Search found 1197 matches

by Marzhin
29 Aug 2022, 17:58
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Ashan Games and Maps Chronology
Replies: 9
Views: 33102

Re: Ashan Games and Maps Chronology

Tear of the Old One (H7 TbF Scenario) takes place shortly before Gumption and a Sharp Mind (H7 Trial By Fire - Fortress Tale 4).
by Marzhin
10 Apr 2022, 11:21
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Digital Insight Games —JVC's new company
Replies: 5
Views: 4339

Digital Insight Games —JVC's new company

Hey everyone! Long time since I visited Celestial Heavens. I hope everyone is doing well. Came across this: https://digitalinsightgames.com/home/press-release/ Looks like JVC is back with a new company, Digital Insight Games, to produce "blockchain-based games". Can't say I'm too excited, ...
by Marzhin
27 Mar 2021, 12:53
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 317
Views: 310751

Re: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Thanks Quantomas, and everyone who has kept this project alive along the years :)
by Marzhin
28 Feb 2020, 09:23
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Freespace 2
Replies: 1
Views: 3192

Re: Freespace 2

My favorite space sim. I wish they'd do a Freespace 3 to continue the story, but it's unlikely as Volition is now a very different company (and I'm not even sure they still have the rights for Freespace anyway).
by Marzhin
25 Feb 2020, 11:53
Forum: Campfire
Topic: HoMM Orchestra
Replies: 15
Views: 14179

Re: HoMM Orchestra

Hi there, I thought I'd drop by just in case... As you may know there will be two live concerts of HOMM music today in Poland, with Paul Romero himself. And there's the good news: both concerts will be live streamed :) 5PM Concert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VzzCBQb9IY 8PM Concert: https://www...
by Marzhin
24 Jun 2019, 06:25
Forum: News
Topic: One in, One out
Replies: 3
Views: 4198

Re: One in, One out

Thanks for the kind words :)
by Marzhin
14 Feb 2019, 15:44
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 317
Views: 310751

Re: Book 3 of Heroes V: Legends of the Ancients - Release

Dear CH Community, The Legend of the Ancients (LotA) team is proud to present Book 3 of HOMM5: LotA. Wow ! This is incredible. Congratulations to the team, and thank you for picking up the torch. I'm downloading now, it will be strange (and exciting!) to play a chapter of LotA for which I didn't do...
by Marzhin
01 Jan 2019, 20:23
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might and Magic mods, projects and stuff (updated)
Replies: 74
Views: 224778

Re: Might and Magic mods, projects and stuff (updated)

Part 2 of the interview is online, it's a bit more focused on lore and Heroes.
by Marzhin
20 Dec 2018, 13:12
Topic: Heroes V - The Long Tale of Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 6
Views: 5245

Re: Heroes V - The Long Tale of Legends of the Ancients

It's truly amazing and humbling to see people willing to pick up the torch and continue this project. Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart. I wish I had the time to help.
by Marzhin
18 Dec 2018, 08:44
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might and Magic mods, projects and stuff (updated)
Replies: 74
Views: 224778

Re: Might and Magic mods, projects and stuff (updated)

Hi everyone, Not sure if it's the right place to post this. A few months ago I was interviewed by a Russian fan community about Might & Magic, and a few questions revolved around what Might & Magic XI could have been, had it been done. I also talk a bit about the scrapped add-on for MMXL. Th...
by Marzhin
22 Apr 2018, 15:58
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: George Almond's art
Views: 7763

George Almond's art

Hey everyone. It's been a while. George Almond, one of the artists who worked on Heroes III and IV (notably creating most of the characters' portraits), is currently uploading many sketches and artwork to his ArtStation page: https://www.artstation.com/universalexport This includes some rarely-seen ...
by Marzhin
12 Feb 2018, 15:48
Topic: Shutdown of Might & Magic: Showdown
Replies: 15
Views: 10321

Re: Shutdown of Might & Magic: Showdown

That little disclaimer on Crag Hack's entry does at least indicate the possibility that some of the whole lack of "lore" thing was intentional. To give some context, they were meant to be parodies of D&D modules, to stay consistent with the whole "play with miniatures" angle...
by Marzhin
08 Nov 2017, 16:24
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: H7: Conflux
Views: 6424

Re: H7: Conflux

Wow, that looks pretty cool.
by Marzhin
24 Jan 2017, 15:06
Topic: Marzhin Moving On
Replies: 45
Views: 26393

Re: Marzhin Moving On

What do you think about that thing called "Might & Magic Showdown?" I haven't worked on it, so I don't know much more than you guys. It sounds like an intriguing concept, and I can see why they made the connection between Might & Magic and painting fantasy miniatures, but I haven'...
by Marzhin
24 Jan 2017, 14:59
Forum: Articles
Topic: Interview with Rob King
Replies: 4
Views: 5175

Re: Interview with Rob King

Thanks for the kind words, Rob :)
(I was a designer and not a producer, though ^^)
by Marzhin
20 Jan 2017, 10:28

Slight derail: Marzhin, have you played the game Crowntakers (available on Steam and mobile devices)? It was a small indie game without much budget for content and balancing, but in terms of art style and tightness of design it hit on a lot of what I wished to see in Heroes. I didn't know it but th...
by Marzhin
09 Jan 2017, 10:27

I assume you mean mock-ups of the landscape. May I ask what tools you use for this? Photoshop (back when I had a licence for it), or even simply PowerPoint. If someone wants to take over Legends of the Ancients and finish it, they have my blessing. As I said, the whole story has been available for ...
by Marzhin
19 Dec 2016, 10:11

Karmakeld wrote:So when you say campaign scripts, I assume it includes landscape description, dialogues, map objectives etc. (similar to the way Terry Ray wrote campaign scripts)??
Yes, and a lot of drawings and mock-ups as well.
by Marzhin
13 Dec 2016, 16:46

May I ask which two main game campaigns scripts you worked on? I wrote Stronghold and Sylvan, and the general synopsis of Dungeon (although not the actual scriptwriting for that one). I also wrote the campaigns of Trial by Fire (based on and expanded upon my story pitch had Fortress been voted for ...
by Marzhin
02 Dec 2016, 13:59

Marzhin, on a side note (rather off-topic), I lost the name of the app/page thing in which you made that Map you posted on the MM Blog months ago (with the name of towns, pictures etc.), and I cannot recall the name of the thing anymore. Could you please refresh my mind? :D It was called Mashupforg...

Go to advanced search