Search found 52 matches

by KiOwA
12 Sep 2008, 07:05
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Worst creeping faction
Replies: 50
Views: 12109

Pardon me for asking what must seem a silly question, but why is Deleb considered so overpowered?
by KiOwA
12 Sep 2008, 06:56
Topic: Whacky idea: Pick up weapon
Replies: 9
Views: 2823

Not to mention it'd be kinda hard to locate the dead Wraith without the scythe there :mad:
by KiOwA
12 Sep 2008, 06:51
Topic: Best level 7 unit
Replies: 15
Views: 9950

I like Archangels, good mix of speed and damage, durable and flying... the ability to resurrect is always a plus. Not so big on Seraphs though. Dragon Golems... oh how I miss you. Yes! Dragon Golems were one of the most fearsome lvl 4s in HIV - first strike AND negate first strike were a killer combo.
by KiOwA
12 Sep 2008, 06:47
Topic: Stuck at the end of "The Cultists" scenario. Dunge
Replies: 1
Views: 870

Did you patch your game halfway through the mission? I had something like that happen to me, only the game crashed to the desktop.
by KiOwA
12 Sep 2008, 06:45
Topic: Which Faction has the Coolest Looking Town?
Replies: 16
Views: 4099

Without a doubt, Academy. A city floating in the clouds - I think the designers pulled it off superbly.
by KiOwA
12 Sep 2008, 06:43
Topic: Which Town has the Best Background Music?
Replies: 11
Views: 2822

The orchestra solo in the middle of the Haven theme is second to none.
by KiOwA
12 Sep 2008, 06:37
Topic: HELP: H5-Ranger-The Vampire Lord
Replies: 6
Views: 2922

Which version is ur game patched to? On earlier versions there's this bug that prevents the respawning of Nicolai if you kill him BEFORE getting the phoenixes or killing the spectral dragons.
by KiOwA
09 Sep 2008, 09:04
Topic: Luck vs Morale
Views: 2180

Ofc, I hope everyone knows that having creatures from the same faction and the hero as well increases the Morale by +2, hmm? It's quite a big boost in morale compared to earlier HOMM versions, where all creatures of same alignment simply meant a +1 to morale. Makes mixing units of different faction...
by KiOwA
09 Sep 2008, 09:00
Topic: Was anybody else disappointed with the Barbarian faction?
Replies: 47
Views: 13765

If you look back to a previous post of mine, you will see I was referring to the dwarves. Because I did not mention them by name, you thought -- with good reason, since the thread is about them -- I was talking about the barbarians. About them, I definitely agree they are among the strongest factio...
by KiOwA
09 Sep 2008, 08:50
Topic: pendant of mastery
Views: 4554

konfeta wrote:He is trolling.
Wow, for 2 seconds I actually thought he might be serious... Shame on me :baby:
by KiOwA
09 Sep 2008, 08:47
Topic: Best level 2 unit
Replies: 15
Views: 6461

Blood furies simply can't be beat. They almost function like a ranged unit :-D

One thing that limits their usefulness, though, is against the AI heroes/other players. Enemy heroes have an obscene tendency to target the furies, and with their low growth you can't really replenish them very easily.
by KiOwA
07 Sep 2008, 10:16
Topic: Was anybody else disappointed with the Barbarian faction?
Replies: 47
Views: 13765

Against neutrals Orcs are arguably one of the best creepers, their blood rage ability can take a boatload of damage. Best of all it doesn't cost resources like Rune Magic. However I still find Rune Magic more powerful in the late-game, but that's just me.
by KiOwA
07 Sep 2008, 10:12
Topic: Where'd the halflings go?
Replies: 26
Views: 5888

Besides being fast, H4's Giant Mantis had the cool Bind ability:) A flying lvl-7 Treant... what's not to like? :)
by KiOwA
06 Sep 2008, 19:37
Topic: Best level 1 spell
Replies: 32
Views: 14431

Metathron wrote:Master of earthblood, you mean.
Sorry, I meant Expert Summoning. It gives you up to 8 mines, compared with a measly 2 for no expertise.
by KiOwA
06 Sep 2008, 12:57
Topic: Where'd the halflings go?
Replies: 26
Views: 5888

A halfling faction would be cool. They could be a neutral faction of trickery and thievery. Tier 1: Slinger (ranged) Tier 2: Stag Beetle Rider (melee/large) Tier 3: Serpentfly/Dragonfly (flyer) Tier 4: Swashbuckler (melee chain-fighter with reach attack) Tier 5: Satyr (melee/caster) Tier 6: Bard (r...
by KiOwA
06 Sep 2008, 12:55
Topic: Best level 1 spell
Views: 14431

Though Fire Trap and Weakness are some great one also. Weakness? Really? I think of it as the worst of the bunch, but I guess that's because I just don't like the idea of taking damage, even when it is inevitable that I will be taking damage. So it's actually not as bad as I make it out be. :) Espe...
by KiOwA
06 Sep 2008, 12:50
Topic: First Aid Tent - 3 Uses Only
Replies: 18
Views: 6972

Im with Danhvo on that one. I'll tell you guys: an aid tent with expert war machines plus aid tent skill has 800hp, and perfect ressurection. On early game, there is no chance you can take something like that down. Plus war machine users are overpowered creepers to begin with, I dont really think t...
by KiOwA
06 Sep 2008, 12:46
Topic: Worst creeping faction
Replies: 50
Views: 12109

Gating doesn't help me at all against druids for example. Pretty tough when they are blocking the way I need to go. I think druids are the worst opponents for just about every faction. Gating can still help though. Inferno units don't usually gate in fast enough early on in the game before the drui...
by KiOwA
03 Sep 2008, 18:44
Topic: Best creeping faction
Views: 12943

With tactics or +1 speed boots they can even reach shooters if properly aligned. If you place them on the fourth tile from the left, they will be able to hit one enemy stack, regardless of how many there are :) Wow that's a handy tip :-D On a side note, the AI just LOVES to target my furies. Someti...
by KiOwA
03 Sep 2008, 18:26
Topic: Best level 3 unit
Replies: 12
Views: 3585

Coulda just skipped to level 4. Arcane Archers, followed by Firehounds (god, both these mothers hurt far too much for their level). Bear Riders and Golems compete for the third slot, IMO. On one hand, bear riders rule with great specials. On the other hand, Magnetic Golems have a very useful specia...

Go to advanced search