I can imagine it being really nasty when played in a dark and evil dungeon ^^
by Konfuzius
Oct 6 2012, 11:43

I have nothing against Dungeon but if they make another dark elf/cultist/Homm 5 like faction they can keep it... I've always adored Dungeon in H3 and I still like playing it today but in Ashan they feel more like a poor filler. Where are my evil beast Warlocks and Overloards and whats the deal with ...
by Konfuzius
May 14 2012, 10:44
Topic: Might and Magic X: New Soundtrack Released!
Replies: 6
Views: 2595

I'd say either take this as the main/credit theme or place it in a void like level (like the title suggests).
by Konfuzius
Feb 25 2012, 23:49
Topic: Favorite MM game
Replies: 35
Views: 12872

I've only played 6,7 and 8 and I think mine is MM8. Its biggest problem is the lack of content but to be honest I don't mind that too much. I like what NWC did with the classes and I just love the idea of having beast races in your party. I also like the locations and the story, but I think in direc...
by Konfuzius
Feb 1 2012, 18:19
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Custom music in H3
Replies: 5
Views: 2578

Oh I found the cause. Heroes 3 doesn't seem to like tracks that are longer than 4 minutes... and my mp3s were pretty long ^^

Just telling in case somebody has the same problem.
by Konfuzius
Jan 27 2012, 14:30

Of course I did search before asking, but no "solution" worked for me. As I mentioned in my first part I did rename them correctly, in fact I copied the file name so there are no possible spelling errors. All MP3 are lame codec, are there any other technical specifications I should know? A...
by Konfuzius
Jan 23 2012, 18:11

Custom music in H3

I've been playing Heroes 3 for a couple of days now and wanted to change the music a bit by playing my own soundtracks. I chose some MP3s, gave them the right name and replaced them but ingame there is only silence. I've also downloaded the music fix, but my soundtracks still aren't played. I don't ...

Go to advanced search