Search found 103 matches

by blizzardboy
18 Aug 2008, 00:11
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Was anybody else disappointed with the Barbarian faction?
Replies: 47
Views: 13762

That is the reason why they are special and why Ime and so many others enjoy them in the first place. The problem with them is that in lategame you NEED dark against them as they are unbalanced, also lack of alternative effective builds rather than flaming ballista. Otherwise they are a fun and uni...
by blizzardboy
17 Aug 2008, 22:33
Topic: Was anybody else disappointed with the Barbarian faction?
Replies: 47
Views: 13762

Was anybody else disappointed with the Barbarian faction?

Back in Heroes 3, and even Heroes 2, I liked the Barbarian faction and thought it was lots of fun. But Heroes 4 kind of made the Barbarian faction sort of the red-headed step child of heroes. The other 5 factions had their fair share of commonalities, but the Might faction was completely different t...
by blizzardboy
17 Aug 2008, 20:22
Topic: The Haven Skill Options Kind of Lame
Replies: 23
Views: 4598

Yeah, and that’s why they have Druids. Oh yea... I guess I tested imbue ballista back before there was ToE... Ouch. No, the hero doesn't stop taking turns with it. Imbue arrow/rain of arrows continues to work, so if you're good at planning favored enemies, it can be as many as 6 casts per round. An...
by blizzardboy
17 Aug 2008, 19:43

I have only one question. How can anyone's ballista compare to imbue/tripple/burning arrows? Throw in destructive/channeling/enlightenment/rain of arrows and your hero and ballista together can be doing 20k/turn easy. Imbuing chain lightning or meteor shower is just ridiculous. Easily 2-3x the dama...
by blizzardboy
17 Aug 2008, 05:56

Are you serious? Apart from orcs and dwarves(that used to have many unique skills before tote) all factions have 2-3 unique perks so I don't get your point. I guess 2 unique specs isn't that bad. But when I click on the different factions skill wheels, knight looks sparse compared to some of the ot...
by blizzardboy
16 Aug 2008, 00:57

The Haven Skill Options Kind of Lame

Did anybody notice that Haven's skill options are kind of lame? They only have 2 unique skills that I see: Fallen Knight and Guardian angel. Aside from that they have a tendency to have less skills to pick from in general. If they ever make a version update for 3.0, they should toss in a few differe...
by blizzardboy
15 Aug 2008, 02:44
Topic: Favorite Skills
Replies: 9
Views: 3774

Although deep down I grudgingly admit that luck is a powerful skill, I don't like to use it, so it's not on the top of my list. It depends on the faction and the hero build you are going for, but for Haven, which is my favored faction, I like Leadership and Attack big time. They open up to Divine Gu...
by blizzardboy
05 Aug 2008, 22:31
Topic: I am a Heroes noob I have a question.
Replies: 35
Views: 7564

The spirit of the game is not to have stacks of one peasant. That is all that need be said. Heroes should be like Ultimate Frisbee, and be played by the spirit of the game, not by however the heck you can abuse the game to make it not fun because 50 marksman and 10 peasants just killed 20 dragons i...
by blizzardboy
05 Aug 2008, 19:43
Topic: I am a Heroes noob I have a question.
Replies: 35
Views: 7564

There's no such thing as "cheese tactics" or "cheese strategy" unless it can't be countered. The whole point of a strategy game is that you are suppose to think and act strategically. Sure, if you think of it in terms of strict realism, it doesn't make any sense that 100 paladins...
by blizzardboy
05 Aug 2008, 19:21
Topic: Best level 4 unit
Replies: 83
Views: 16626

Wow this is a tough poll. A lot of really good tier 4 units. I went with the succubus. She's a solid ranged unit and the damage bounce is really sweet too. Top that off with ranged retaliation to discourage enemy ranged units from shooting her, or at least to make them pay for doing it. I can unders...
by blizzardboy
05 Aug 2008, 19:15
Topic: Best level 3 unit
Replies: 12
Views: 3585

