Search found 1197 matches

by Marzhin
26 Sep 2015, 19:09
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: The Lost Tales of Axeoth
Replies: 50
Views: 36162

Re: The Lost Tales of Axeoth

Avonu wrote:Oh, and is this island on the bottom-left Devonshire from Gathering Storm?
I don't know, but I don't think so. It doesn't look at all like the coast of Lodwar (the continent where TGS takes place).

by Marzhin
26 Sep 2015, 09:52
Topic: The Lost Tales of Axeoth
Replies: 50
Views: 36162

The Lost Tales of Axeoth

https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0004/prod/images/150911_Lost_Tales/Logo.png Hi everyone, As you may know, later this year we'll be releasing the first of two free campaigns for Heroes VII. Known collectively as the Lost Tales of Axeoth , these campaigns ( Unity and Every Dog Has His Day ) are base...
by Marzhin
12 Sep 2015, 23:09
Topic: Map Editor
Replies: 42
Views: 62395

Re: Map Editor

There is one thing that I don't think is very userfriendly, though. When you had to write heroes bios you had to import it, rather than just being able to double click the desired hero and be able to edit the hero's bio that way. It was very easy to do so in Heroes 4, but this new way just seems li...
by Marzhin
09 Sep 2015, 10:10

Will there be a scripting language to use in the map editor like H5 had? In H5 it was LUA, if there is one in H7, which language was used? You don't have to actually type your scripts in H7, all can be done through the Script Tool (choosing functions from a list, setting up parameters with drop-dow...
by Marzhin
08 Sep 2015, 22:30
Topic: The Beta: Impressions
Replies: 106
Views: 69520

Re: The Beta: Impressions

- There are plans to release Heroes figurines - IIRC we should see Sandro and Akasha (a naga from H6). Erwan and Ubi-Nox didn't remember details or price but they said about ~15 Euro. More like 150 euros ^^' Actually there were prototypes for Sandro and Akasha statues, but they would be too costly ...
by Marzhin
08 Sep 2015, 19:20
Topic: A big warning for people using crossfire setup for H7
Replies: 8
Views: 5534

Re: A big warning for people using crossfire setup for H7

But neither Epic nor Crossfire/SLI people are responsible for MMH7. Ubisoft is. If MMH7 player (read: Ubisoft client) has a problem with overheating and low performance, pointing to Epic is not the best of moves. Don't worry, I already forwarded the info about the overheating to Limbic, so they can...
by Marzhin
07 Sep 2015, 18:38

OMG!!! 8| It seems I was a student when I first heard about SLI and Crossfire. I am old and cranky now, planning my retirement, and Heroes still can not use those techs. How lame is that?!! 8| What is truly strange is that Unreal, which is *the* 3D engine par excellence , doesn't support it. Accord...
by Marzhin
05 Sep 2015, 21:41

I'll pass the message to the techies of the team :)
by Marzhin
05 Sep 2015, 16:04

We don’t support Crossfire or SLI because Unreal doesn’t. Unreal optimizes a lot by use the result of the previous frame, which is great for single GPU. But doing this prevent the SLI (because the previous frame might be not of the same core). It’s purely technical and actually UE4 doesn’t support i...
by Marzhin
05 Sep 2015, 11:47

I'll be showcasing the map editor on Twitch next Tuesday, at 6PM CEST, if you want to see it "in action" :)

Since this twitch will be doubling as a celebration of Heroes' 20th anniversary, there will also be some surprises and announcements. :D
by Marzhin
26 Aug 2015, 16:58
Forum: News
Topic: We're Making Progress!
Replies: 7
Views: 6181

Re: We're Making Progress!

I can probably scavenge some more "generic" stuff, like background textures, etc. In any case, don't hesitate to drop me a message if the need arises and I'll see what I can find :)
by Marzhin
26 Aug 2015, 14:48
Topic: We're Making Progress!
Replies: 7
Views: 6181

Re: We're Making Progress!

I had not come to CH in a while, so it was quite a shock to discover this new incarnation of the site ^^
Let me know if you need some M&M art, textures and the like, to help you redecorate the new house :)
by Marzhin
14 Jul 2015, 12:38
Forum: Articles
Topic: CH Interview Karin Mushegain
Replies: 11
Views: 6048

Karin Mushegain Interview

She sings on Heroes II, Heroes IV, Heroes V, and now Heroes VII :)
by Marzhin
13 Jul 2015, 23:23
Forum: Articles
Topic: CH Interview Karin Mushegain
Replies: 11
Views: 6048

Karin Mushegain Interview

Cool interview :) I'm very happy Karin was able to return for Heroes VII. Paul also tried to get Dean Elzinga (the male opera singer on past Heroes) but sadly his schedule was too busy.
by Marzhin
21 Feb 2015, 14:55
Topic: Sir Mullich Interview
Replies: 4
Views: 3564

Sir Mullich Interview

David is really a great guy.

We almost had JVC as well, but unfortunately while he had initially agreed to do an interview about H3 in the end he didn't have the time.

I hope we can get him to have a look at H7 though :)
by Marzhin
04 Nov 2014, 15:58
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Ashan Timeline
Replies: 3
Views: 2455

Ashan Timeline

It's a glitch of the official timeline. You'll notice the text actually says they "found the city of Karthal", not that they "founded" it. That's because the "found" of the timeline text is actually the verb "to find", not the verb "to found". During...
by Marzhin
10 Oct 2014, 10:28
Topic: H7: Tales of the Ten Years War - Part 4.
Replies: 4
Views: 3482

H7: Tales of the Ten Years War - Part 4.

Fantasy knights fighting each other and making alliances along the way is what you call "heavy on the politics"? ^^ "And why are they discussing unicorn reinforcements when everyone knows unicorns were voted off the face of the planet and replaced with cosmic antelope." Because w...
by Marzhin
24 Sep 2014, 21:13
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Something strange about the Heroes II campaign
Replies: 6
Views: 4842

Maybe it's simply a tradition Morglin "imported" from his home world.
by Marzhin
09 Sep 2014, 15:58
Forum: Campfire
Topic: What are you currently reading?
Replies: 618
Views: 200144

I finished the Witcher books. I'm currently reading all novels and short stories from Catherine Lucille Moore, one of the first women to write SF and fantasy (Northwest Smith, Jirel of Joiry, etc.)
Oldies but goodies :)
by Marzhin
05 Sep 2014, 18:58
Topic: Rob & Paul Interview
Replies: 14
Views: 6362

Rob & Paul Interview

The only thing I know is that Rob & Paul own all rights to Heroes and Might & Magic music written before H5.

Go to advanced search