Search found 213 matches

by BB Shockwave
13 Oct 2016, 05:07
Forum: News
Topic: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?
Replies: 64
Views: 34449

Re: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?

I used to be on this like with Star Trek, that "any Trek is better than no Trek". But while I tolerated Enterprise for 4 seasons, barely, I could not do so for Heroes since Ubi took over. That me, a hardcore HOMM fan, never finished the walkthroughs of Heroes V, and barely played VI and VI...
by BB Shockwave
13 Oct 2016, 05:04
Topic: Heroes VII. - Development cancelled
Replies: 23
Views: 14876

Re: Heroes VII. - Development cancelled

Well, time to break out the champagne! :D I think it speaks MILES about how terrible the game is that they are selling it for 20 EURs now (while XCOM2, released around the same time, is still at 60 EUR) and even so they cannot sell it. And to cancel the support right after the expansion is released?...
by BB Shockwave
24 May 2016, 04:54
Topic: H7 Expansion Post-poned
Replies: 8
Views: 5515

Re: H7 Expansion Post-poned

I guess even Ubi knows they will need more time to work out the bugs. Not that I care, won't even try this one. Sadly we have gotten where a new Heroes game as news won't excite me, even. :tsdown:
by BB Shockwave
11 May 2016, 22:40
Topic: Fortress Lineup
Replies: 22
Views: 20133

Re: Fortress Lineup

And they pretty much stole the design of the fire giants from D&D - right down to their dwarf-like build, black skin, and flaming hair and beard. Does Ubi have no shame... and also no respect of copyright? Even Pathfinder redesigned their fire giants to have deep red skin instead. https://ubista...
by BB Shockwave
11 May 2016, 22:36

https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0004/prod/images/160505_Lineup/PIC_creature_fortress_valkyrie_artwork_large_Sketch.jpg They just HAD to include some scantly-clad, supermodel-bodied female creature in the lineup. If we go by dwarves,and them being the angels carrying their dead to the afterlife, wou...
by BB Shockwave
11 May 2016, 22:32

https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0004/prod/images/160505_Lineup/PIC_creature_fortress_defender_upg_artwork_large.jpg They could have TRIED and not make his beard and helmet look totally like Gimli's. Then again, what do I expect, originality from Ubisoft? Assassin's Creed white-cloaked dude is just ...
by BB Shockwave
11 May 2016, 22:29

Nival's legacy barely lives. Lol, what about NWC's legacy? You know, the dudes who created the freaking game. At this point I feel apart from a few old timers like us, no-one remembers. I'd gladly kickstart someone doing an old-style Heroes game, they can name it differently, but they could use Enr...
by BB Shockwave
11 May 2016, 22:25

Also, seriously? the Red dragon, which was always a precursor of the black, is now... a DWARVEN unit?!? WUT? Also, a HUMAN valkyrie, and a fire giant, in a dwarven town. I am glad they are not boring 50 shades of Dwarf again like in HOMMV, mind you, but these are some rather odd choices. I hope the ...
by BB Shockwave
11 May 2016, 22:23

Also, I do hope this means Bill Murray will be a playeable dwarven hero, cursed to repeat the same level, same turn, over and over again. At least that'd make this funny.
by BB Shockwave
11 May 2016, 22:15

No, not hamsters... I think they are anthro groundhogs. Seriously, of all the stupid misinterpretations of kobolds, this is the WORST. Even worse then some anime where they became gnolls/werewolves. That said, it's not as if I was looking forward to the town of all-dwarves that stole the name of my ...
by BB Shockwave
28 Apr 2016, 05:48
Topic: H7 Expansion, Fortress Announced
Replies: 20
Views: 12706

Re: H7 Expansion, Fortress Announced

Also, wow that Dwarven town... Hey Ubi, Bioware called, they want their Dragon Age Origins Orzammar designs back.
by BB Shockwave
28 Apr 2016, 05:46
Topic: H7 Expansion, Fortress Announced
Replies: 20
Views: 12706

Re: H7 Expansion, Fortress Announced

Given the absymal sales of the game, I am surprised they bother with this. Guess Ubi has money to waste.
Big pass, much like in H5 I hated this all-dwarf town. Borrrring. Gimme back my cool H3 Fortress or bust.
by BB Shockwave
15 Apr 2016, 22:12
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Want to make some H7 walkthroughs?
Replies: 19
Views: 10084

Re: Want to make some H7 walkthroughs?

Well, good luck with that... :tongue: I think this game will go the way of Temple of Elemental Evil. That too got pushed out months in advance, and it took the company almost a year to make it stable. They went bankrupt by then... That pretty much happened to Heroes 6. Remember? The original develo...
by BB Shockwave
15 Apr 2016, 22:09
Topic: H7 1.5 Announced
Replies: 43
Views: 19062

Re: H7 1.5 Announced

You're quite safe, it's fairly playable. But a couple more patches will be needed before it shines. Stacraft 2 Legacy of the Void was fully playable the day after it launched. No hangs, no loss of savegames, no settings mysteriously changed. Smooth and lovely gaming without issues. For Ubisoft the ...
by BB Shockwave
15 Apr 2016, 22:06
Topic: Heroes 7 Review v1.7 and campaign walkthroughs
Replies: 41
Views: 57423

Re: Heroes 7 Review v1.7 and campaign walkthroughs

To think that we have come to THIS. If I went back in time and told my university-student self who was playing HOMMIII and later IV all day for months that a time will come when three new Heroes games will be out and I would want to play with them less and less every edition, until a total disintere...
by BB Shockwave
20 Jan 2016, 23:36
Topic: JVC's Creature Quest
Replies: 11
Views: 7255

Re: JVC's Creature Quest

Another CARD game? IOS and Android is full of them. And this one has no animation even, just nice drawings and flashy effects.... I am sorry, but y'know, I want my game I play on a handheld computer to have actual GRAPHICS. These things can handle 3D animation these days! And yet half of the online ...
by BB Shockwave
20 Nov 2015, 06:55
Topic: H7 1.5 Announced
Replies: 43
Views: 19062

Re: H7 1.5 Announced

New neutrals? They are just putting in some H6 models. This is ridiculous.
No wonder the game is already discounted here in Hungary down to 8000 HUF - ONE month after its release it was already discounted. I have never seen that happen before...
by BB Shockwave
18 Oct 2015, 22:46
Topic: Want to make some H7 walkthroughs?
Replies: 19
Views: 10084

Re: Want to make some H7 walkthroughs?

Well, good luck with that... :tongue: I think this game will go the way of Temple of Elemental Evil. That too got pushed out months in advance, and it took the company almost a year to make it stable. They went bankrupt by then...
by BB Shockwave
18 Oct 2015, 22:44
Topic: If you could give the Might & Magic IP to any company...
Replies: 24
Views: 13245

Re: If you could give the Might & Magic IP to any company...

I did not know about that 2009 game - just the latter ones and those were RPGs. At any rate, I see it is a DS game, and developing a PC game is quite a different thing (especially when it comes to controls) - Skyrim is a good (I mean, bad) example of just what a mess a skill/inventory system becomes...
by BB Shockwave
18 Oct 2015, 22:40
Topic: How did my campaign hero get warpath?
Replies: 6
Views: 5132

Re: How did my campaign hero get warpath?

Yes, I found this too in the Haven campaign. I did not know this was a HeroesV skill, only noticed that my hero could move further after defeating an enemy army (or even if they ran away) - frankly this must be a bug, as there is no such skill.

Go to advanced search