Search found 141 matches

by John.Galt
04 Oct 2008, 18:08
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: What is your favorite map type?
Replies: 16
Views: 5191

Don't take offense GOW, I was just joking. I was referring to shadow dreams. I didn't know you had written another one. I didn't mean castle as in Haven, I meant it as in any town that gives you creatures. :-P In the map I'm making, you never get a town, lol. Or at least that's the plan, I'm only ab...
by John.Galt
04 Oct 2008, 18:04
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V map editor questions
Replies: 102
Views: 33606

Is there a way to prevent a hero from getting a specific skill?

For example, I'm strictly controlling the troops the hero can have, but he is a ranger, so I want to prevent him from getting Battle Commander, which would give him war dancers every week.
by John.Galt
04 Oct 2008, 16:12
Topic: What is your favorite map type?
Replies: 16
Views: 5191

Story maps... Give me Timothy Duncan's Goldheart or the Pride series both from H3 any day. I have yet to find any map that comes to the level of Goldheart, although some approach the Pride series, which is a far distant second. Any recommendations? GOW - don't put ANOTHER plug in for your map :-P I ...
by John.Galt
04 Oct 2008, 16:07
Topic: What are you looking for in a map?
Replies: 7
Views: 2811

It sounds from their comments that you're talking about multiplayer, not singleplayer, but I'll give both. Multi: 1. Very Rich Map (:-P To Asheera) I like big battles with lots of troops 2. Memory Mentor for every faction - if you can't get the build you want, it frequently can ruin the game, and th...
by John.Galt
02 Oct 2008, 22:43
Topic: Sylvan Strategy Thread
Views: 36049

Btw a destructive/warmachine combo can also be deadly if you can keep the high druids alive. Truer words have never been spoken. I have never seen a more rigged skill combination than Imbue ballista triple ballista and destructive magic. If you're lucky enough to get war machines, (Usually about 75...
by John.Galt
02 Oct 2008, 22:27
Topic: Wishlist For Future Heroes Games: Skill System
Replies: 38
Views: 9503

Heroes should be off the map and have no attack like in H3, or on the map and have an attack, like in H4. I personally prefer the latter. Unkillable heroes are just as dumb as massive armies falling to a small number of stalkers. Also, in the tavern, heroes should not start with troops - they should...
by John.Galt
29 Sep 2008, 02:33
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V map editor questions
Views: 33606

Hey, Question:

Is there any way to make a script function that would ask a riddle for example, that the player would have to answer? I have no idea if this is even possible, let alone how to do it.
by John.Galt
24 Sep 2008, 02:13
Topic: deep freeze not in spell tower very often?
Replies: 4
Views: 2206

Not having bothered testing this, it seems as though you're right, but it could just be the placebo effect... probably is actually.
by John.Galt
23 Sep 2008, 22:34
Topic: True beginner seeks instruction
Replies: 30
Views: 9165

Your hero's job is to run around the map collecting resources, dwellings, and other cool stuff. The ultimate goal of collecting this stuff is using it to buy creature that can blow other stuff up (Namely enemy creatures) and collect more things to buy more creatures. Wash, rinse, repeat. This game i...
by John.Galt
21 Sep 2008, 14:41
Topic: Sylvan town graphics problem
Replies: 9
Views: 2554

Hmmm... no clue. Do you have a good enough graphics card?

Also, did you buy TotE standalone or the entire set?
by John.Galt
20 Sep 2008, 17:12
Topic: Best level 4 unit
Replies: 83
Views: 16609

Chain lightning will only hit your guys if all of theirs are dead pretty much Asheera... and if all of theirs are dead, you're either facing a large army, and you suffered less casualties than normal, or a small army, and you didn't need to use it because you could already kill them without any casu...
by John.Galt
19 Sep 2008, 17:34

Chain lightning is one of the best for Sylvan - Imbuing implosion deals so much damage that a lot of it is wasted - chain lightning destroys their entire army.
by John.Galt
19 Sep 2008, 14:33

Metathron wrote: I think chain lightning is one of the worst spells relative to level.
I hate it when you people hate on destructive magic :-(.

Chain lightning is my favorite spell - channeling, imbue arrow, rain of arrows = 6k aoe damage. =D
by John.Galt
18 Sep 2008, 14:15
Topic: Shadow dragon, 3000HP
Replies: 20
Views: 7253

Asheera, a map defiantly can do that... I've done it fooling around making my own map. I changed a hero's icon to Giovanni's, and suddenly in my normal game, Giovanni was running around everywhere killing my d00ds. I got very angry. Don't you have to create a special folder in the maps so you don't ...
by John.Galt
16 Sep 2008, 21:15
Topic: Instant Travel - Useless?
Replies: 17
Views: 5444

Konfeta 2012^^^^^^^
by John.Galt
15 Sep 2008, 19:53
Topic: HOMIII Complete (not Wake of the Gods) vs. TOTE
Replies: 23
Views: 8478

I'm so confused... why are there three threads with this name...
by John.Galt
13 Sep 2008, 03:28
Topic: Heroes TOTE Question
Replies: 8
Views: 2771

"Why are all my friends sleeping?"
by John.Galt
11 Sep 2008, 23:28

Sigh... if only all tiers of creature were as balanced as tier 4... then we wouldn't have things like Arcane Archers.
by John.Galt
11 Sep 2008, 14:17
Topic: HELP: H5-Ranger-The Vampire Lord
Replies: 6
Views: 2918

Pray.
by John.Galt
09 Sep 2008, 23:52
Topic: Was anybody else disappointed with the Barbarian faction?
Replies: 47
Views: 13740

Yeah... that's what I was thinking, I just preferred to make the point about how knights have NO special abilities, and it sucks. Training isn't even unique really...

Go to advanced search