Search found 203 matches

by BB Shockwave
Jan 30 2017, 0:02
Forum: News
Topic: JVC's Creature Quest Goes Global Jan 26
Replies: 4
Views: 2713

Re: JVC's Creature Quest Goes Global Jan 26

What platforms is this game for? 'fraid I have no smart phone, only a tablet.
by BB Shockwave
Nov 17 2016, 6:47
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: KB - Ogre Girl
Replies: 10
Views: 4038

Re: KB - Ogre Girl

Argh, THAT game. I never understood this unit or how it goes to the King's Bounty Mythology. Or the really hilarious explanation as to why no-one can attack little girls (not even mindless undead?) and that they put bombs on enemies that explode... I did just check KB forums today to see if they are...
by BB Shockwave
Nov 1 2016, 23:54
Topic: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?
Replies: 64
Views: 18159

Re: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?

In my opinion the change from 2D to 3D was bad, not because 2D is better than 3D but because it was done for all the wrong reasons. I agree there. Compare Age of Wonders III to HOMM5. AOW3's world map and battle maps look exactly like they did when they were 2D in the previous games, they just look...
by BB Shockwave
Nov 1 2016, 23:45

Guys But H3 is still firmly 2D. And 600x800 is a quarter of my monitor. Those guys who are going to spend years remaking the H3 AI, why not modernize and update and improve the look of the game as well? The beautiful game I knew in 1998, is now crude and cartoony 18 years later. I wish someone coul...
by BB Shockwave
Nov 1 2016, 23:39

H7 doesn't seem to have chosen any particular audience Oh yes they chose an audience alright, the people who will blindly pre-order, hopefully it didn't work that well. It worked so "well", they are now selling the game in Hungary bundled with Heroes III HD and Might&Magic X - for a m...
by BB Shockwave
Nov 1 2016, 23:34

@Namerutan It may sound strange but I prefer the H7 way: both things (graphics & AI) on fine level (yes, H7 AI has some big flaws but generally it's not terrible). If I ignore the fact I do not like the graphic style of the game you used as an example of good graphics (H6 & H7 look like bet...
by BB Shockwave
Oct 13 2016, 5:20
Topic: Heroes VII. - Development cancelled
Replies: 23
Views: 8124

Re: Heroes VII. - Development cancelled

Katauri to the rescue. :applause: Hopefully. :S Just hope they give it to the original KB team, not the monkeys who cobbled Warriors of the North and its sequels together... I basically beta-tested that game for them, after an official release. And they haven't made a KB2 still, so I don't know how...
by BB Shockwave
Oct 13 2016, 5:18

Good riddance. Now we just need to get rid of Ubisoft and then get rid of Ashan. Amen! Bring back Enroth and Erathia. Let's pretend Heroes 4 never happened, either. I have no issues with the gameplay, but I hated that they destroyed decades worth of lore in one game and killed important characters ...
by BB Shockwave
Oct 13 2016, 5:13

I doubt there is someone in the high spheres at Ubisoft caring enough for the brand to realize Erwin and his minions are impostors and utterly failed the reboot, especially with 6 and 7 but let's not forget the legal issues with GW 5 had Wait, GW as in Games Workshop? I never heard about that. So, ...
by BB Shockwave
Oct 13 2016, 5:10

This leads to the main problem for the Might and Magic franchise. It caters to a small niche. I don't think there will ever be a big budget Might and Magic game that can recoup the investment. People said the same thing about XCOM, remember? After the terrible knockoff "After..." series, ...
by BB Shockwave
Oct 13 2016, 5:07

I used to be on this like with Star Trek, that "any Trek is better than no Trek". But while I tolerated Enterprise for 4 seasons, barely, I could not do so for Heroes since Ubi took over. That me, a hardcore HOMM fan, never finished the walkthroughs of Heroes V, and barely played VI and VI...
by BB Shockwave
Oct 13 2016, 5:04

Well, time to break out the champagne! :D I think it speaks MILES about how terrible the game is that they are selling it for 20 EURs now (while XCOM2, released around the same time, is still at 60 EUR) and even so they cannot sell it. And to cancel the support right after the expansion is released?...
by BB Shockwave
May 24 2016, 4:54
Topic: H7 Expansion Post-poned
Replies: 8
Views: 3656

Re: H7 Expansion Post-poned

I guess even Ubi knows they will need more time to work out the bugs. Not that I care, won't even try this one. Sadly we have gotten where a new Heroes game as news won't excite me, even. :tsdown:
by BB Shockwave
May 11 2016, 22:40
Topic: Fortress Lineup
Replies: 22
Views: 13774

Re: Fortress Lineup

And they pretty much stole the design of the fire giants from D&D - right down to their dwarf-like build, black skin, and flaming hair and beard. Does Ubi have no shame... and also no respect of copyright? Even Pathfinder redesigned their fire giants to have deep red skin instead. https://ubista...
by BB Shockwave
May 11 2016, 22:36

https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0004/prod/images/160505_Lineup/PIC_creature_fortress_valkyrie_artwork_large_Sketch.jpg They just HAD to include some scantly-clad, supermodel-bodied female creature in the lineup. If we go by dwarves,and them being the angels carrying their dead to the afterlife, wou...
by BB Shockwave
May 11 2016, 22:32

https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0004/prod/images/160505_Lineup/PIC_creature_fortress_defender_upg_artwork_large.jpg They could have TRIED and not make his beard and helmet look totally like Gimli's. Then again, what do I expect, originality from Ubisoft? Assassin's Creed white-cloaked dude is just ...
by BB Shockwave
May 11 2016, 22:29

Nival's legacy barely lives. Lol, what about NWC's legacy? You know, the dudes who created the freaking game. At this point I feel apart from a few old timers like us, no-one remembers. I'd gladly kickstart someone doing an old-style Heroes game, they can name it differently, but they could use Enr...
by BB Shockwave
May 11 2016, 22:25

Also, seriously? the Red dragon, which was always a precursor of the black, is now... a DWARVEN unit?!? WUT? Also, a HUMAN valkyrie, and a fire giant, in a dwarven town. I am glad they are not boring 50 shades of Dwarf again like in HOMMV, mind you, but these are some rather odd choices. I hope the ...
by BB Shockwave
May 11 2016, 22:23

Also, I do hope this means Bill Murray will be a playeable dwarven hero, cursed to repeat the same level, same turn, over and over again. At least that'd make this funny.
by BB Shockwave
May 11 2016, 22:15

No, not hamsters... I think they are anthro groundhogs. Seriously, of all the stupid misinterpretations of kobolds, this is the WORST. Even worse then some anime where they became gnolls/werewolves. That said, it's not as if I was looking forward to the town of all-dwarves that stole the name of my ...

Go to advanced search