Search found 860 matches

by Macros the Black
Mar 29 2016, 1:36
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: What's the purpose of sabres?
Replies: 8
Views: 2457

Re: What's the purpose of sabres?

It's probably just because in the real world swords were the most common weapon. Same reason there are so many spear types.

There are no hidden stats to them. All swords have the same recovery time (as far as I'm aware).
by Macros the Black
Mar 28 2016, 6:49
Topic: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]
Replies: 489
Views: 208929

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.0 [Sep 21, 2015]

Even though the last update was in September and I'm way late, I still feel obligated to say it's awesome you're still patching this game Grayface. I just found another little bug in MM6 (but it might be in the other games too, haven't tested): apparently the Scholar NPC does not actually give an ex...
by Macros the Black
Mar 12 2016, 7:25
Topic: MM 6 & 7: Does perception help?
Replies: 20
Views: 12875

Re: MM 6 & 7: Does perception help?

I just ran through the Sewer with a level 1 party (was hoping to find some gold to buy a spellbook to test something) and apparently you don't need Perception at all to find the sewer key. Just click on any grate; you'll find the key in the first one you click. Clicking more times gives you random l...
by Macros the Black
Mar 8 2016, 0:17
Topic: Post your most interesting Might and Magic challenges!
Replies: 57
Views: 21666

Re:

The Arena, Level 100, Lord Difficulty: 20 Gold Dragons. Still haven't won this challenge. :) I did this before getting blasters in my last playthrough (default party). It's actually not that hard, ducking in the corner next to the stairs is key as well as bringing potions of divine magic (otherwise...
by Macros the Black
Mar 7 2016, 0:33
Topic: What's the purpose of sabres?
Replies: 8
Views: 2457

Re: What's the purpose of sabres?

I guess what you're asking isn't "why are there so many different types of swords?", but more: "why is there a sword weaker than the starting sword?". Well, you could find one and learn the skill at a guild. Plus it makes crappy loot more varied.
by Macros the Black
Mar 4 2016, 0:57
Topic: Anybody solo M&M8 ?
Replies: 7
Views: 2460

Re: Anybody solo M&M8 ?

Earth plane is always the hardest.. It's rock hard ;)
by Macros the Black
Feb 26 2016, 23:54
Topic: Tolberti and solo druid
Views: 4515

Re: Tolberti and solo druid

^ I seem to remember that Tolberti can shoot through the pillars in his room.. Not sure though, and it could just be a bug in earlier versions only.
by Macros the Black
Feb 26 2016, 7:24

GM Mace can paralyze him iirc. I agree with Baronus, you'll have to savescum to defeat Tolberti. I had to do the same thing when I solo'd a ranger and didn't want to spend 30 points on the stealing skill. Yeah... i dont even have the stealing option lol! Well, you don't get the blaster when you ste...
by Macros the Black
Feb 25 2016, 15:44

the beavers1 wrote:unfortunately tolberti is immune to paralyze... and all light and dark spells for that matter

GM Mace can paralyze him iirc. I agree with Baronus, you'll have to savescum to defeat Tolberti. I had to do the same thing when I solo'd a ranger and didn't want to spend 30 points on the stealing skill.
by Macros the Black
Feb 13 2016, 23:22
Topic: MM 6 & 7: Does perception help?
Views: 12875

Re: MM 6 & 7: Does perception help?

I know this an old thread, but I didn't see this mentioned yet: in MM6, the Perception skill is also required to pick up crystals, like the ones you can find in Snergle's Ironfist dungeon. Some crystals will say "useless crystal" when clicked on. These aren't lootable, and really are usele...
by Macros the Black
Feb 9 2016, 16:51
Topic: A Few Newb M&M 6 Questions
Replies: 6
Views: 2386

Re: A Few Newb M&M 6 Questions

Luck is no better or worse than any of the other stats. What it primarily does is protect you from conditions caused by enemies (ex. poison, disease, instant death, etc), so it is more useful than it may at first appear but like all the stats it scales badly at higher levels. As for Learning, like t...
by Macros the Black
Jan 18 2016, 13:30
Topic: MM6 NPCs for SSSS
Replies: 57
Views: 6874

Re: MM6 NPCs for SSSS

For the NPCs, Mystic/Spellmaster is of course ideal for this party. But aside from that, I think the Duper is the best NPC in the game. You need master merchant at skill 16 to trade at value anywhere you want. The duper gives you 8 extra points in merchant so you would only need to master the skill ...
by Macros the Black
Dec 21 2015, 1:04
Topic: [MM6]What exactly did the guy say??
Replies: 10
Views: 3250

Re: [MM6]What exactly did the guy say??

By the way, the guy in the Buccaneer's Lair (New Sorpigal, opens at night) sounds a lot like Jon st. John - the voice actor for Duke Nukem. Except he's not credited for the role anywhere.
by Macros the Black
Oct 25 2015, 2:11
Topic: Strange numerals in spell table
Replies: 2
Views: 1510

Re: Strange numerals in spell table

The question remains what the last two numbers are for.. They don't appear to be always hit/depends on attack, spell duration, range, number of projectiles, or area of effect.

By the way, it would be cool if someone could tell me how to access these to look at them for myself. :)
by Macros the Black
Aug 19 2015, 1:10
Topic: How exactly does Disarm Trap skill work? (MM6)
Views: 4256

Re: How exactly does Disarm Trap skill work? (MM6)

Each map has a Trap Value that represents how difficult it is to disarm all of traps on that map. To disarm a trap, a character must have a Disarm Trap power higher than the current's map Trap Value. That's what I always thought, but it appears not to be the case. I reloaded to an earlier save to t...
by Macros the Black
Aug 19 2015, 0:28
Topic: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.4.1 [Sep 20, 2019]
Replies: 197
Views: 96325

Re:

Another bug: there seems to be something wrong with the Mace skill when dual-wielding. With my Troll, I use Breaker in the right hand and Snake in the left. But apparently, when I pump points into Mace, it doesn't increase my total damage. When wielding only the mace, the damage goes up as it shoul...
by Macros the Black
Jul 5 2015, 0:29

Good to know, thanks.
by Macros the Black
Jul 3 2015, 21:00

How exactly does Disarm Trap skill work? (MM6)

I always thought that it was just a check to see if your level was high enough, but I've been finding that sometimes I can open a chest and other times (with the same level) it explodes. It does seem to be the case that having a certain level makes it so that the trap never explodes, but it seems th...
by Macros the Black
Jun 23 2015, 11:41
Topic: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]
Replies: 489
Views: 208929

It would be nice if when holding right-click over an attribute or resistance if it would tell us the number of that attribute/resistance the character is getting from his/her equipment and/or how much he/she has without his/her equipment. Similar to how holding right-click on attack now shows recove...
by Macros the Black
Jun 15 2015, 14:21
Topic: Ultimate MM7 party
Replies: 155
Views: 51292

Hahaha, glad to see that there is atleast some undead walking around here :-D Anyone still playing this? because i do :P I play these games at least once a year :) I was just looking at some monster charts and noticed that Angels cast Light Bolt. I was wondering if anyone knows if Liches (I mean, p...

Go to advanced search