Search found 850 matches

by Macros the Black
Dec 20 2011, 21:06
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Patch 1.2 is here!
Replies: 11
Views: 3517

maltz wrote:o Sun Raider’s Charge not awarding damage increase

Ooh, that explains it. See I thought that creature was just worthless, but it's a bug apparently. Lol.

Edit:
maltz wrote:o Tactics phase setup is now remembered from one battle to another.
**** yes!
by Macros the Black
Dec 10 2011, 23:59
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)
Replies: 213
Views: 79823

Antagarich is to the north of Enroth and probably relatively close by. You still haven't played the Might and Magic games, I presume? In MM8 King Roland and Queen Catherine arrive in Jadame, on route from Antagarich to Enroth. Jadame has to be at least somewhat in between the two for that to make s...
by Macros the Black
Dec 9 2011, 0:45
Topic: 2D vs. 3D
Replies: 38
Views: 9011

Maybe I can articulate my words a bit better. 1. I don't mind 3D. But it also isn't a must for me, especially not in a strategy game. Do people complain that a unit in Risk is just a piece of plastic? I don't. -- As long as being in 3D doesn't hurt a game too much, then it's an improvement. Otherwis...
by Macros the Black
Dec 8 2011, 17:56
Topic: 2D vs. 3D
Replies: 38
Views: 9011

To be honest, I still think the art in Heroes 3 is the best in the series (although Heroes 2 beats it in some accounts - the Phoenix, Crusader and Dragons look great in HoMM2). Plus the 3D in the newer games just gets in the way of gameplay. And I'm 24 years old. That may make me a "sort of&quo...
by Macros the Black
Dec 5 2011, 22:43
Topic: The best artifacts in the game
Replies: 6
Views: 3657

Shadow Comb - 1 Puppet Master per battle, useful for heroes who can't cast dark magic. Against the toughest optional battles this is the best shot - but PM frequently crashes the game. ;| I agree with this one. I played a game against my brother and attacked him in his town. His army had so many su...
by Macros the Black
Dec 5 2011, 22:38
Topic: blood and tears reputation explanation
Replies: 14
Views: 6665

I think it's easier to just read them as Blood=Offensive and Tears=Defensive. For example, any damaging spells or skills, as well as offensive/proactive manouvers such as the Rush ability are associated with Blood reputation. Using these skills as well as generally being aggressive in adventure map ...
by Macros the Black
Dec 5 2011, 22:29
Topic: Tactics Skill Very Poorly Done
Replies: 14
Views: 4843

Looking at it from a non-gameplay point of view, I can definately see how an army without a tactically inclined commander would be disorganised in every battle. Imagine an Orc army for instance, who just walk up to an enemy without any for-thought and just start attacking. Or when you get ambushed o...
by Macros the Black
Nov 17 2011, 19:54
Topic: Exploit: Farming unlimited EXP for Dynasty Weapon
Views: 7503

Ha-ha. Expect the guys that exploited this to be banned from Ubi servers now. :P That would just be dumb. The way I see it, the Dynasty stuff is mostly meant for singleplayer (the campaign in particular). Using it in multiplayer could give someone an unfair advantage, and it's just not how a Heroes...
by Macros the Black
Nov 14 2011, 6:12
Topic: Custom duel heroes/armies?
Replies: 1
Views: 1234

Go to "My Dynasty" in the main menu, then select the second tab. You can make your heroes there, and all the skills you select from them will be what they use in duel mode.

As far as I'm aware, you can't setup your own armies though.
by Macros the Black
Nov 11 2011, 15:38
Topic: Inferno campaign
Replies: 10
Views: 3438

I don't know what you guys are talking about with starting over to beat the last battle, but every time there's just one castle left for the opponent in the campaigns I found I could simply wait a few weeks to get a bigger army before attacking him. When you have like 5+ castles and he has only one,...
by Macros the Black
Nov 8 2011, 9:02
Topic: Ubisoft server down, can't play, OMG
Replies: 19
Views: 6104

I can't connect right now either. I can play, but I can't access my saved games, campaign progress, custom heroes, dynasty rewards, etc. etc. So basically, yeah you can play but you're still better off waiting for it to come back up.......
by Macros the Black
Nov 5 2011, 12:28
Topic: Looking back at M&M games (7-8) and their classes
Replies: 15
Views: 4060

If we are only talking about late game OP stuff only, then I'd take an archer with lvl 60 bow and hire a fallen wizard. But there are no items that add to your Bow skill, and armsmaster doesn't effect bow weapons, so you have to spend a lot more skill points to get the bow to a point where it can d...
by Macros the Black
Nov 5 2011, 12:01
Topic: Faction analysis: Necropolis
Replies: 26
Views: 7829

Would you guys say it might be a good idea to cast rush/life drain on Ghouls the first turn and move them into the enemy ranks? Their damage reduction and increased damage against living targets seems to make them the unit of choice for an early assault. Then move in your lamasu's and vampires when ...
by Macros the Black
Nov 5 2011, 11:44
Topic: Ubisoft, piracy, and the death of reason
Replies: 8
Views: 3644

I get most of my games through Steam nowadays, or by buying a game on Xbox marketplace. Rarely do I still go to a store (I did for HoMM6 obviously). On one hand, it's convenient. On the other, it's kind of a shame. I miss the ritual of going to a store with my friends to pick up a new game and read ...
by Macros the Black
Nov 3 2011, 0:56
Topic: Questions on improving MM8 party
Replies: 7
Views: 3036

1. What would be the best weapons for the Knight? I have a ton of options. For the hell of it, I gave Blazen Stormlance both GM Spear and Sword. The weapons I have: Finality, Terminus, Havoc, Judicious Measure, Glomenthal and Ebonest. Right now I am using Terminus and Havoc - it seems to give me th...
by Macros the Black
Oct 30 2011, 4:46
Topic: Not really a rant but more of a question...
Views: 2557

Well, gameplay-wise the most notable thing about Stronghold in HoMM 3 (aside from Arma-Dragon tactics) was that you didn't need to protect your shooters. The Medusa was always too dangerous to take out in melee, the Eyes had plenty of hit-points and no melee penalty, and the harpies were well.. harp...
by Macros the Black
Oct 30 2011, 3:14
Topic: MM7 Level One Challenge
Views: 3914

When I played my solo Ranger (albeit with leveling), I simply ran past everything in the Lincoln. All the instant-death effects in that place were just too much for me to take the enemies head-on. I eventually learned the layout of the Lincoln and was able to do it in one go. Of course, that one cha...
by Macros the Black
Oct 30 2011, 3:08
Topic: Music in Might and Magic 8
Replies: 4
Views: 2987

You´re welcome man, but don't thank me. Thank Grayface for his patch :D
by Macros the Black
Oct 29 2011, 3:40
Topic: Music in Might and Magic 8
Replies: 4
Views: 2987

I don't know about using iso's but Grayface's unofficial MM8 patch allows you to make the game recognise MP3 files for ingame music. You can get the patch here . It also fixes alot of bugs and adds some useful features - you can find a list of changes in the thread I linked. -- Now, if you have the ...
by Macros the Black
Oct 26 2011, 4:01
Topic: Is this copyrighted anymore?
Views: 2025

Set up another account to post it, and put it in a playlist with your main account? <random> I actually have a strike on my account back from when the whole misheard lyrics thing was popular on youtube. I made one that got ALOT of views and then the artist himself found out about it :/ Back then, I ...

Go to advanced search