Search found 859 matches

by Macros the Black
May 8 2015, 1:43
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]
Replies: 489
Views: 208736

It seems that the area of effect radius of Death Blossom is either wrong, or they decided to change it after printing the manual. From the manual, these are some distances of varius spells: Ring of Fire: 5 feet Fireball: 10 feet Meteor Shower: 10 feet Rockblast: 20 feet Starburst: 20 feet Death Blos...
by Macros the Black
May 1 2015, 11:03
Topic: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]
Replies: 404
Views: 219217

You can use shift+LMB to cast spells, although it's kind of inconvenient still.
by Macros the Black
Apr 29 2015, 0:28
Topic: Modding skill level perks in MM7?
Replies: 8
Views: 3202

That would actually be kinda neat. I may steal that idea if it's actually workable. You may not!! Just kidding of course. Be my guest :D I'm pretty sure that it does.... though I can't remember the last time I actually *used* the damn skill, so it's hard to say. It displays max health but not curre...
by Macros the Black
Apr 27 2015, 4:16
Topic: Modding skill level perks in MM7?
Replies: 8
Views: 3202

Yes, the Shield GM perk is bad, but I think even if it wasn't there's still the inherent problem that the classes who are good with shields don't need them.. For that reason, the only sort of perk that would make me want to learn Shield on my Knight is something that helps protect the rest of the pa...
by Macros the Black
Apr 26 2015, 21:22
Topic: Monster behaviour and Party Positioning
Replies: 4
Views: 1832

Do you think this applies to VI and VII as well? I'm pretty well along in replaying VI and it seems the focus of attention is my priest and mage. Third and fourth slots. It probably does work for VII at least, it's not likely they messed with the game mechanics between VII and VIII. I haven't done ...
by Macros the Black
Apr 25 2015, 3:29
Topic: Monster behaviour and Party Positioning
Replies: 4
Views: 1832

Monster behaviour and Party Positioning

I just now realised something new when it comes to monster behaviour. I was in the Naga Vault in MM8, and I was walking down a corridor and came up on a T-section. At this point, a bunch of red dots showed up on my minimap in a room down the right hallway. I engaged them, and noticed that literally ...
by Macros the Black
Mar 10 2014, 7:26
Topic: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]
Replies: 489
Views: 208736

Holy Hera! You can do it with just one enemy the Percival bow have a nice nifty nasty bug... bang bada boom! I have to test it with a "of Carnage" bow... hm I can't get the bug to happen with a normal bow with "of Carnage" so it must be the combnation of "of Carnage" a...
by Macros the Black
May 14 2013, 7:53
Topic: MM6 : Your Favorite NPC
Replies: 7
Views: 3493

The Prince of Thieves was quite good. I like how he's hiding under the bed and his dialogue (though I can't remember exactly what he said) just cracked me up. There's also Slicker Silvertongue. They really got his personality perfect with his dialogue, and when he leaves the council he has a cool li...
by Macros the Black
Apr 2 2013, 23:51
Topic: Might & Magic 10
Replies: 101
Views: 28530

Diablo 2 has rare monsters and unique monsters. Unique monsters always spawn in the same place (the one you're referring to is Treehead Woodfist) and always have the same abilities (although they are more powerful in higher difficulty settings). They usually either guard a passage or a quest item, o...
by Macros the Black
Mar 22 2013, 6:31
Topic: So ... Any Thoughts On The Big "X" On The Ubi Site
Replies: 114
Views: 32511

So Sheltem finally came to destroy this crappy world? Hahahahaha, nice. I dunno, it may sound strange but I wish they stuck a little more to the MM6-8 gameplay than the 1-5 gameplay. What I mean is, judging from the trailer, it seems the whole world will be tile-based similar to the recent Legend o...
by Macros the Black
Mar 19 2013, 13:14
Topic: So ... Any Thoughts On The Big "X" On The Ubi Site
Replies: 114
Views: 32511

Huh. Well I'll be. If they want this game to be successful, they can't just expect to bank in on fans of the old series. Especially not after Heroes 6. It's going to have to actually be a good game. Of course, there's still a huge difference between a "good game" (one that makes a profit f...
by Macros the Black
Jan 8 2013, 15:50
Topic: Better M&M 7 Dark Party?
Replies: 14
Views: 4769

Well, the choice of Sorcerer or Cleric to me, at least in MM7, really comes down to Lloyd's Beacon versus GM Protection from Magic...
by Macros the Black
Jan 7 2013, 15:09
Topic: Better M&M 7 Dark Party?
Replies: 14
Views: 4769

@OP: of those choices you listed, I think Paladin, Monk, Archer, Cleric is the best one, simply because the Monk really isn't that good at healing. He's more like a weaker Knight imo. You could also try a Druid, if you want something other than a Cleric. This way all your classes are different from ...
by Macros the Black
Dec 23 2012, 14:15
Topic: MMVII Party?
Replies: 40
Views: 9552

Hunter is generally considered the weakest class in the game because they don't really do anything that well, especially once you have reached mid game. The best skill is bow, and if that was all you were after, use an archer. The Ranger is actually a really good solo class (solo = playing with one...
by Macros the Black
Dec 9 2012, 18:36
Topic: Essay: An analysis of Light/Darkness or Good/Evil in MM7
Replies: 42
Views: 12369

Well, what if Escaton (and the Angels) were supposed to use the Gate Web, which of course was severed by the Ancients when they realized they had to retreat from the system. That at least explains how they were both late. There's also the question of how much Escaton has to do with Armageddon's Blad...
by Macros the Black
Dec 6 2012, 0:32
Topic: Essay: An analysis of Light/Darkness or Good/Evil in MM7
Replies: 42
Views: 12369

I don't see any problem with the tenses in Escaton's quotes. It simply means that Escaton wasn't on Enroth when he became aware of the infestation and decided "ultimate force" to be necessary. When he did arrive on Enroth, they were already dead. But the process had already begun - if not ...
by Macros the Black
Dec 3 2012, 16:27
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Shades of Darkness
Replies: 98
Views: 93581

Mozared wrote:Sudden realization: Ubisoft is releasing sequels to a game with less races than its predecessors and then asks money for expansion packs that add those races back in.

Worse than that: they're re-adding the faction that they screwed up the most in HoMM5.
by Macros the Black
Oct 30 2012, 16:17
Topic: Why don't townspeople in Blackshire turn into werewolfs?
Replies: 15
Views: 14669

^^ Heh. I remember this quite vividly actually. First time I got to Blackshire, I talked to the same guy the OP referenced and totally expected the townspeople to turn into werewolves. It was a bit disapointing.. I also think those swordsman in the dungeon are supposed to be werewolves in human form...
by Macros the Black
Oct 12 2012, 18:45
Topic: so none of you got this massage?
Replies: 10
Views: 6128

And there I was thinking maybe Heroes 6 would have a happy ending after all.... ;)
by Macros the Black
Jul 5 2012, 19:39
Topic: Will you buy Pirates of the Savage Sea?
Replies: 64
Views: 20672

No, I'm not going to buy "Pirate"s of the Seven Seas. Wink wink nudge nudge. Heroes VI isn't worth my money.

Go to advanced search