Search found 399 matches

by savetara
Sep 19 2009, 15:44
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Kingdoms of Erthia (LOE - Tactics Update)
Replies: 107
Views: 38084

Thanks for the feed back. The race option is something I can put into the game. I have already implemented the material and magic effects for items. There are 8 different materials that weapons and armor can be made from, and there are well over thousands and thousands of different magical propertie...
by savetara
Sep 11 2009, 19:12

Just another update. Once again, several hours fixing bugs that just randomly began to show up. I have changed few aspects of the game. The skill levling is going to be a little different. The original script just would not function properly. It would cause the game to randomly crash. I have created...
by savetara
Sep 8 2009, 13:35

The engine is Rpg Maker VX, but you would never be able to tell. It has been modified beyond its original structure. The only thing you can't do with it is make 3d games. If that were possible, I would have made a realtime Might and Magic game. Hince the reason why I went to tactical rpg. However, i...
by savetara
Sep 7 2009, 11:05

Just a small update to the website:

I have created a small list of the bestiary that can be encountered in the game. You can check it out here:
http://www.save-tara.com/loe/bestiary.html
by savetara
Sep 5 2009, 18:28

What do you guys think of a skirmish mode where you can have a quick random battle?
by savetara
Sep 3 2009, 14:14

In my opinion, I honestly prefer playing older games than the newer ones. I find newer games are just missing that classical feel to them.

Variol wrote:I just glanced at the screen shots, but it looks fun!

Heck, I still play Final Fantasy 1.
by savetara
Sep 3 2009, 14:08

Thanks. I have more time on my hands these days, so things should be a little quicker. From the last update I have fixed a lot of bugs as well. Incorrect damage, status screen showing false weapon damage, spells weren't working quite right. However, I got a majority of the bugs out of the system. Th...
by savetara
Sep 3 2009, 11:08

I can fix the archmage title, and Erthia is original. I actually came up with the name before I played MM7 or HOMM III.
by savetara
Sep 3 2009, 1:11

Another update, I have at least a few hours worth of gameplay completed. I have removed some of the classes because they weren't really useful. Instead, I will be having a promotion based class system like might and magic. Here is the list. Soldier > Knight > Champion Paladin > Crusader > Hero Cleri...
by savetara
Jun 30 2009, 7:33

Another day has been put into the game. However, today was a long agonizing day. I met the biggest challenge of the all... Scripting the merchant skill. It took me nearly 8 hours to script this in. For some strange reason it would not work properly. However, it is now working properly. It adds a lot...
by savetara
Jun 27 2009, 5:37

Another update. I have decided to keep the spellbooks and scrap the idea of espers. After exploring through the game, I realized that equipment can be quite expensive, so I am now scripting in the merchant skill to help reduce costs. I have a few more bugs that crash the game I have to fix then I wi...
by savetara
Jun 26 2009, 18:42

The demo is nearly complete... First ingame screenshots.

The demo is almost ready to be released. Just fixing up a few more things. Here are two screenshots from the actual story and gameplay. http://od5zia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pcfzsYjBeVk4ICblFac_YrxBwZuacne9Zm92Gp-X6a7AjXM0eiKSJNkp98gLxLXEvqi4T4Yt0a-ZkBpa_btUby9CJD6t1LLdx/indgame1.jpg http://od5zia.b...
by savetara
Jun 25 2009, 18:45

Just another update. I have decided to switch back to the original idea of using the tactical engine. The rogue-like engine lacked many features. Hpwever, all the previous updates such as the purchase random treasure in the shops, etc have been applied. I have also added a new character class, "...
by savetara
Jun 22 2009, 15:50

I have another major update to share. I have decided to change the tactical engine o a rogue style engine. I felt that using the tactical engine it was more of a heroes of might and magic game rather than a might and magic game. Whay I have done is tranferred all of the scripts into a brand new comb...
by savetara
Jun 10 2009, 13:19

Update!!!

Okay, I have been working real hard on this game. I have added a lot more random treasure. I got rid of the ninja class and replaced it with the thief class. I did an entire overhall on the interface of the game. The battle code has been reprogrammed (less errors and bugs.) I have added a new skill ...
by savetara
May 29 2009, 4:40

Kingdoms of Erthia (LOE - Tactics Update)

Formerly known as LOE - Tactics. Kingdoms of Erthia - Alpha 0.2 Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpfcJ4hbPjw Most Frequent Updates Are Posted Here: https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia It has been while since I works on this, but I decided to bring this project back to life. Kingdoms of...
by savetara
Dec 14 2008, 4:43
Topic: The Legend of Erthia Tactics
Replies: 7
Views: 2752

The game I guess would be a cross between homm and mm. The engine I am using is Rpg Maker Xp with a lot of scripts. I spent a lot of time scripting all the parameters and skills. Once I am done with all the demos, I will release the entire game so that you can customize it based on your own tastes (...
by savetara
Dec 11 2008, 15:52

Thank you for the feedback. If anyone has any suggestions on what I can add to the game please feel free to post them. Is anyone interested in seeing a score system like in heroes of might and magic?
by savetara
Dec 11 2008, 13:18

The Legend of Erthia Tactics

I have been a big fan of might and magic since MM6 came out. I haven't seen to many games these days to resemble its exciting game play. So what I wanted to do is create a fan game based on the same lore. I am also designing it to resemble the good old fashioned D&D graphics style. Keep the good...

Go to advanced search