Search found 103 matches

by LongDarkBlues
26 Jan 2011, 21:52
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Haven collage
Replies: 30
Views: 16147

Haven collage

I was killing a little time, and thought I'd assemble the Haven unit artwork into a group shot just to see them all together next to each other, adjusted (on a guess) to scale. Why not? Maybe this already exists somewhere, I dunno - figured I'd share. Does the Priestess hover in the game? hard to te...
by LongDarkBlues
26 Jan 2011, 21:48
Topic: Heroes 6: ooookay?? (rant, really)
Replies: 82
Views: 30845

You mean Diablo 3, which is still not out and so you can't gauge it's level of improvement (and has also had it's art design dragged over the coals)? Starcraft 2 which has been notoriously criticized for not advancing the gameplay significantly? Regardless, your complaint is irrational because, and ...
by LongDarkBlues
26 Jan 2011, 19:18
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Panther Menace
Replies: 7
Views: 2797

Panther Menace

Awesome.
by LongDarkBlues
26 Jan 2011, 17:38

I'm simply sick of the irrationally negative complaining here, and on other Heroes sites, about this game. As far as I'm concerned, we should be thankful we're getting a new game at all - if you just want to keep playing a 2D Heroes with the same old units, go play H3 forever. If you think, as you s...
by LongDarkBlues
26 Jan 2011, 16:24

There is absolutely no whine related to Heroes 3 similarity in there Really? You didn't long for a return 2D graphics? You didn't protest changing the factions? nor any "developper" decision is discussed. Are you sure you didn't say anything about their supposedly 'flavorless' plot? Cast ...
by LongDarkBlues
26 Jan 2011, 13:15

Re: Heroes 6: ooookay?? (rant, really)

Heroes Forum Poster Recipe (from what I've gathered):

[*] Whine about how the game isn't exactly like Heroes 3
[*] Assume the absolute worst about every single decision the developers made
by LongDarkBlues
24 Jan 2011, 17:23
Topic: Heroes VI Cyclops
Replies: 23
Views: 10860

Heroes VI Cyclops

It's a 'giant having a single round eye in the middle of the forehead' and therefore, a Cyclops. Is there ANYTHING this site won't ***** about?
by LongDarkBlues
21 Jan 2011, 17:35
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 143144

That's about 1/8 of a Small map in H3. Have they published anything about map size limits in H6? Regardless, look at that map editor above - I can't see why you couldn't make a horribly designed trainwreck of a map like the image you linked to if you really wanted to.
by LongDarkBlues
21 Jan 2011, 08:10
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 143144

Lots of pretty, little stuff to interact with. Oh for chrissakes - we've been hearing this baseless complaint since H5 - I know that 3D is scary and the change of relative object size is terrifying, because GOD KNOWS the last thing the internet wants is anything that differs from H3 in any tiny way...
by LongDarkBlues
16 Jan 2011, 21:09
Topic: Is it naga faction ?
Replies: 264
Views: 107768

The totally different art style and the use of Asian characters seems rather less official. Cool, though.
by LongDarkBlues
22 Dec 2010, 15:19
Topic: Too late for Heroes 6?
Replies: 21
Views: 11856

The game doesn't come out until March at the earliest (and does anyone actually think it won't slip?) - of course there aren't any 'adds' on gaming sites. TBS games are pretty niche, PC gaming is marginalized, and this game isn't going to be out for months and months - there's never going to be a hu...
by LongDarkBlues
04 Nov 2010, 18:35
Topic: Igromir news
Replies: 74
Views: 34878

All the changes sound intriguing to me - I love the idea of being able to specialize in individual spells as an ability rather than being stuck with the random 'Summon Air Elementals' from the Guild. It opens it up for a lot of strategy, and with the game's apparent focus on smaller, specialized arm...
by LongDarkBlues
25 Oct 2010, 21:51
Topic: The Best And The Worst
Replies: 153
Views: 46145

1. Nearly the same immature art style of the creatures, stupid anime pseudo-epicness. I've seen this a few times on here (perhaps by you?) and I can't see that at all. Clash of Heroes? That's definitely anime-inspired. This? I don't even see a vague hint of anime inspiration in the art design. It a...
by LongDarkBlues
03 Sep 2010, 13:28
Topic: Your likes/dislikes in Heroes6 game design
Replies: 113
Views: 52613

Harder for GPU's then what, 3D?! Are you high?! Absolutely - GPUs from the last decade are built to render complex 3D models quickly, but there have been virtually zero changes to the way machines handle 2D animation. Besides just taking way longer to create individual frames of 2D, at high resolut...
by LongDarkBlues
02 Sep 2010, 03:29
Topic: Only 4 resources. Good or bad?
Replies: 246
Views: 83699

So ? 7 is more complicated and have a higher strategically point of view than 4. But it doesn't work that way because different factions required different amounts of different resources - so certain mines were less strategically useful to one player than another. This eliminates that unbalance. We...
by LongDarkBlues
02 Sep 2010, 03:24
Topic: Your likes/dislikes in Heroes6 game design
Replies: 113
Views: 52613

Compared to 3D? Dirt cheap. 2-3 black and white pictures don't require no motion capture nor time of modelers and texturers...and they can easily show thing the game engine cannot. No - 2D art is vastly more time-intensive to create, especially for a game of this scale, and, in high resolution, is ...
by LongDarkBlues
02 Sep 2010, 03:19
Topic: Heroes VI Wallpaper
Replies: 27
Views: 14646

Heroes VI Wallpaper

NB is short for 'Nota Bene' - Latin for 'note well,' as in 'pay special attention to' - don't they teach anything in schools these days?
by LongDarkBlues
23 Aug 2010, 22:31
Topic: Will there be a console version ?
Replies: 38
Views: 14181

Final Fantasy Tactics is downloadable for the PS3. The PS3 actually has a few TBS games - Valkyria Chronicles is stellar. Band of Bugs is on the XBLA, but it's pretty slight, and Greed Corp is fairly simple, but pretty good.
by LongDarkBlues
19 Aug 2010, 19:14
Topic: Kotaku preview
Replies: 40
Views: 27915

Man, fuck this forum. What a bunch of miserable short-sighted stuck-in-the-past whiners you are.
by LongDarkBlues
19 Aug 2010, 18:46
Topic: Kotaku preview
Replies: 40
Views: 27915

I'm pretty sure this guy has never played a HoMM game before here's why. The core change is an end to predetermined hero powers and skills. You choose your own path in Might and Magic Heroes VI. As you level, you determine the powers and skills you'll be using to dominate the competition. You can e...

Go to advanced search