Search found 860 matches

by Macros the Black
May 26 2008, 1:34
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might and Magic 8 music problem!
Replies: 8
Views: 5216

This might be a silly question but did you have the disc in when you played?
by Macros the Black
May 26 2008, 1:32
Topic: MM music
Replies: 10
Views: 2238

Sure :)

Personally, I think the music in MMVI is one the best soundtracks ever. Really draws you into the game..
by Macros the Black
May 25 2008, 23:07
Topic: MM History question
Replies: 349
Views: 131251

Heroes of MM 1 introduced the land of Enroth. There is speculation if this could be the same world as MM1 (some characters are the same - Lord Ironfist, Lord Kilburn -, there is a place called Tomb of Varn in Enroth, etc) I HoMM1 Lord Ironfist becomes King of Enroth. Heroes of MM 2 takes place a ge...
by Macros the Black
May 25 2008, 23:00
Topic: MM music
Replies: 10
Views: 2238

Also, if you need MM 6 music, send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you the files :)
by Macros the Black
May 25 2008, 22:57
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Tribes of the East: Campaign 3 mission 2
Replies: 3
Views: 3307

You have to walk into the water at the landing at the South end of the island in the NE corner of the map and use the Vessel of Shalshalla (sp?) spell to call a boat. Yeah, and when he says "walk into the water", that really means walk into the water. You have to walk in as far as you can...
by Macros the Black
May 25 2008, 22:49
Topic: Some Questions
Replies: 7
Views: 2230

Sylph999 is right. Marcos the Black, if you look at the second sentence of the 1st question then you will see that you kind of answered your own question. But you got the last part of question 1 wrong. Resistence items (perks, spells, etc,) will give a chance to ignore the spell all together. Prote...
by Macros the Black
May 23 2008, 23:01
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: hydra evolution
Replies: 85
Views: 25973

H1 hydra, no doubt about it. It shoulda been called the Blues Hydra :D
by Macros the Black
May 23 2008, 22:07
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Air Elemental Evolution
Replies: 35
Views: 15638

I went for H5, they all look horrible, but at least the H5 one is kinda goofy.
by Macros the Black
May 23 2008, 21:58
Topic: Heroes 5 TOE Mission Help
Replies: 12
Views: 4643

Heh..

Warning: Ornella, along with the 3 Necromancers, will be killed in the ritual. I kind of hated that, because I had been training Ornella and the other guy was really weak for me :(
by Macros the Black
May 23 2008, 15:49

Re: Some Questions

Fire Resistance decreases damage, the others give a chance for the spell to fail. Oops, I was thinking it was the other way around ;| I guess the word "protection" makes me think of someone actually preventing the spell from striking, and "resistance" makes me think of the creat...
by Macros the Black
May 23 2008, 15:44
Topic: Should Aramageedon be removed in Heroes 6?
Replies: 14
Views: 3975

Don't forget about the Dwarves - they have 3 Fire-immune units (one of Rune Priest upgrades, one of Thane upgrades and their Dragons), 3 units that don't lose armor to Master of Fire even though taking damage from Fire spells, rune of Elemental Immunity that gives Fire immunity 50% of the time plus...
by Macros the Black
May 23 2008, 0:52
Topic: Best level 5 spell
Replies: 53
Views: 12551

My list would have to be, in order of best to least: 1. Puppet Master (kill your enemy with your enemy.. No retaliation.. Cast it on an treant and the enemy's other creature can't escape, effectively taking out two enemy creatures with one spell - then cast Frenzy on the creature stuck with the trea...
by Macros the Black
May 23 2008, 0:35

Some Questions

Hi all :) Got some questions here.. 1. Shield of Crystal Ice grants 50% fire protection. If I got it right, that means your creature has a 50% chance to fully resist fire magic every time, right? Fire Resistance perk from Light Magic give 50% fire resistance. If you have both of these, does that mea...
by Macros the Black
May 23 2008, 0:17
Topic: Soldier's Luck in TOE
Views: 4216

Could someone post a list of abilities that benefit from Soldier's Luck? I usually can never think of any of those abilities everytime I get the skill offered to me, and thus never take it :/
by Macros the Black
May 22 2008, 23:48
Topic: combo: last stand and split
Replies: 12
Views: 4412

So, to recap.. Needed - 2 vampires - Raise Dead - Small army to take the heat (quite literally, if it's dragons you're facing) - Last Stand Useful - Mass Slow (normal Slow is too dangerous, Haste won't help) - (Mass) Endurance (so your army will last long enough) - Sorcery (so you can Raise Dead fas...
by Macros the Black
May 22 2008, 22:23

Counterspell does not work with sorcery, on the other hand an opponent with sorcery and armageddon will cast before you can counterspell again ;) Not to mention that caster units can end counterspell too. Ah, I didn't know that. Still, I've tested with a full sorcery/Destruction hero against one wi...
by Macros the Black
May 22 2008, 12:00
Topic: Best level 1 spell
Replies: 32
Views: 8959

Most of us see that Slow seems to work out better than Haste, but I bet most of you never sit down to figure out why. The reason is, Slow is numerically superior. The progression for Slow is 25%/30%/35%/40%. For Haste, it's 10%/20%/30%/40%. Numerically, 25% slow is equivalent to 33% haste. Similarl...
by Macros the Black
May 22 2008, 10:03
Topic: Where are we now?
Views: 3070

After carefully reading alot of threads in which this so-called "blizzardboy" preaches his hatred of 30 year old Russians, I stumbled upon an epiphany (sp?): the guy's simply hilarious :D Anyway, where's the "I dunno, it'll probably be a solid game, though it won't really stand out&qu...
by Macros the Black
May 22 2008, 9:44

I think there's only 4 strategies to beat Armageddon and Magnetic Golems if you are evenly matched.. From best to least: 1. If you're Dungeon, make an army of only Black Dragons. Armageddon will then only be useful in resurrecting the Magnetic Golems, but they don't stand a chance against Dragons. 2...
by Macros the Black
May 22 2008, 9:33
Topic: Best level 1 unit
Replies: 23
Views: 5519

I think all these creatures can be useful in their own right. Conscript/Brute, I don't know about, because I'd rather never upgrade that dwelling until the very end, making money off the peasants. But I suppose the unupgraded creature can be factored in as well. Familiar/Vermin, well I think the Fam...

Go to advanced search