Search found 85 matches

by val-gaav
23 May 2006, 10:23
Forum: Articles
Topic: Spin the Skill Wheel
Replies: 363
Views: 120360

Skill Wheel

Hmmm ... why a downloadable version is an exe file ????? and xls ???? You know people use somthing beside windows and exe and xls are WINDOWS formats ... What are about to do Mac or GNU/Linux users ? Plese think about users of other OS when putting content on a web page So my suggestion is to put ei...
by val-gaav
19 May 2006, 10:10
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Queen Walkthrough
Replies: 20
Views: 7799

The Queen → The Queen

"Players who feel uncomfortable with the new camera can keep it facing North and move around like in the previous Heroes game." In this scenario yes ... but it's impossible to move and take objects in underground without vhanging camera view . Also even on surface there are maps (even in d...
by val-gaav
16 May 2006, 08:56
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: What should the 1st patch include?
Replies: 107
Views: 26286

Not in the beta, in the leaked pre-beta. (linky) Hehh ... as i watch this screen and remembered about this alpha version ... What would make me buy the game ? Simple : In alpha version there was one fixed bird view on adv map .... Things on map like monsters buildings etc had good proportions . I d...
by val-gaav
26 Apr 2006, 11:25
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: HMM Tournament Edition
Replies: 22
Views: 20512

So I guess the only problem is game mechanics and becouse it'sdifficult to do ????

BTW : Most MP games take part on 2 player maps only .... So the 8 player thing is also not a big problem ...
by val-gaav
25 Apr 2006, 20:01

I do not see problem with "simultanous fights" ... One player fights somewhere , another fights somewhere ... At start all players begin at day one ... The turn is ended when both press hourglass .... If they can reach each other the game turns into normal mode ... Red player has day 5 the...
by val-gaav
21 Apr 2006, 10:17

Suppose no hero can reach enemy, but two heroes can reach a valuable object between them. Ah? Good point ... but objects (or rather entrance to it) is always one hex ... so just make a one hex reserve Also we need verification of this condition (nobody reaches enemy) after every step of every hero....
by val-gaav
17 Apr 2006, 17:51
Topic: Hero specializations in H5
Views: 7690

I voted "I would prefer if there wouldn't be any hero specializations" easier to balnce ... still many heroes would be unique becouse many of them start with a second skill beside the racial skill like "gating" ... It would be diffrent if u played with demon lord that starts with...
by val-gaav
17 Apr 2006, 17:37

The only reason i don't play more homm3 and that TE can't solve is the possibility of your opponents to watch save games on other computer :( Then how about giving 2 paasswords for save ??? One for one player ,another for second player ... If anybody wanted to load the 2 player game it would work o...
by val-gaav
25 Mar 2006, 09:59

Re: TM1

Well .... firstly I'm going to say that I'm impressed :) Thanx to your patch diplomacy and h&r are out of the game ... also the problem with scrools on random maps is solved ... It's just great !!! but now I'll have to criticise wog te a bit :( Most online players do not want to play wog ... the...
by val-gaav
26 Feb 2006, 14:06
Topic: Ubi and Copy Protection
Replies: 225
Views: 68864

. Most of the code could be converted right away - certainly all of the technical stuff (graphics, music, controls and low level networking code etc.).. Well u forgot about optimalisation ... and that's what this game really needs ... ask any beta tester and he will confirm that the game needs it.....
by val-gaav
26 Feb 2006, 13:26

I wonder where your assumption ("... not much later") comes from. I should think that such a delayed porting process would lead to either significant delays (because of the necessary betatest) or a bug-plagued game (because there wouldn't be time for a betatest). Well ... it's the fastest...
by val-gaav
26 Feb 2006, 09:52

I wonder if the Mac version will be released much later than the PC version. It'd be cool if the game was a hybrid like WarCraft III, but no such luck for Mac users. Well the thing is that mac port team will start working when the code of h5 is gold ... that means that mac version will be realesed ...
by val-gaav
23 Feb 2006, 21:09

What Scorch is reading … Boycott Windows! :thinking: http://www.open.org/~hodge/Emoticons/Dragons/dragon_baby_reading.gif Smart baby dragons know how to avoid danger when it is near. A little edit from me :) SF means no emulation under Linux ... and there will be no Linux version so I guess that : ...
by val-gaav
10 Feb 2006, 00:20
Topic: Problems with overheating of graphic card!!!!!
Replies: 37
Views: 15386

WARNING CONSPIRACY THEORIST AT WORK! Its starforce I tell you!That heathen devil of a program disables your cooler in order to force you to buy a radeon card,because that way starforce will get a share of the profits!Ban starforce now! LOL ... That's almost the same I posted to reply thi topic on u...
by val-gaav
09 Feb 2006, 10:25
Topic: Heroes on battlefield
Replies: 109
Views: 37164

but the ppl that cant imagine such solutions just say "no that isnt the heroes feeling" ;| Actually I can imagine many solutions, and many of them could work. I just don't want them in this game. As I said I hated the idea from the very begining. And it's not that i hate active heros . I ...
by val-gaav
09 Feb 2006, 00:26
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H3: Mac vs pc multiplayer?
Replies: 1
Views: 2706

Re: H3: Mac vs pc multiplayer?

Does anyone know if you can play a mac vs pc tcp/ip game? I know :) It's impossible if u are using windows on your PC ... Windows version of h3 uses directplay for conection and since mac verxion does not have it it's impossible ................. If u want play MAc vs PC u should try running Linux ...
by val-gaav
08 Feb 2006, 13:13

Not all, there are some other things too :) (like creature stacks for egzample) ... but .. it's just that without it HoMM is no longer HoMM ... SO yes it's important not to change it ...

And there is a lot TBS that has active hero (disciples, AoW)... here HoMM was special with this aspect .
by val-gaav
08 Feb 2006, 10:08
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM III on Linux?
Replies: 10
Views: 7300

Well wine does not support cd checking .... heroes no cd crack helps here ...

It's also a good idea to check in winecfg the system version to win98 ... It's more compatibile with this settings.
by val-gaav
08 Feb 2006, 02:18

Heroes in combat are a reason for me not to buy this game ... simple (so it's good that h4 horror is not part og h5:) ) When I heard that in h4 heroes will be active I wasn't happy ... Yes I wasn't happy even before I played it. I like the initiative and the fact that hero has it's own speed in h5 ....
by val-gaav
07 Feb 2006, 15:22
Topic: Anyone get the demo to work in Linux?
Replies: 7
Views: 4871

So could u please post there to bring that tpic up :):)

Go to advanced search