Search found 141 matches

by John.Galt
23 Aug 2008, 17:07
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H-V Scripting Question.
Replies: 3
Views: 1815

I thought that was it, but I suck at scripting so bad I didn't want to embarass myself... lol.
by John.Galt
19 Aug 2008, 15:22
Topic: Heroes V map editor questions
Replies: 102
Views: 33362

Yeah, I wasn't sure about what to do about that. I name all regions identically to the function they trigger - do you not think that's a good idea? I saw pros and cons of doing that.

Edit: Modifying the shared properties will mess up the entire game though, no? :-/
by John.Galt
19 Aug 2008, 15:10

Sorry for so many questions at once... would there be any way to disable the guardians for a military post?
by John.Galt
19 Aug 2008, 14:47
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Cheats for TotE?
Replies: 11
Views: 3703

That was highly depressing in H3... I cried almost every time.

:-(

And who can live without the Monty Python allusions?
by John.Galt
19 Aug 2008, 14:45
Topic: Was anybody else disappointed with the Barbarian faction?
Replies: 47
Views: 13541

I really have nothing to add to the discussions of Orcs, since I play exclusivly against computers, and usually as Sylvan or Necro, but I will say that I like the green orcs. =D
by John.Galt
19 Aug 2008, 14:42
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 317
Views: 307287

I might be able to help, once I finish my own map, which the estimated release date currently is circa 2030...
by John.Galt
19 Aug 2008, 01:14

Hmmm... for some reason, that script you gave me Asheera is sending the message twice, once before and once after battle... Edit: Also, my ambush trigger isn't working function Ambush1() StartCombat(Nicholai,nil,3,92,3,92,3,92,3); end; Trigger(REGION_ENTER_AND_STOP_TRIGGER, "Ambush1","...
by John.Galt
19 Aug 2008, 01:05

Hey, thanks for that.

Anyone know why the hero trail isn't working like I mentioned earlier? This is the second time this has happened, I fixed it last time by completely uninstalling and reinstalling because there were so many errors with things.
by John.Galt
18 Aug 2008, 20:52

Yeah, but what do I type in the place of Hero and monster?

Is it the hero name/monster ID? That's what I'm confused about. Or do I just type Hero and Monster
by John.Galt
18 Aug 2008, 20:16

I think the confusion is coming in MakeHeroInteractWithObject. (Or whatever it is, I don't remember as I'm typing this) What is Hero and Monster in that command?
by John.Galt
18 Aug 2008, 05:07

Yeah, I did, sorry, it's in another section.

I'm trying to make a message appear right before I attack a creature stack, then force the hero to attack without giving him a choice.
by John.Galt
18 Aug 2008, 00:34

OK! New question: In the game options, I enabled Special hero trail, then in my map, the hero trail disappeared. I disabled special hero trail, and it's still not there. How do I fix this? Edit: Also, I used Franzy's script (For displaying a message prior to attacking a neutral creature) and I got s...
by John.Galt
18 Aug 2008, 00:20

You can Asheera, you just can't go to his inventory... :-( I gave him logistics... I might consider making it expert to speed up the game, its really slow now. Edit: If that doesn't make it clear: you don't have to have a primary skill, you have to have a skill GOW, that worked, Thanks to both of yo...
by John.Galt
17 Aug 2008, 23:30
Topic: Fan-made maps
Replies: 2
Views: 995

you're probably not looking at multiplayer maps. There's an option at the top of the map list in the actual game, that says Show Multiplayer Maps. Check that, and see if that shows you the maps.
by John.Galt
17 Aug 2008, 22:52
Topic: The Haven Skill Options Kind of Lame
Replies: 23
Views: 4558

Elvin wrote:I do if it gets only one shot before it can imbue. Of course it all depends how early you plan to do that.
You have to get Swift Mind (Easy as Ranger, unlike most races) so that your hero acts before the ballista.
by John.Galt
17 Aug 2008, 20:17
Topic: Local Network Multiplayer Issues
Replies: 1
Views: 824

I guess no one has encountered this?
by John.Galt
17 Aug 2008, 20:16

No, the hero doesn't stop taking turns with it. Imbue arrow/rain of arrows continues to work, so if you're good at planning favored enemies, it can be as many as 6 casts per round. And like he said, druids take care of spellpower, 60 druids boost spellpower by 24, capped to knowledge, and knowledge ...
by John.Galt
17 Aug 2008, 19:19

I have only one question. How can anyone's ballista compare to imbue/tripple/burning arrows? Throw in destructive/channeling/enlightenment/rain of arrows and your hero and ballista together can be doing 20k/turn easy. Imbuing chain lightning or meteor shower is just ridiculous. Easily 2-3x the damag...
by John.Galt
17 Aug 2008, 18:59

I do, but it's set to none. I don't want him to have any primary skill, or any anything really. Is that not possible? His stats are 0/0/0/0 and he has no primary skill. Edit: Also, this may be a dumb, dumb question, but how do I make an underground? I managed to do it once by clicking "lower&qu...
by John.Galt
17 Aug 2008, 14:43

OK... whenever I open my hero's skills in the actual game to check and made sure he has nothing, the game crashes. I'm assuming its a problem with something I did, but has someone encountered this problem and can help me with it?

Go to advanced search