Nice work
by Lord_Haart
06 Jul 2006, 09:19
Forum: News
Topic: Patch 1.2 News
Replies: 42
Views: 15879

Patch 1.2 News

I'm glad they're using 2 months on it. far better than using 1 month on it.

Why do people forget why H4 was such a flop so quickly? Games need TIME.
by Lord_Haart
05 Jul 2006, 07:11
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: The things that we really LIKE about H5
Replies: 46
Views: 12619

1) Skill system rocks, Ubi excelled here as heroes feel far more active in combat than in H3, without the issues of H4. Very good compromise between RPG and TBS elements. 2) Initiative bar instead of stupid turns - makes far more sense, and makes the game more strategic since creatures are not garun...
by Lord_Haart
05 Jul 2006, 06:30
Topic: My Necropolis Guide
Replies: 69
Views: 22757

Have to agree with the thread starter here - while I agree with Gus about the guide not being quite so complete, going on and on about it for 3 pages isn't helping. If someone shows me a crappy car design, I can tell him NICELY what is wrong with it, instead of spitting in his face for trying. Attit...
by Lord_Haart
01 Jul 2006, 18:06
Topic: Nival Answers: Part Trois
Replies: 105
Views: 34285

Nival Answers: Part Trois

MAYBE the liches are just able to CONTROL their magic, so that the acid is only aimed at enemies...

Nah... that makes too much sense to be true...

And vampires with sword would be fine if and only if they still said "blah" when they attacked.
by Lord_Haart
24 Jun 2006, 09:23
Topic: A question about initiatives and turns...
Replies: 15
Views: 4127

Hydras only take two turns to cross the field. Of course it's easy to fight them as neutrals - you have focus your ranged troops and spells on them. But in an army, they are deadly - you know they are coming, but you have to focus on other shooters first, and then the fast creatures... and the hero ...
by Lord_Haart
24 Jun 2006, 09:09
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Oblivion or Dark Messiah?
Replies: 51
Views: 31844

It's amazing how a few extra full stops can imply so much... I think it's ok for me to say i was in the Heroes 5 beta, but I didn't get into this one. Shame really, since I'm actually really looking forward to DMoMM. Oblivion is great though - if you like RPG's that is. If you think it isn't deep en...
by Lord_Haart
23 Jun 2006, 12:21
Topic: Dark Messiah Warrior Video
Replies: 22
Views: 7168

Dark Messiah Warrior Video

Well, people at E3 said it gave them the same impression as oblivion did => looks good for DMoMM. For H5, despite its flaws, to do so well in terms of sales means that DMoMM certainly has the potential to be a real winner for Ubisoft and Arkane. Looks like Ubi made a good choice on this one, and wit...
by Lord_Haart
21 Jun 2006, 15:50
Topic: is this game gonna be multiplayer
Replies: 6
Views: 5351

I imagine deathmatch and team match will both be supported (deathmatch is easy to implement if you have teammatch, and the prescence of priests/healers strongly suggests teammatch).

They may have other gametypes too, but I don't know what (capture the flag? infiltration?)
by Lord_Haart
10 Jun 2006, 19:39
Topic: What are the bonus maps?
Replies: 40
Views: 9753

It's DEFINITELY Illegal atm, HOWEVER, once the map editor is out, all bets are off. You can probably edit a map, add in a small detail or two (like editing bad grammar :P) and be fine to pass it on to others (though you can't claim it is entirely your own work of course, (or sell it for profit, as w...
by Lord_Haart
10 Jun 2006, 11:40
Forum: Articles
Topic: Biggles Review
Replies: 29
Views: 12505

Biggles Review

I'm glad they made it heroes of might AND magic - the segregation between the two "Schools" in previous games was annoying at times.

Good review
by Lord_Haart
09 Jun 2006, 17:40
Topic: Which faction will you use for the smallest maps?
Replies: 23
Views: 7991

IRT Paradox - they also said with Map Editor release will come the ability to create even larger maps than the current biggest.

(Jeez, that was some bad english on my part)
by Lord_Haart
09 Jun 2006, 17:36
Topic: Dark Messiah doesn't look too good...
Replies: 21
Views: 15241

Yeah... I've been incredibly suprised by what Ubisoft has done with the title - while the 2 games (H5 and DMoMM) clearly owe much of their success to their developers, they've also evidently been well-marketed, to get #1 PC game at E3 (means DMoMM got lots of coverage) and for H5 to be 3rd top selli...
by Lord_Haart
09 Jun 2006, 17:26
Topic: Shadow glitches on 7600GT
Replies: 16
Views: 8129

Great to see you back :D

Some screenshots might help identify the problem, but I'd agree with the above suggestion of checking DirectX version first.
by Lord_Haart
06 Jun 2006, 11:56
Topic: I was right!
Replies: 41
Views: 13250

^^ yeah, I agree, anime is far different from what H5 is. And the RoL demo was terrible, imo - just more of the same, usual RTS junk. You'd think they'd try something new, like ES did with AoE3 (home cities), but it still feels like a tryhard starcraft (tryhard because it doesn't feel as epic as sta...
by Lord_Haart
02 Jun 2006, 13:20
Topic: A Patch Early Next Week?
Replies: 26
Views: 7529

A Patch Early Next Week?

@Daemian - did I hear incorrectly, or did you not just say you disagreed with patches being extensively tested for bugs, then state that they should only be released once they have been repeatedly tested to ensure that they work well? How is that not the same thing? :P Of course, we all agree there'...
by Lord_Haart
27 May 2006, 15:17
Topic: Can't Save!
Replies: 2
Views: 1345

Can't Save!

Well, I can save, but when I go to load a game, the save isn't there... what could it be?
by Lord_Haart
25 May 2006, 16:59
Topic: Gamespot gives Heroes V 8.2
Replies: 20
Views: 7869

GameSpot Gives Heroes V 8.2

I can't believe the best of them all, H2 expansion, got such poor reviews. Of all my memories I have, that was the best for it's time. Of course, it's much less playable now :(
by Lord_Haart
20 May 2006, 17:46
Topic: Oblivion or Dark Messiah?
Replies: 51
Views: 31844

Ok, here's some facts about Oblivion in reply to the near-flaming (negative comments based on heresay): (1) Rund BEAUTIFULLY on my P4 2.4GHz, X800pro system. Looks like 1000* better than H5. EVERY LINE of speech is voice acted, with full lip-synching. (2) AI is excellent, near human at times. (3) Ga...

Go to advanced search