Search found 941 matches

by XEL II
Sep 7 2012, 8:18
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Every year i am replaying this particular H3 campaign..
Replies: 13
Views: 16015

Re: Every year i am replaying this particular H3 campaign..

Mn wrote:My liked MM3 campaign is "Eternal Love" by Hans C. - try to play it

HoMM3.
by XEL II
Aug 27 2012, 5:25
Forum: News
Topic: JVC Q&A at RPG Codex
Replies: 5
Views: 1696

mr.hackcrag wrote:How come they didn't talk about HoMM :( I'm curious what JVC's thinks about current state of MM and Heroes especially since he wanted to make MM online and now Ubi is doing it.

I'm 100% sure that is not what he wanted. He wanted o make an MMORPG, not two cash-cow browser strategies.
by XEL II
Aug 27 2012, 5:22
Topic: DLC 2: Danse Macabre Announced
Replies: 29
Views: 10320

Avonu wrote:Artifact sets were in Armageddon's Blade (hidden but hidden but they were).

They were only present if you play an AB version map in SoD, i.e you can't place any SoD features on the map, but if you collect all the components for an artifact set, you'll be given choice to compose it.
by XEL II
Aug 14 2012, 13:14
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Lore timeline
Replies: 9
Views: 4156

Bad naming for this book, because in no way is Ashan "The world of Might and Magic".
by XEL II
Aug 8 2012, 14:08
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!
Replies: 658
Views: 201113

Great work! Btw, haven't you considered tying the storyline into the canonical Might and Magic world? Would be very nice.
by XEL II
Aug 2 2012, 13:47
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: The Kreegan
Replies: 101
Views: 36647

tress wrote:not to mention that MM never was too consistent lore wise anyway

It actually was quite consistent in that regard, however, there areindeed some inconsistencies (thankfully rather minor) in the games released in the period when JVC wasn't heading the development, particulary Heroes Chronicles.
by XEL II
Jul 30 2012, 23:30
Topic: Poll: H6 Expansion or H7?
Replies: 80
Views: 18992

Might and Magic X.
by XEL II
Jul 30 2012, 22:00

Actually, "all the landmasses" weren't created by the Elementals. Enroth was created by the four Elemental Lords, Land of Cron was also made by Elementals, and the Ancients used the Elementals during the creation of the VARNs intended for Terra (and seemingly some other experiments). But n...
by XEL II
Jul 30 2012, 0:20

Well, at least they don't blow the planets up, like a certain someone. But even Escaton doesn't always just blow planets up, like in the case of Enroth. That said, it makes me wonder what happens to the elemental planes connected to Kreegan-infested planets... Nothing, the Planes are alternate dime...
by XEL II
Jul 30 2012, 0:16
Topic: Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)
Replies: 213
Views: 86551

Yeah, I somehow missed that part, thanks for pointing it out. Anyway, I think Enroth is still larger than Antagarich, but not much.
by XEL II
Jul 29 2012, 14:00

But Antagarich is indeed quite big, having quite large territories, etc. It doesn't have to be very close in size to Enroth, but saying it's 1/3 or 1/4 of Enroth is a bit of a stretch.
by XEL II
Jul 29 2012, 13:44

Erathian kingdoms are indeed quite small compared to the huge Enroth, occuoying the whole planet's largest continents. Plus, they are quite numerous. And the actual information on the size is in the "second major continent" part :)
by XEL II
Jul 29 2012, 13:36

In the case of the Kreegan, "destroy" and "eat/infest" are indeed synonymous. The planets their conquer are ravaged wasteland, barely lifeless and ruined. That is what we see on planets like Fiery Realm and Fiery Moon (if they aren't one and the same, which I think they are). The...
by XEL II
Jul 29 2012, 13:29

Battle of Edenbrook The village of Edenbrook wouldn't be around these days if it weren't for King Roland and his men. They saved it from a horde of devils a little while back. Sweet Water Pass "Though powerful, the devils are far from invincible. King Roland fought and won a battle at Sweet Wa...
by XEL II
Jul 28 2012, 22:04

Well, that advances my point even further, we don't even have that much as hard canon, so anything built even on these statements is stepping into speculation territory. You're kinda right, I guess. There is definitive canon regarding the Ancients and their experiments, seedships, etc., as well as ...
by XEL II
Jul 28 2012, 19:45

Just one minor thing, the Ancients don't generally create Nacelles by manipulating the Planes. We know that four Terran VARNs (a.k.a. the Isles of Terra) were made with the involvement of Elemental Planes. And probably the Ancients were behin the Elementals creating the Land of Cron (not the whole w...
by XEL II
Jul 26 2012, 15:49

Just like Avonu, I give up. That's not a concession, mind, you, but just like him, I can see that you continuously ignore all the canonical facts and valid responses to your claims, instead distorting them to match your own Might and Magic universe.
by XEL II
Jul 26 2012, 12:22

And the devils in Chronicles are obviously the same as the devils in Heroes III They are not. The fact that Infernos are used to depict the Underworld Demons in CotU is just part of the game mechanics. Chronicles were msotly working with resources from SoD, not introducing any new gameplay elements...
by XEL II
Jul 26 2012, 12:18

On those pictures from the Chronicles are Underworld Demons, just native Enrothian monsters from the Underworld (deep caves and tunnels under Erathia). Demons are nothing new to the Might and Magic series, they hamve made appearances long before Kreegans. And yes, Kreegan "devils" from HoM...
by XEL II
Jul 24 2012, 17:11

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj486/Cliffracerslayer/KreeganNature1.jpg This picture only serves to show that 7th level Devils from Inferno are quite similar to Kreegans first shown in MM6 in complexion (especially the overall body structure, legs, eyes). The environment pictured here isn't &...

Go to advanced search