Search found 850 matches

by Macros the Black
Mar 22 2013, 6:31
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: So ... Any Thoughts On The Big "X" On The Ubi Site
Replies: 114
Views: 31623

So Sheltem finally came to destroy this crappy world? Hahahahaha, nice. I dunno, it may sound strange but I wish they stuck a little more to the MM6-8 gameplay than the 1-5 gameplay. What I mean is, judging from the trailer, it seems the whole world will be tile-based similar to the recent Legend o...
by Macros the Black
Mar 19 2013, 13:14
Topic: So ... Any Thoughts On The Big "X" On The Ubi Site
Replies: 114
Views: 31623

Huh. Well I'll be. If they want this game to be successful, they can't just expect to bank in on fans of the old series. Especially not after Heroes 6. It's going to have to actually be a good game. Of course, there's still a huge difference between a "good game" (one that makes a profit f...
by Macros the Black
Jan 8 2013, 15:50
Topic: Better M&M 7 Dark Party?
Replies: 14
Views: 4645

Well, the choice of Sorcerer or Cleric to me, at least in MM7, really comes down to Lloyd's Beacon versus GM Protection from Magic...
by Macros the Black
Jan 7 2013, 15:09
Topic: Better M&M 7 Dark Party?
Views: 4645

@OP: of those choices you listed, I think Paladin, Monk, Archer, Cleric is the best one, simply because the Monk really isn't that good at healing. He's more like a weaker Knight imo. You could also try a Druid, if you want something other than a Cleric. This way all your classes are different from ...
by Macros the Black
Dec 23 2012, 14:15
Topic: MMVII Party?
Replies: 40
Views: 9295

Hunter is generally considered the weakest class in the game because they don't really do anything that well, especially once you have reached mid game. The best skill is bow, and if that was all you were after, use an archer. The Ranger is actually a really good solo class (solo = playing with one...
by Macros the Black
Dec 9 2012, 18:36
Topic: Essay: An analysis of Light/Darkness or Good/Evil in MM7
Replies: 42
Views: 12118

Well, what if Escaton (and the Angels) were supposed to use the Gate Web, which of course was severed by the Ancients when they realized they had to retreat from the system. That at least explains how they were both late. There's also the question of how much Escaton has to do with Armageddon's Blad...
by Macros the Black
Dec 6 2012, 0:32
Topic: Essay: An analysis of Light/Darkness or Good/Evil in MM7
Replies: 42
Views: 12118

I don't see any problem with the tenses in Escaton's quotes. It simply means that Escaton wasn't on Enroth when he became aware of the infestation and decided "ultimate force" to be necessary. When he did arrive on Enroth, they were already dead. But the process had already begun - if not ...
by Macros the Black
Dec 3 2012, 16:27
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Shades of Darkness
Replies: 98
Views: 92734

Mozared wrote:Sudden realization: Ubisoft is releasing sequels to a game with less races than its predecessors and then asks money for expansion packs that add those races back in.

Worse than that: they're re-adding the faction that they screwed up the most in HoMM5.
by Macros the Black
Oct 30 2012, 16:17
Topic: Why don't townspeople in Blackshire turn into werewolfs?
Replies: 15
Views: 14562

^^ Heh. I remember this quite vividly actually. First time I got to Blackshire, I talked to the same guy the OP referenced and totally expected the townspeople to turn into werewolves. It was a bit disapointing.. I also think those swordsman in the dungeon are supposed to be werewolves in human form...
by Macros the Black
Oct 12 2012, 18:45
Topic: so none of you got this massage?
Replies: 10
Views: 6048

And there I was thinking maybe Heroes 6 would have a happy ending after all.... ;)
by Macros the Black
Jul 5 2012, 19:39
Topic: Will you buy Pirates of the Savage Sea?
Replies: 64
Views: 20132

No, I'm not going to buy "Pirate"s of the Seven Seas. Wink wink nudge nudge. Heroes VI isn't worth my money.
by Macros the Black
May 15 2012, 5:39
Topic: Rain of items fall from sky in mm7
Replies: 9
Views: 2956

It doesn't seem like a respawn issue unless I missed that there were mounds of Erudite Ore and Mercury that sit by the outside of Castle Harmondale (and the field south). In the start of the game there are only phirna roots and the yellow 1 power herb. It's mixing up the areas that the loot is spaw...
by Macros the Black
May 6 2012, 1:21
Topic: Might and Magic Quotes
Replies: 27
Views: 9664

------------------------------------------- They came from the depths of the void... An ancient enemy of an Ancient people. No one knows why they hate us so, or why they have made war upon us. Some say the struggle against their evil is the Mandate of Heaven. Though their origins and purpose are shr...
by Macros the Black
May 4 2012, 13:42
Topic: MM6 - KKKK vs Oozes
Replies: 7
Views: 3170

Just go around them. There's no place in the game where you have to fight them. The same goes for Diamond Gargoyles, although they're a bit more annoying since they're in the overworld in Silver Cove. If you're really intent on completing the game 100% or something, then I suggest wands of fireball ...
by Macros the Black
May 3 2012, 4:57
Topic: Katauri for developing future HOMM?
Replies: 12
Views: 4598

They should let Blizzard do it. I really can't see Blizzard being interested at all, even if they wouldn't just be working for another company. Any other game they make would make alot more revenue. Although Blizz making a Might and Magic type game would be a dream come through, but that's never go...
by Macros the Black
Apr 5 2012, 8:01
Topic: MM7: Dragon on Emerald Isle
Replies: 12
Views: 6641

Re: MM7: Dragon on Emerald Isle

Are there any easy methods to beat him? The videos I saw keep people running around and relying on luck to beat him (her?). But I noticed some people said that it's easy to beat this dragon but didn't really go into detail on how. Just curious if anyone's willing to share a detailed method other th...
by Macros the Black
Feb 27 2012, 20:25
Topic: Heroes VI Centralized Wish List
Replies: 16
Views: 6265

Well... if you do not want a feature implemented at all give it the lowest possible 0. What I did for my vote is... I took 1-2 references and the rest of the values I've put with those in mind. EG: - I really want badly simultaneous turns so I gave them 100. - For more of same tier units I though w...
by Macros the Black
Feb 27 2012, 5:08
Topic: Heroes VI Centralized Wish List
Replies: 16
Views: 6265

- Desirability: (0-100) => (0-30:Low, 30-70:Medium, 70-100:High) - How badly you want this feature to be implemented/fixed. I'm not sure I understand completely. What if I don't want a feature to be implemented at all? Do I vote 0 on it, or do I vote below 50? 0-25: Please don't implement this, it ...
by Macros the Black
Feb 19 2012, 17:04
Topic: Spells from MM7/8 you wish you got to use more often
Replies: 22
Views: 5120

Immolation is annoying as hell since you cant use it in towns so it's never used. Depends on when you cast buffs I guess.. I usually cast them before entering a dungeon, so it's useful to me. Sacrifice is interesting as flavor spell but ultimately never used, but it's mm8 replacement is OP as hell....
by Macros the Black
Jan 16 2012, 21:10
Topic: Children of the Void - Help Wanted to Develop This Game
Views: 20161

* bump. :)

Would be nice if this could get stickied.

Go to advanced search