Search found 850 matches

by Macros the Black
Feb 9 2016, 16:51
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: A Few Newb M&M 6 Questions
Replies: 6
Views: 2169

Re: A Few Newb M&M 6 Questions

Luck is no better or worse than any of the other stats. What it primarily does is protect you from conditions caused by enemies (ex. poison, disease, instant death, etc), so it is more useful than it may at first appear but like all the stats it scales badly at higher levels. As for Learning, like t...
by Macros the Black
Jan 18 2016, 13:30
Topic: MM6 NPCs for SSSS
Replies: 57
Views: 6156

Re: MM6 NPCs for SSSS

For the NPCs, Mystic/Spellmaster is of course ideal for this party. But aside from that, I think the Duper is the best NPC in the game. You need master merchant at skill 16 to trade at value anywhere you want. The duper gives you 8 extra points in merchant so you would only need to master the skill ...
by Macros the Black
Dec 21 2015, 1:04
Topic: [MM6]What exactly did the guy say??
Replies: 10
Views: 3017

Re: [MM6]What exactly did the guy say??

By the way, the guy in the Buccaneer's Lair (New Sorpigal, opens at night) sounds a lot like Jon st. John - the voice actor for Duke Nukem. Except he's not credited for the role anywhere.
by Macros the Black
Oct 25 2015, 2:11
Topic: Strange numerals in spell table
Replies: 2
Views: 1420

Re: Strange numerals in spell table

The question remains what the last two numbers are for.. They don't appear to be always hit/depends on attack, spell duration, range, number of projectiles, or area of effect.

By the way, it would be cool if someone could tell me how to access these to look at them for myself. :)
by Macros the Black
Aug 19 2015, 1:10
Topic: How exactly does Disarm Trap skill work? (MM6)
Views: 3739

Re: How exactly does Disarm Trap skill work? (MM6)

Each map has a Trap Value that represents how difficult it is to disarm all of traps on that map. To disarm a trap, a character must have a Disarm Trap power higher than the current's map Trap Value. That's what I always thought, but it appears not to be the case. I reloaded to an earlier save to t...
by Macros the Black
Aug 19 2015, 0:28
Topic: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.3.1 [June 10, 2019]
Replies: 140
Views: 81724

Re:

Another bug: there seems to be something wrong with the Mace skill when dual-wielding. With my Troll, I use Breaker in the right hand and Snake in the left. But apparently, when I pump points into Mace, it doesn't increase my total damage. When wielding only the mace, the damage goes up as it shoul...
by Macros the Black
Jul 5 2015, 0:29

Good to know, thanks.
by Macros the Black
Jul 3 2015, 21:00

How exactly does Disarm Trap skill work? (MM6)

I always thought that it was just a check to see if your level was high enough, but I've been finding that sometimes I can open a chest and other times (with the same level) it explodes. It does seem to be the case that having a certain level makes it so that the trap never explodes, but it seems th...
by Macros the Black
Jun 23 2015, 11:41
Topic: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.3.1 [June 10, 2019]
Replies: 471
Views: 188767

It would be nice if when holding right-click over an attribute or resistance if it would tell us the number of that attribute/resistance the character is getting from his/her equipment and/or how much he/she has without his/her equipment. Similar to how holding right-click on attack now shows recove...
by Macros the Black
Jun 15 2015, 14:21
Topic: Ultimate MM7 party
Replies: 155
Views: 47876

Hahaha, glad to see that there is atleast some undead walking around here :-D Anyone still playing this? because i do :P I play these games at least once a year :) I was just looking at some monster charts and noticed that Angels cast Light Bolt. I was wondering if anyone knows if Liches (I mean, p...
by Macros the Black
May 16 2015, 11:23

I've been playing through the game, and I noticed that one of the fountains in Bootleg Bay (the +2 permanent intellect one) appears to be bugged with the patch; it only applies the bonus to the first character in the party and just displays "Refreshing!" for the others. This may sound dum...
by Macros the Black
May 8 2015, 1:43

It seems that the area of effect radius of Death Blossom is either wrong, or they decided to change it after printing the manual. From the manual, these are some distances of varius spells: Ring of Fire: 5 feet Fireball: 10 feet Meteor Shower: 10 feet Rockblast: 20 feet Starburst: 20 feet Death Blos...
by Macros the Black
May 1 2015, 11:03
Topic: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.3.1 [June 10, 2019]
Replies: 356
Views: 196792

You can use shift+LMB to cast spells, although it's kind of inconvenient still.
by Macros the Black
Apr 29 2015, 0:28
Topic: Modding skill level perks in MM7?
Replies: 8
Views: 3001

That would actually be kinda neat. I may steal that idea if it's actually workable. You may not!! Just kidding of course. Be my guest :D I'm pretty sure that it does.... though I can't remember the last time I actually *used* the damn skill, so it's hard to say. It displays max health but not curre...
by Macros the Black
Apr 27 2015, 4:16
Topic: Modding skill level perks in MM7?
Replies: 8
Views: 3001

Yes, the Shield GM perk is bad, but I think even if it wasn't there's still the inherent problem that the classes who are good with shields don't need them.. For that reason, the only sort of perk that would make me want to learn Shield on my Knight is something that helps protect the rest of the pa...
by Macros the Black
Apr 26 2015, 21:22
Topic: Monster behaviour and Party Positioning
Replies: 4
Views: 1705

Do you think this applies to VI and VII as well? I'm pretty well along in replaying VI and it seems the focus of attention is my priest and mage. Third and fourth slots. It probably does work for VII at least, it's not likely they messed with the game mechanics between VII and VIII. I haven't done ...
by Macros the Black
Apr 25 2015, 3:29
Topic: Monster behaviour and Party Positioning
Replies: 4
Views: 1705

Monster behaviour and Party Positioning

I just now realised something new when it comes to monster behaviour. I was in the Naga Vault in MM8, and I was walking down a corridor and came up on a T-section. At this point, a bunch of red dots showed up on my minimap in a room down the right hallway. I engaged them, and noticed that literally ...
by Macros the Black
Mar 10 2014, 7:26

Holy Hera! You can do it with just one enemy the Percival bow have a nice nifty nasty bug... bang bada boom! I have to test it with a "of Carnage" bow... hm I can't get the bug to happen with a normal bow with "of Carnage" so it must be the combnation of "of Carnage" a...
by Macros the Black
May 14 2013, 7:53
Topic: MM6 : Your Favorite NPC
Replies: 7
Views: 3368

The Prince of Thieves was quite good. I like how he's hiding under the bed and his dialogue (though I can't remember exactly what he said) just cracked me up. There's also Slicker Silvertongue. They really got his personality perfect with his dialogue, and when he leaves the council he has a cool li...
by Macros the Black
Apr 2 2013, 23:51
Topic: Might & Magic 10
Replies: 101
Views: 27018

Diablo 2 has rare monsters and unique monsters. Unique monsters always spawn in the same place (the one you're referring to is Treehead Woodfist) and always have the same abilities (although they are more powerful in higher difficulty settings). They usually either guard a passage or a quest item, o...

Go to advanced search