Search found 213 matches

by BB Shockwave
16 Feb 2015, 22:32
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: H3HD Adventure Map
Replies: 3
Views: 1904

H3HD Adventure Map

Pffft, and that interview says "the differences are not even noticeable"? Seriously, I played with the fan-made HD mod, the official one beats the heck out that one. Everything is crisp and detailed, you can take out the cracks in the Learning Stone's gem (always thought it was just a gree...
by BB Shockwave
03 Feb 2015, 01:52
Forum: News
Topic: H3 HD Launched
Replies: 42
Views: 18845

H3 HD Launched

Dang. I know they did not have the codes for the expansion, but how hard would it have been to make the updates and patches AB did? I am annoyed that Dragonflies do not cast Weakness on enemies, like in AB... Or how you cannot just hit space to activate an adventure map object without moving. Oh and...
by BB Shockwave
03 Feb 2015, 01:51
Topic: H7 Sea Elf
Replies: 15
Views: 5326

H7 Sea Elf

LOL! Too true. That's because Ubisoft told the art studio way back with HOMMV to emulate WOW and Warhammer as much as they can. Hence the giant shoulderpads or armored vampires armed with swords larger than themselves.
by BB Shockwave
31 Jan 2015, 13:05
Topic: H7 Academy Lineup Wallpaper
Replies: 2
Views: 1950

H7 Academy Lineup Wallpaper

They are all overly ornamented. Titans, gargoyles, golems are machines of war, you don't see baroque-esque golden reliefs on a TANK or Battleship.
by BB Shockwave
31 Jan 2015, 13:03
Topic: Heroes III HD
Replies: 9
Views: 5300

Heroes III HD

Kalah - True! That's why I bought it even though I cannot play with it. Maybe HOMM3 will make people see that the Heroes franchise can be good, unlike what VI was and what most likely VII will be. Maybe we can finally kick Ubisoft enough that they admit they don't know what they are doing and they r...
by BB Shockwave
31 Jan 2015, 13:01
Topic: Heroes III HD
Replies: 9
Views: 5300

Heroes III HD

Pretty neat! Can't wait to try this out. Still angry they could not make this work on XP though.
by BB Shockwave
31 Jan 2015, 13:00
Topic: H7 Haven Town Screen
Replies: 8
Views: 4507

H7 Haven Town Screen

I predict the Haven towns suffer from a lot of deaths caused by people falling down from unnecessarily high bridges and causeways. No railings, see. Maybe they have angels flying around to catch people falling off?
by BB Shockwave
31 Jan 2015, 12:59
Topic: H7 Haven Might Heroes
Replies: 7
Views: 3997

H7 Haven Might Heroes

Boob-cups, of course. Sigh... And they have shown with the female Haven unit that they could do proper female armor right.
by BB Shockwave
31 Jan 2015, 12:58
Topic: H7 Grim Rider
Views: 3564

H7 Grim Rider

MrHackcrag- yeah, and I never liked the Wraith, either. It's silly and over-the-top to basically add the Grim Reaper as a simple unit in your line-up. The HOMM3 Wraiths were so much more eerie by being skeletal things covered in tattered cloaks. The design flaws began in HOMMV already, when everythi...
by BB Shockwave
31 Jan 2015, 12:56
Topic: H7 Grim Rider
Views: 3564

H7 Grim Rider

Looks like something taken from a Saint Seya toyline. Sigh.

I miss the days when the Undead actually were about effectiveness in death-dealing, and not trying to be stylish with their uniform green or purple lighting effects.
by BB Shockwave
31 Jan 2015, 12:55
Topic: H7 Sea Elf
Replies: 15
Views: 5326

H7 Sea Elf

Pirate gypsie elves. 'Cause sure, why not, you could not mess up Heroes any worse after adding D&D-staple dark elves, a whole faction of japanese mythical beings you renamed after an INDIAN mythical being, and aztec orcs. Sigh. Also, sure, we all know a fencer will never wear armor on her abdome...
by BB Shockwave
09 Jan 2015, 21:56
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: The Damage is Already Done
Replies: 258
Views: 365799

HOMMIV is at fault here too, blowing up the old world and adding new and easily forgettable heroes. Gauldroth and Tawni where easily forgettable to you... my condolences i guess. Sorry, I don't even know who they are, and I can remember every HOMMIII hero from Astral to Xenofex. :) Okay, that's a l...
by BB Shockwave
09 Jan 2015, 21:16
Topic: Factions line-up
Replies: 267
Views: 109548

No to mention how friggin' UNORIGINAL they were with Haven. Look at the units - everyone, even crossbowmen - have the same style helment. Since the maps are large, from above every unit will look the same. Heck, the pikeman looks the same as the cavalier, just without a mount. And the wolves... seri...
by BB Shockwave
09 Jan 2015, 21:12
Topic: Heroes of Might & Magic backstory
Replies: 4
Views: 4302

Meh. It can be summed up easily - everyone's a jerk and everyone worships drgaons (for some reason), though the necromancers' dragon is a big spider or something. I miss the days when devils were aliens from a far-away world, when Sandro schemed behind every plot, when genies with mother complexes h...
by BB Shockwave
09 Jan 2015, 20:53
Topic: Fortress vs Sylvan
Replies: 46
Views: 27813

When I first saw this, I thought it was Lizard Fortress. Now that I know what it really is, it just makes me sad. :( Forget about it...too hard to cram pointless nerd pleasing female nudity in Fortress, so it goes against standard Ubi policy :D Tiva would have something to say about that... :D (war...
by BB Shockwave
09 Jan 2015, 20:50
Topic: Fortress vs Sylvan
Replies: 46
Views: 27813

I vote for ORIGINAL Fortress.

Down with boring all-dwarf town, bring back gnolls, lizardmen and their assorted beasties! :D
by BB Shockwave
09 Jan 2015, 20:24
Topic: Heroes III HD Available for Preorder
Replies: 12
Views: 7572

Heroes III HD Available for Preorder

The hell with greedy companies... 15 EUR?!? I can buy the HOMM Complete edition that has the first 3 games with all expansions, for less than 10 EUR. Also, WHY do we Europeans get games more expensive than Americans? 15USD is much less than 15EUR.
by BB Shockwave
16 Nov 2014, 22:17
Topic: Vote for Sylvan Line up
Replies: 23
Views: 17282

The Sylvan never had the Phoenix since HOMMII. IV doesn't count, that was a roasted chicken, not a phoenix. :D

I still say... bring back the Faerie Dragons. They'd make more sense for a Sylvan town, and they are also amazing spell-casting units.
by BB Shockwave
16 Nov 2014, 21:51
Topic: The Damage is Already Done
Replies: 258
Views: 365799

As an old-time fan... I have to say the damage was done with HOMMV already. I actually even like 4 better than V-VI... And rather go back to play III then to finish any of them. Or, better yet... I play King's Bounty - Armored Princess. For me three things killed the franchise: 1: The bloody stupid ...
by BB Shockwave
29 Aug 2012, 19:56
Topic: Have Your Say: The Pirates Story
Replies: 18
Views: 10818

Have Your Say: The Pirates Story

TWO maps for 9.99 EUR? TWO Maps? And I take it there are no new creatures, spells or any other new thing that'd have required a new mesh/model in it? I am sorry, writing could be as great as it can, but I am not spending close to 4000 HUF on this... I could buy a full (older) game from this money. C...

Go to advanced search