Search found 897 matches

by Macros the Black
04 May 2012, 13:42
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM6 - KKKK vs Oozes
Replies: 7
Views: 5389

Just go around them. There's no place in the game where you have to fight them. The same goes for Diamond Gargoyles, although they're a bit more annoying since they're in the overworld in Silver Cove. If you're really intent on completing the game 100% or something, then I suggest wands of fireball ...
by Macros the Black
03 May 2012, 04:57
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Katauri for developing future HOMM?
Replies: 12
Views: 8214

They should let Blizzard do it. I really can't see Blizzard being interested at all, even if they wouldn't just be working for another company. Any other game they make would make alot more revenue. Although Blizz making a Might and Magic type game would be a dream come through, but that's never go...
by Macros the Black
05 Apr 2012, 08:01
Topic: MM7: Dragon on Emerald Isle
Replies: 12
Views: 10416

Re: MM7: Dragon on Emerald Isle

Are there any easy methods to beat him? The videos I saw keep people running around and relying on luck to beat him (her?). But I noticed some people said that it's easy to beat this dragon but didn't really go into detail on how. Just curious if anyone's willing to share a detailed method other th...
by Macros the Black
27 Feb 2012, 20:25
Topic: Heroes VI Centralized Wish List
Replies: 16
Views: 9793

Well... if you do not want a feature implemented at all give it the lowest possible 0. What I did for my vote is... I took 1-2 references and the rest of the values I've put with those in mind. EG: - I really want badly simultaneous turns so I gave them 100. - For more of same tier units I though w...
by Macros the Black
27 Feb 2012, 05:08
Topic: Heroes VI Centralized Wish List
Replies: 16
Views: 9793

- Desirability: (0-100) => (0-30:Low, 30-70:Medium, 70-100:High) - How badly you want this feature to be implemented/fixed. I'm not sure I understand completely. What if I don't want a feature to be implemented at all? Do I vote 0 on it, or do I vote below 50? 0-25: Please don't implement this, it ...
by Macros the Black
19 Feb 2012, 17:04
Topic: Spells from MM7/8 you wish you got to use more often
Replies: 22
Views: 9336

Immolation is annoying as hell since you cant use it in towns so it's never used. Depends on when you cast buffs I guess.. I usually cast them before entering a dungeon, so it's useful to me. Sacrifice is interesting as flavor spell but ultimately never used, but it's mm8 replacement is OP as hell....
by Macros the Black
16 Jan 2012, 21:10
Topic: Children of the Void - Help Wanted to Develop This Game
Replies: 15
Views: 34810

* bump. :)

Would be nice if this could get stickied.
by Macros the Black
20 Dec 2011, 21:06
Topic: Patch 1.2 is here!
Replies: 11
Views: 5683

maltz wrote:o Sun Raider’s Charge not awarding damage increase
Ooh, that explains it. See I thought that creature was just worthless, but it's a bug apparently. Lol.

Edit:
maltz wrote:o Tactics phase setup is now remembered from one battle to another.
Fuck yes!
by Macros the Black
10 Dec 2011, 23:59
Topic: Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)
Replies: 218
Views: 142633

Antagarich is to the north of Enroth and probably relatively close by. You still haven't played the Might and Magic games, I presume? In MM8 King Roland and Queen Catherine arrive in Jadame, on route from Antagarich to Enroth. Jadame has to be at least somewhat in between the two for that to make s...
by Macros the Black
09 Dec 2011, 00:45
Topic: 2D vs. 3D
Replies: 38
Views: 16132

Maybe I can articulate my words a bit better. 1. I don't mind 3D. But it also isn't a must for me, especially not in a strategy game. Do people complain that a unit in Risk is just a piece of plastic? I don't. -- As long as being in 3D doesn't hurt a game too much, then it's an improvement. Otherwis...
by Macros the Black
08 Dec 2011, 17:56
Topic: 2D vs. 3D
Replies: 38
Views: 16132

To be honest, I still think the art in Heroes 3 is the best in the series (although Heroes 2 beats it in some accounts - the Phoenix, Crusader and Dragons look great in HoMM2). Plus the 3D in the newer games just gets in the way of gameplay. And I'm 24 years old. That may make me a "sort of&quo...
by Macros the Black
05 Dec 2011, 22:43
Topic: The best artifacts in the game
Replies: 6
Views: 7405

Shadow Comb - 1 Puppet Master per battle, useful for heroes who can't cast dark magic. Against the toughest optional battles this is the best shot - but PM frequently crashes the game. ;| I agree with this one. I played a game against my brother and attacked him in his town. His army had so many su...
by Macros the Black
05 Dec 2011, 22:38
Topic: blood and tears reputation explanation
Replies: 14
Views: 10705

I think it's easier to just read them as Blood=Offensive and Tears=Defensive. For example, any damaging spells or skills, as well as offensive/proactive manouvers such as the Rush ability are associated with Blood reputation. Using these skills as well as generally being aggressive in adventure map ...
by Macros the Black
05 Dec 2011, 22:29
Topic: Tactics Skill Very Poorly Done
Replies: 14
Views: 8807

Looking at it from a non-gameplay point of view, I can definately see how an army without a tactically inclined commander would be disorganised in every battle. Imagine an Orc army for instance, who just walk up to an enemy without any for-thought and just start attacking. Or when you get ambushed o...
by Macros the Black
17 Nov 2011, 19:54
Topic: Exploit: Farming unlimited EXP for Dynasty Weapon
Replies: 11
Views: 11180

Ha-ha. Expect the guys that exploited this to be banned from Ubi servers now. :P That would just be dumb. The way I see it, the Dynasty stuff is mostly meant for singleplayer (the campaign in particular). Using it in multiplayer could give someone an unfair advantage, and it's just not how a Heroes...
by Macros the Black
14 Nov 2011, 06:12
Topic: Custom duel heroes/armies?
Replies: 1
Views: 1980

Go to "My Dynasty" in the main menu, then select the second tab. You can make your heroes there, and all the skills you select from them will be what they use in duel mode.

As far as I'm aware, you can't setup your own armies though.
by Macros the Black
11 Nov 2011, 15:38
Topic: Inferno campaign
Replies: 10
Views: 5638

I don't know what you guys are talking about with starting over to beat the last battle, but every time there's just one castle left for the opponent in the campaigns I found I could simply wait a few weeks to get a bigger army before attacking him. When you have like 5+ castles and he has only one,...
by Macros the Black
08 Nov 2011, 09:02
Topic: Ubisoft server down, can't play, OMG
Replies: 19
Views: 10994

I can't connect right now either. I can play, but I can't access my saved games, campaign progress, custom heroes, dynasty rewards, etc. etc. So basically, yeah you can play but you're still better off waiting for it to come back up.......
by Macros the Black
05 Nov 2011, 12:28
Topic: Looking back at M&M games (7-8) and their classes
Replies: 15
Views: 8450

If we are only talking about late game OP stuff only, then I'd take an archer with lvl 60 bow and hire a fallen wizard. But there are no items that add to your Bow skill, and armsmaster doesn't effect bow weapons, so you have to spend a lot more skill points to get the bow to a point where it can d...
by Macros the Black
05 Nov 2011, 12:01
Topic: Faction analysis: Necropolis
Replies: 26
Views: 14087

Would you guys say it might be a good idea to cast rush/life drain on Ghouls the first turn and move them into the enemy ranks? Their damage reduction and increased damage against living targets seems to make them the unit of choice for an early assault. Then move in your lamasu's and vampires when ...

Go to advanced search