Search found 74 matches

by Corbon
17 Oct 2008, 17:37
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 3 fan-made balance patch (mod) updated!
Replies: 140
Views: 132849

There's still some oddity with the Fight Value which I don't get. Air Elemental: 324 Storm Elemental: 324 Water Elemental: 315 Ice Elemental: 315 However, any even matchup of Air vs Storm should result in a Storm win, ditto for Water vs Ice. I assume that you didn't change any value in your patch. I...
by Corbon
17 Oct 2008, 15:43
Topic: HoMM III: Strongest town/faction
Replies: 39
Views: 71436

Stats-wise, Conflux simply lacks a Lv 2 and a Lv 5 unit. Stomies are among the best Lv 3's, their Lightning vulnerability hurts though, but they're immune vs Mind Spells and have no melee penalty, so in order to take them out of the game, they must be destroyed. Magmas on the other hand suck even as...
by Corbon
17 Oct 2008, 13:17
Topic: [Poll]Strongest town excluding Conflux
Replies: 73
Views: 35823

I almost always play on Hard. I consider it the standard difficulty because the AI already plays at its highest level "intelligence-wise" and the resources are almost evenly distributed, so the player's only advantage is his (superior) knowledge about the game and map. On Very Hard and Imp...
by Corbon
17 Oct 2008, 12:12

Good, but no one runs around and clears mines etc. with regular Gremlins (and Pixies for that matter). Upgrading them is on of the first things a Tower hero will do.
by Corbon
17 Oct 2008, 11:43

1) Best starting troops of all factions Trogs SUCK. Useless special ability and average to low stats throughout. To top it off they are overpriced and they'll slow down your Hags considerably. In a Lv 1 ranking they would usually be ranked last, so everything is focused on the Hags. I'd say that Ca...
by Corbon
16 Oct 2008, 20:19
Topic: HOMM3 Complete bugs
Replies: 13
Views: 8287

In this official NWC made scenario the main CPU opponent, called the "Necrolord" starts with a Necropolis that features an already built mage guild of the highest level (5) where he can gain access to the spell "Fly". Out of the total 9 level 5 spells 4 have been disabled or sim...
by Corbon
16 Oct 2008, 15:12
Topic: Fire/Air/Water/Earth Schools in HOMM3
Replies: 21
Views: 8988

It's interesting to note that every school has two important Lv 1-2 key spells which can be used by everyone and remain useful throughout the game.

Air: Haste, Lightning Bolt
Water: Bless, Cure
Fire: Blind, Curse
Earth: Slow, Shield
by Corbon
16 Oct 2008, 11:59

The lvl 5 mageguild is near useless anyhow. There are three spells which worth building it. Fly, Dim Door and Implosion. The first two would make a Castle army much too powerful That's totally contradicting...well the point of a Lv 5 spells is to get those "overpowered" spells. And there'...
by Corbon
16 Oct 2008, 11:52

True dat. I forgot that lower creatures receive a bigger bonus.
by Corbon
16 Oct 2008, 09:45
Topic: HOMM3 Complete bugs
Replies: 13
Views: 8287

1. Already visited keymaster's tent. This bug modifies the entire scenario, of course.I can pass through the gate, even I haven't visited the tent and AI can also pass. The map Knee Deep in the Dead is such a candidate. There's only one green tent, and it's on "your" side, yet the AI my p...
by Corbon
16 Oct 2008, 09:40

There's something weird about Expert Haste. Whenever I cast it, slower units will get a bigger speed bonus than faster units. For example, Master Gremlins get a +8 Speed (5 to 13), while Titans only get +5 Speed (11 to 18). Is that intended? Maybe it's affected by +Speed Artifacts.
by Corbon
16 Oct 2008, 08:46
Topic: Fire/Air/Water/Earth Schools in HOMM3
Replies: 21
Views: 8988

You can separate Water + Air and Earth + Fire by giving them an "alignment". Water and Wind can be considered "good" schools, while Earth and Fire are the "evil" schools. Water is life. It has purifying and cleaning properties. Without it, life as we know it wouldn't be...
by Corbon
14 Oct 2008, 11:03
Topic: Raising Skeleton Warriors in HoMM III
Replies: 7
Views: 2812

Just tested it, in SoD the game won't even ask you to replace, you just get a victory screen and then the game goes on normally.

Edit: Complete 4.0, English version.
by Corbon
14 Oct 2008, 11:00

Castle. Zealots are the only units you can consider sub-par within their level, but I never feel like playing without them, since having a second shooter is always nice to have. 1 Zealot is not better than 3 Marksmen though. All other units are easily within the top 4. Another Castle weakness is a m...
by Corbon
14 Oct 2008, 10:38

Dream Team Level 1: Centaur Captain Level 2: Storm Elemental Level 3: Royal Griffin Level 4: Vampire Lord Level 5: Thunderbird Level 6: Dread Knight Level 7: Phoenix In your dream team there is only one, low-level shooter which cones in small numbers, and cannot be resurrected. Plus there are no de...
by Corbon
12 Oct 2008, 11:05

Creature-wise it's Castle, overall it's Conflux. We did something similar on GameFAQs a while ago and this was my ranking, solely based on creatures, their prices, growth rate, etc. 1. Castle, 21 Points 2. Tower, 29 Points 3. Conflux, 30 Points 4. Rampart, 34 Points 5. Dungeon, 34 Points 6. Necropol...
by Corbon
12 Oct 2008, 11:03
Topic: Raising Skeleton Warriors in HoMM III
Replies: 7
Views: 2812

And if all 7 spots are occupied with neither Skeletons nor Skeleton Warriors, you'll raise nil.
by Corbon
08 Oct 2008, 22:28
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Gettysburg (1863)
Replies: 51
Views: 26990

Hm, for me the North always seemed to be physically stronger; bigger in numbers, better and more advanced equipment (Gatling gun etc). The South was maybe too reliant on Lee's (excellent) leadership. Historians argue that he would never be able to actually win the battle. So General Lee would be som...
by Corbon
07 Oct 2008, 08:21
Topic: Artifact Resale Price Fluctuation in Heroes III
Replies: 10
Views: 5219

Yeah, by the time I was already in control of the map (4+ cities and 204 Zealots with banner, was a WoG save). It would make a big difference early on though, however, you will only raise 1 Lich instead of 5 Skeletons, since a Lich has 5 times more HP. It's also possible to raise Power Liches with 7...
by Corbon
07 Oct 2008, 00:33
Topic: H3 - Game Notes - Not so known facts.
Replies: 150
Views: 65851

There is another column next to it called "AI Value" but with much testing I couldn't guess how it is used. Undead, the AI Value determines a wandering stack's "decision" to fight or flee/offer to join. I did a test run and changed the value of Gremlins to 99999 and the value of...

Go to advanced search