Topic: Heroes VI Succubus
Replies: 13
Views: 5512

Heroes VI Succubus

How is that 'screwed up' at all? Ugh...
by LongDarkBlues
29 Jan 2011, 22:36
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes 6: ooookay?? (rant, really)
Replies: 82
Views: 30835

"This is a different game - I'm sure it will work differently. "

Regardless, this whole 'thin end of the wedge' thing is total paranoid anti-progress nonsense. It basically boils down to 'change is scary.'
by LongDarkBlues
29 Jan 2011, 22:35
Topic: Devs in the Black Hole
Replies: 44
Views: 16941

Why are you supposed to give us the answers instead of Ubisoft again ? Seriously, this is getting way too unprofessional, isn't there anyone who can tell them these things? I'd say it's pretty much the definition of professional - it's not the dev's jobs to tell people every single step of their pr...
by LongDarkBlues
28 Jan 2011, 19:10
Topic: Haven collage
Replies: 30
Views: 16143

Then your Celestial is too small... Feel free to make your own interpretation! Assuming the Celestial's figure is human-sized, I left it as that. I don't have any reason to assume the Lamasu is going to have a human-sized skull - it seems pretty Sphinx-y and has huge feet. And they said chivalry is...
by LongDarkBlues
28 Jan 2011, 19:05

there's no way to make splitting up your army be better then having it all in one place. Well, that's not much of a strategy game, now is it? Based on the info we have... they should release more info... if they don't supply it to us it's their own fault that we make decisions based on the one we d...
by LongDarkBlues
28 Jan 2011, 17:38

Yes, the only time you should complain is when it's already too late for anything to change and you have already given them your money... It's like when someone is trying to put ketchup on your sandwich, when you hate ketchup... you shouldn't say anything until you eat the sandwich and then complai...
by LongDarkBlues
28 Jan 2011, 17:17

Then why does the Lamasu's head look like it's the same size of the other's torso?! I am assuming it's a 4-tile unit, so made it's footprint about the size of the other 4-tile units. Like I said, it's just a guess. Also, I see that you missed this: Dude, instead of [img] use [img]... really helps w...
by LongDarkBlues
27 Jan 2011, 22:25

Metathron wrote:Very well done!

The blandness/sameness of the Inferno still drives me up the friggin wall, though!

They are very samey, but I think it lends them a huge-mass-of-homogeneous-evil-spilling-out-of-the-Netherworld vibe.
by LongDarkBlues
27 Jan 2011, 22:22
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Haven Island Fort
Replies: 3
Views: 1782

Haven Island Fort

I love the amount of elevation this implies
by LongDarkBlues
27 Jan 2011, 16:46

It's funny; after 6 years, Disciples 3 came out and I can not find it anywhere. 8| There's a prime example of a game revealing tons of assets and development for years that ultimately had to cannibalize itself to actually get released at all - years late and missing half it's features and with more...
by LongDarkBlues
27 Jan 2011, 16:39

You really must have trouble keeping your money if the only way to asses a product is by buying it. An informed guess from an experienced gamer should be pretty close to the real thing. Mercifully, I can also choose to wait for reviews and comments from people that aren't based in speculation but b...
by LongDarkBlues
27 Jan 2011, 15:18

But guess what? They are charging us exactly as much as Blizzard will for their Diablo 3. Then here's an easy solution: if you don't think it's worth the amount being charged, simply don't buy it. Problem solved! A) A product is sold by advertising its strong points. They haven't been able to do it...
by LongDarkBlues
27 Jan 2011, 15:16

And if you actually read carefully (or at all) you'd have noted I said ...either a RTS game or a RP game... Which is why I addressed both assertions earlier. I keep forgetting that the tree with the water around it is meant to be a city and not just a rich man's garden-feature. Would you rather a t...
by LongDarkBlues
27 Jan 2011, 15:06

Qurqirish Dragon wrote:Looks good- but I think you guessed wrong on the scale for the ghost in necro. It seems too big to me.
I was mostly basing it off the scale of their heads.
by LongDarkBlues
27 Jan 2011, 05:22

It's pure paranoia to assume this series is being transitioned to an RTS - it's nonsense for a variety of reasons I'm sure you can figure out. What is an adventure map supposed to look like? Is there only one acceptable scale of level of abstraction? Without playing the game, there's no way to gauge...
by LongDarkBlues
27 Jan 2011, 04:00

The mechanics of H6 are being changed, as far as I can see, to make it into either a RTS game or a RP game, and since I like to play TBS games I'm not in favour of those changes. Don't be ridiculous - The RPG elements are going to be about as deep as adding a bit more customization of the Hero's sk...
by LongDarkBlues
27 Jan 2011, 03:06

thanks guys - there's the other 2, just for fun.
by LongDarkBlues
27 Jan 2011, 01:40

They have, however dumped several long-standing elements in favour of some new RP elements (cutting 3 rare resources, only 4 speciality buildings per faction, and only two per town, creatures no longer affect movements speed at all, etc.) But did they do it to make the game worse, or because a grou...
by LongDarkBlues
27 Jan 2011, 00:27

Darkström wrote:Wow, I can hardly distinguish the single Inferno creatures...
Yes - they are extremely red!
by LongDarkBlues
26 Jan 2011, 22:23

Variol wrote:Really??
All the same units as H5?
Yeah = 5/7 for Haven are the same-ish. Admittedly, it's the least fluctuating faction in the Heroes series. 4/7-ish for Inferno.

Go to advanced search