Search found 897 matches

by Macros the Black
12 Jun 2008, 02:18
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Luck and Attack
Replies: 24
Views: 12625

Might as well add my own two cents. I agree with the people who are saying that Luck and Attack are balanced. Luck may have more damage potential, but alot of it gets wasted because you don't usually attack a stack with your unit unless you know that you can decrease the stack's numbers enough so th...
by Macros the Black
07 Jun 2008, 00:16
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Map tester needed please.
Replies: 3
Views: 1941

Sounds very interesting, unfortunately I'm busy playing other maps now :D

Wasn't there a King Arthur kinda map in H3, btw? I seem to recall there being one :)
Or it might have been a map I downloaded.
by Macros the Black
06 Jun 2008, 23:51
Topic: Battle Mages and other useless troops...
Replies: 31
Views: 14204

@Macros Please, master gremlins are there to resurrect golems ;) Rather effectively I might add. Eh.. Never noticed them resurrecting many golems. Besides, Steel Golems are just there as a tank, Magnetic Golems have different purposes but they're still not really a very important creature in your a...
by Macros the Black
05 Jun 2008, 20:53

@Macros I agree that Stormcaller is better than Call Lightning, but the damage it does is meagre and I would never think of sacrificing my titans' turn to use it. Come to think of it, if I were the opponent (i.e. the one with the tight formation), I wouldn't bother to split my units up, unless they...
by Macros the Black
05 Jun 2008, 16:39

Someone should write a guide about alternative upgrades. Some upgrade choices I don't really get: Master Gremlins v. Gremlin Saboteurs: First off, the Saboteurs' statistics are alot better (more attack, defense AND initiative 8| ) and their ability is a whole lot more useful. Masters can repair cata...
by Macros the Black
30 May 2008, 19:27
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: The Secret of the Inner Sanctum
Replies: 15
Views: 6481

Avonu wrote:I don't think that 3D is acctualy "parametr" for me that decide about replaing this game - more are skills from MM6-8, equpment screen and personally Arcomage (or similar game) in Taverns. And of course auto (and mini) map.
Yeah, I wouldn't call MM6-8 3D either, and I still play them.
by Macros the Black
30 May 2008, 19:11
Topic: Favorite overall faction across all heroes game?
Replies: 62
Views: 22099

To me, it just smelled: We don't have the time, funding or resources to add an Inferno town so let's just take the creatures we have for undead and inferno and merge them together. Heh, I always thought it was because they couldn't think up how the inferno would fit with the "Life v. Death / O...
by Macros the Black
29 May 2008, 23:00
Topic: the boots of levitation
Replies: 3
Views: 2197

It would help if you said what map you're playing :)
by Macros the Black
29 May 2008, 20:42

You thought Sorceress castle sucked in HoMM2? I don't know, I always liked their fast shooters and pheonixes. Hmm, that's true. Thing is, I just never really felt like playing them. I know they're good, but my "favorite faction" isn't only based on how good they are - it's based on how mu...
by Macros the Black
29 May 2008, 20:06
Topic: H4: Favourite town music score
Replies: 22
Views: 9871

This is two seperate competitions for me..; How much does the theme fit with the towns? [From least to best fitting] 6. Stronghold: How it fits Barbarians, I don't have a clue. It's just a really generic song that doesn't stand out and doesn't give any feeling whatsoever. Maybe it fits with the thou...
by Macros the Black
29 May 2008, 18:38
Topic: Goblin Evolution
Replies: 43
Views: 16969

Never liked the Goblins until HoMM V. So for me it's a choice between: - Sniveling, rat-like, cowardly goblin with a hooked sword and a head that's too big - That same guy, but then with chains, bandages and plants on it's head that's still too big. - Or one with a mask and a wig, and a tamburin (or...
by Macros the Black
29 May 2008, 16:41

Woo, that's a hard descision.. Knight/Castle/Haven: I always liked the fact that these are well balanced. Don't usually care much about humans in a fantasy game, but I gotta say they were always well-done (except in HoMM IV where they had the gay pink colorscheme..). In Heroes V, they are definately...
by Macros the Black
29 May 2008, 14:39
Topic: Advice for long game without puppet master
Replies: 1
Views: 1449

Obviously Stronghold. One of the opponents is Stronghold as well, which means you get an extra town of your own faction once you beat them, and Stronghold is really good against Dungeon. Dungeon focusses on Spellpower and Attack, but with Might Over Magic and Shatter Destruction (maybe also Shatter ...
by Macros the Black
28 May 2008, 11:49
Topic: Hidden Treasure
Replies: 32
Views: 50724

But your best bet is to hire a Gate Master before you go to the Shrine of the Gods, to ensure your party can get safely back to any town with a Fountain. *Smacks himself on the head* I've been using that shrine & NWC dungeon for maybe half of my MM6 games and it never occured to me I should hir...
by Macros the Black
26 May 2008, 19:40
Topic: The Secret of the Inner Sanctum
Replies: 15
Views: 6481

You could probably find them for free, too. And I wouldn't call that stealing, because I only care about the companies that make the games, and the company that made these games doesn't exist anymore. Never played MM1. Actually, never played 1-5, or King's Bounty. Played all the games from H1 onward...
by Macros the Black
26 May 2008, 19:37
Topic: MM8: Who to ally with?
Replies: 8
Views: 7512

I'd choose the Necro's, because I think destroying the Skeleton Transformer is a silly quest ^^
by Macros the Black
26 May 2008, 19:03
Topic: Some Questions
Replies: 7
Views: 3130

Ahh, now I see. That's probably what made me mix up protection with resistance in the first place xD But that would make it far too easy to get fire immunity imo. Fire Resistance perk + Shield of Crystal Ice + Armageddon would be way too good and easy to achieve :/ And since Elemental Gargoyles work...
by Macros the Black
26 May 2008, 01:34
Topic: Might and Magic 8 music problem!
Replies: 8
Views: 7641

This might be a silly question but did you have the disc in when you played?
by Macros the Black
26 May 2008, 01:32
Topic: MM music
Replies: 10
Views: 3965

Sure :)

Personally, I think the music in MMVI is one the best soundtracks ever. Really draws you into the game..
by Macros the Black
25 May 2008, 23:07
Topic: MM History question
Replies: 349
Views: 176357

Heroes of MM 1 introduced the land of Enroth. There is speculation if this could be the same world as MM1 (some characters are the same - Lord Ironfist, Lord Kilburn -, there is a place called Tomb of Varn in Enroth, etc) I HoMM1 Lord Ironfist becomes King of Enroth. Heroes of MM 2 takes place a ge...

Go to advanced search