Arcane archers/ hunters would take a commanding #1 spot, followed by squires because of shield other, which is awesome for range protection. I never understood what was so great about vindicators. Shield other is superior in every way and I like their higher defense period since your crossbowmen are...
by blizzardboy
10 Jul 2008, 02:03
Topic: Where'd the halflings go?
Replies: 26
Views: 5888

A halfling faction would be cool. They could be a neutral faction of trickery and thievery. Tier 1: Slinger (ranged) Tier 2: Stag Beetle Rider (melee/large) Tier 3: Serpentfly/Dragonfly (flyer) Tier 4: Swashbuckler (melee chain-fighter with reach attack) Tier 5: Satyr (melee/caster) Tier 6: Bard (ra...
by blizzardboy
09 Jul 2008, 14:37
Topic: Where'd the halflings go?
Replies: 26
Views: 5888

Where'd the halflings go?

Whatever happened to the halflings anyway? They aren't in Heroes 5 at all :(. I noticed that the Heroes 5 factions are becoming more race oriented than ideology oriented; Haven is all human, Fortress is all dwarf, Sylvan is all elf. Halflings didn't have anywhere to be stuck perfectly, though I thin...
by blizzardboy
19 Jun 2008, 05:45
Topic: I'm glad Death Knights aren't buildable
Replies: 9
Views: 5238

I'm glad Death Knights aren't buildable

I'm really glad these guys can't be built at necropoli. There was 1 death knight. 1. He got deadly strike and killed 135 peasants. It ended the game for me. Can somebody explain deadly strike to me? I knew what it did in Heroes 3, but it obviously does something different in this game because I'm no...
by blizzardboy
12 Jun 2008, 04:25
Topic: Haven creature choices
Replies: 29
Views: 19941

1. Conscripts. Shield Bash will prevent the counterattack that will kill lots of the low hp conscripts. Unless you're using the deadly Ellaine, in which case Brutes are good for assault to wipe out more stuff (if even necessary), and they can take hits well enough to be counterattacked without cring...
by blizzardboy
12 Jun 2008, 02:25
Topic: Luck and Attack
Replies: 24
Views: 12622

Might as well add my own two cents. I agree with the people who are saying that Luck and Attack are balanced. Luck may have more damage potential, but alot of it gets wasted because you don't usually attack a stack with your unit unless you know that you can decrease the stack's numbers enough so t...
by blizzardboy
12 Jun 2008, 01:50

I'm not sure what you mean by "wasted". Do you mean it can easily go over 5? That might be true, but by the time I get a lot of Luck-boosting artifacts, I also find a lot of other artifacts that I can equip instead. Luck is, by definition, random, which is why we use the word "averag...
by blizzardboy
12 Jun 2008, 01:22

Luck is capped out at 5. Modifiers to increase your attack are infinite. If you are preparing for the final confrontation with the enemy hero, you're going to be stopping at all the nearby one-time boost spots; and fountains of fortune/idols of fortune/etc. are common on any map, especially near tow...
by blizzardboy
12 Jun 2008, 00:54
Topic: Why hasn't HOMM series won many more fans?
Replies: 45
Views: 18731

It doesn't matter how good Heroes is, or how good Heroes 6 will be. The game will do decently, but it's not going to be a major hit simply because it's a turn based strategy game. FPS's, MMO'S, and RTS's are popular for kids and work well as an online game. This is a slow-paced, turned based strateg...
by blizzardboy
12 Jun 2008, 00:37
Topic: All around worst hero?
Views: 12791

Blasphemy. Ellaine is a wonderful young lady. She brings in extra money for you (something Haven never has enough of), and yes, you DO notice those bonuses with the huge mass of brutes/conscripts in the final fight. What they touch; they kill. And aside from those two things, she has a quick set up ...

Go to advanced search