Search found 90 matches

by BigThingWithHolesInIt
31 May 2008, 20:02
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Knight
Replies: 33
Views: 22571

It seems to me (though I have never collected any evidence of this) that 7 is the speed from where ground units can be considered "speedy". It's true though that a 2-hex Crusader would be even more deadly in Sorsha's hands.
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
31 May 2008, 19:47
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Cleric
Replies: 30
Views: 18230

Diplomacy is a mixed blessing, in my opinion. You still need A FORCE to get stacks to join, and your Marksmen are no force that will impress opposing forces in game terms. Sure but on the other hand it works cumulatively, one join is usually enough to give your "impressiveness" a substant...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
31 May 2008, 19:13
Topic: Favorite overall faction across all heroes game?
Replies: 62
Views: 22052

GOD yes Conflux sucks. It's so obvious that whoever designed that faction didn't spend quality time researching the balance between the other 8 factions. As if Castle wasn't newbie-friendly enough, damn it. I kept discovering unfair advantages, from the most obviously broken stuff (double 7th level ...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
30 May 2008, 23:25
Topic: Roc/Thunderbird Evolution
Replies: 22
Views: 11971

My vote went to the H3 Thunderbird, one of my favorite units in the game.
H2 is too cartoonesque and H4 looks like Zapdos! Zapdos! Zapdos! (repeated for enhanced shock value)

Whereas the H3 Thunderbirds quite simply roc. And are go.
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
30 May 2008, 21:53
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Heretic
Replies: 18
Views: 11101

@enk&Muszka What you guys say makes perfect sense. I'd like to point out that the small tests I've made so far suggest the same think: magogs seem to be nothing but a "regular" shooter unit with that area effect. Curiously enough, not only does the magog's fireball attack animation cl...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
30 May 2008, 18:56
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Baldur's Gate
Replies: 560
Views: 170416

I think you got hit by a Nishruu after you depleted the poison charges. If a Nishruu eats a charge off an item with no charges, it gets set to 65535 charges...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
30 May 2008, 18:33
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Demoniac
Replies: 31
Views: 14137

Voted Calh here for no convincing reason really. I just like how she makes Magogs as fast as the shooter elite, and faster than Marksmen.
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
30 May 2008, 17:13
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Heretic
Replies: 18
Views: 11101

When I play Inferno - which is not often - I usually pick my heroes on a whim, and let the secondary skill picks I get on the first few level-ups determine my general strategy I picked Zydar because his special (while not all that great) is the most flexible. Can get you heavily guarded artifacts so...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
24 May 2008, 19:40

Loynis was a close second. I'm currently playing the Chronicle where you're a Knight, with Loynis and Sorsha transferring along everytime. Loynis totally owns Tarnum even if the former is at a couple levels lower, just because of Prayer (and the Ballista special is a VERY small bonus comparatively, ...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
23 May 2008, 09:28
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Knight
Replies: 33
Views: 22571

I've always liked Sorsha for some reason. Having Crusaders with 7 speed is really neat, and unlike the other Knights she doesn't look like a pushover.
Valeska, Orrin and Tyris share 2nd place.
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
23 May 2008, 09:22

Picked Adela, for Bless special and Diplomacy.
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
22 May 2008, 09:43
Topic: HoMM III: Best level 3 creature
Replies: 170
Views: 80939

Thanks! :) Again it shows we are playing quite differently, hehe. I don't play Castle a lot but if I do, I build the Griffin Tower before the Monastery. I would also probably handle the Phoenix situation differently but let's not digress. I guess you focus your play more on shooters than I do, and i...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
21 May 2008, 20:44

You shouldn't be moving the Elves at all; if you're doing that something serious has gone wrong. With Dwarves, Dendroids and the Centaur Captains to defend them, it will take time for any non-ranged unit to get through, unless they are the uber-fast Archangel / Phoenix kind that risk the ire of you...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
17 May 2008, 08:17
Topic: HoMM III: Best level 4 creature
Replies: 36
Views: 19193

Vampire Lords, the best one-stack army that does not involve Armageddon.
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
16 May 2008, 10:25

That was referring to big battles that last 4+ rounds, when the opposition army is beefy and led by a good hero. It's clear your Elves are eventually going to be engaged here and there's not much you can (or want to) do about it. The only thing you can do is move them away from the unit that has str...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
15 May 2008, 15:20
Topic: HoMM III: Best level 2 creature
Replies: 67
Views: 23900

Voted Marksmen, but they have the Archangels to thank for that. Every Archangel will resurrect 10 Marksmen once per battle, which prevents the stack getting chafed down during long voyages, like with Grand Elves and Wolf Raiders. The runners up were Harpy Hags (but they are the only flying unit that...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
15 May 2008, 11:41
Topic: HoMM debates
Replies: 9
Views: 3388

Yeah me too. There are few games that are this much fun to debate over.
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
15 May 2008, 11:35

Well there are offensive races and there are defensive races, as well as races that are a mixture of both. For example, if you play Stronghold you are almost forced to play offensively (in spite of having the game's second strongest ranged creature, chances are you won't have many of them) and so y...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
15 May 2008, 10:58
Topic: HoMM III: Best level 1 creature
Replies: 113
Views: 45721

For me this sort of ties between Centaur Captain and Skeleton Warrior. First of all it makes no sense to leave Necromancy out of the equation. Of course it's not like they clone themselves, so technically it may be no feat of theirs, but it's not like you would be having them in your army if you wer...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
14 May 2008, 23:49
Topic: H3 - Game Notes - Not so known facts.
Replies: 150
Views: 65775

I'm glad to report that I can sort of relate to Yurian Stonebow's intriguing story, because a week or so ago I was playing a game where an armyless hero showed up as well. The AI was using her (it was Gird) as a scout, and when I engaged her I won instantly. I don't know what happened there, but it'...

Go to advanced search