Search found 103 matches

by blizzardboy
12 Jun 2008, 00:31
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Best level 5 spell
Replies: 53
Views: 20501

Puppet master. It's so powerful that everytime you cast it, a baby kitten dies.

Armageddon for a close 2nd just because you can cheese it up with wizards or runemages.
by blizzardboy
12 Jun 2008, 00:28
Topic: Best level 3 spell
Replies: 24
Views: 11486

Mass Confusion is teh suxs (on the receiving end). Wicked spell. Best 3rd overall.
by blizzardboy
12 Jun 2008, 00:23
Topic: Best level 4 spell
Replies: 18
Views: 7591

Teleportation baby. You don't mess with Teleport Assault. No fear of it being resisted/cleansed/banished etc... Where you want them, you get them. End of story.
by blizzardboy
11 Jun 2008, 18:40
Topic: Whats your favorite skill?
Replies: 28
Views: 12632

1) Retributive Strike. Just kidding. This skill sucks. Moving on. 1) Divine Guidance. It is an incredibly useful skill early on for fighting monsters, and it continues to be good up until the final confrontation with your opponent. I'm addicted to it. 2) Dark Revelation. If you don't like your optio...
by blizzardboy
11 Jun 2008, 18:05
Topic: Thoughts on Luck?
Replies: 8
Views: 4871

Thoughts on Luck?

How often do you guys use the luck skill? I don't pick it very often unless I want magic resistance or if I'm specifically going for one of the good extras (warlock's luck, etc.). I often times find my main hero already charged up on luck from artifact modifiers and from one-time boosts for the figh...
by blizzardboy
05 Jun 2008, 16:13
Topic: Battle Mages and other useless troops...
Replies: 31
Views: 14179

Agreed. I don’t see why we should even be taking a rare artifact like Unicorn’s Bow into account when it comes to unit balance. It’s a rare artifact, which means you’re rarely going to see it, and you’re almost never going to see it in any of the common pvp maps.
by blizzardboy
04 Jun 2008, 03:26

If we want to talk about now useless units, let's talk about the Marksmen. You're looking at a choice between the crossbowman with the no range penalty, or the marksmen with precise shot. Precise shot can make the marksmen do some pretty amazing damage up close, but come on, who wouldn't rather have...
by blizzardboy
02 Jun 2008, 19:12

Battlemages are good if you're fighting a highly magic resistance enemy hero. Plus if it's a long game and you can't really afford to keep your archmages in multiple stacks anymore, it can be nice to have Battlemages for their better attack even if their spellbook is poor. I don't play Necromancer p...
by blizzardboy
27 May 2008, 05:06
Topic: Advice on Dark Magic
Replies: 3
Views: 1961

Advice on Dark Magic

So fighting a high level dark magic enemy is a mystery to me. I can pretty much handle opponents of every other magic, but I'm not sure what to do about dark magic. If your opponent has the Puppet Master spell, and is strong enough to take control of any stack on the board, what do I do about it?
by blizzardboy
23 May 2008, 12:35
Topic: I used Ellaine as my main hero, and it was good
Replies: 0
Views: 1797

I used Ellaine as my main hero, and it was good

So anyway, I always liked Ellaine the most, just because she's a curly haired brunet woman and she wears purple; which is my favorite color. Plus she has a nice and heartwarming profile. But I never used her other than as a garrison hero because I thought, "She's a peasant hero? What a load of ...
by blizzardboy
21 May 2008, 18:53
Topic: Funeral: Sprites
Replies: 4
Views: 2594

Funeral: Sprites

These little ladies are a free funeral for your early creeping force if you get stuck with them in front of your ore or lumber. Even stalkers or assassins are a better unit to get in front of your ore or lumber than these. At least with stalkers you can always make a wall to protect your ranged, and...
by blizzardboy
19 May 2008, 21:44
Topic: Demons look like Baboons?
Replies: 3
Views: 3034

Demons look like Baboons?

So I was fighting this Russian guy online, and he chose Inferno. And while I was sitting there being slaughtered, I noticed something. Demons have huge shiny red asses. I mean did you guys ever actually see a close up picture of them? Those cheeks are huge. They basically look like a head-to-toe bal...
by blizzardboy
19 May 2008, 20:42
Topic: How do I counter Haggash?
Views: 3554

PhoenixReborn wrote:Not to mention you could find a different opponent.
Well, I guess I could always just pick a different faction or quit the game if I see a Russian playing Haggash. But I don't really look at that as a good counter.
by blizzardboy
19 May 2008, 20:40
Topic: How do I counter Haggash?
Views: 3554

Elvin wrote:No offense but learn to play
These aren't your everyday orc rabble. These are Russians. Their shields are broad and their armor thick.
by blizzardboy
19 May 2008, 20:18
Topic: Should Aramageedon be removed in Heroes 6?
Replies: 14
Views: 6959

Leave squires and peasants out, dive with griffons and throw everything you have against him, maybe light magic/sorcery based hero with mass haste, with him being wizard he shouldn`t have much spellpower. Magic resistance would help also. And maybe less hate for russians? They are nice people, well...
by blizzardboy
19 May 2008, 20:09
Topic: Time waster: Russians
Replies: 6
Views: 3035

Maybe you could learn to counter their strategy instead of opening multiple threads to whine about it. This is the most absurd advice I have ever heard. What purpose do game forums have other than venting?? I am not aware. Kristo Moderator I take that back. You, sir, are a wise man. I will take wha...
by blizzardboy
19 May 2008, 05:43
Topic: It all comes down to the first big battle?
Replies: 12
Views: 4346

Yea, that's what I noticed. But that's just how the games works. Back when Heroes 2 was around, I don't think they ever planned on this really being much of a multiplayer game. Occasionally it doesn't work that way. If the battle is close enough, you can retreat or surrender and the enemy will be br...
by blizzardboy
19 May 2008, 05:35
Topic: Where are we now?
Views: 5055

Heroes 6: The Invasion of the Red Army. It's going to be developed by a group of 30 year old Russian males who haven't stood up from their computer chairs since they were 16. There's going to be 9 factions. Haven Academy Inferno Sylvan Necropolis Dungeon Stronghold Fortress Kremlin The Kremlin facti...
by blizzardboy
19 May 2008, 04:58
Topic: Best level 1 unit
Replies: 23
Views: 9929

If you have Ellaine as a garrison hero, as far as I'm concerned, 2gp earning per day peasants are the best tier 1 unit. With a castle pumping out 50 at the start of the week, that's 100gp a day forever. It doesn't take long before it's like having an extra gold mine. And the longer the game, the mor...
by blizzardboy
19 May 2008, 03:01
Topic: Should Aramageedon be removed in Heroes 6?
Views: 6959

Should Aramageedon be removed in Heroes 6?

So I was fighting this 30 year old girlfriendless Russian male who spends his nights studying every aspect of the game and then slaughtering kids. And he stuck nothing but magnetic golems and gargoyles in his army then armageddoned me nonstop. Is there anyway to counter this other than kicking all R...

Go to advanced search