Search found 90 matches

by BigThingWithHolesInIt
05 Jun 2008, 13:11
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Barbarian
Replies: 69
Views: 34825

@ Yurian I may not know you well enough to get away with this, but I think you should do yourself a favor and don't waste energy on defending a right that is not being violated. No one says you shouldn't like a hero who comes with one skill on Advanced better than any other. The whole point is that ...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
05 Jun 2008, 00:40

Long ago someone told me that only the unmodified damage is doubled. I don't know if that's actually true. If it is though, Luck is pretty useless for a Barbarian.
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
04 Jun 2008, 22:19

On a more on-topic note though, I fired up the Hack and Slash campaign (SoD) again and look how Hack is turning out! Three magic schools and still two slots left! Seems like a good illustration of what JJ was saying. Fire magic is pretty much wasted on someone who doesn't have decent amounts of man...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
04 Jun 2008, 20:04
Topic: Heroes III Sound Fix
Replies: 74
Views: 116949

Ok, just wanted to make sure. :)

I'll try changing it but not right now, probably tomorrow. *sigh* Still thanking you both for trying to resolve the issue!
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
04 Jun 2008, 19:46

Okay but what will that do exactly? Because I'd rather not change my entire system to English. I can read English books and all but once my comp starts making errors I'd rather hear them in my native language. So that's why I ask if it could actually solve anything with it... ;|
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
04 Jun 2008, 19:41
Topic: Troll Evolution
Replies: 21
Views: 11998

Heh apparently I voted on this one a big while ago, I can't be sure but I think it was the H1 one because it brings a smile to my face.
I like them all, though, except the H3 one. Its colors are too fancy and that belly... I just don't buy it.
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
04 Jun 2008, 19:37

See? Windows adds one or two lines under each filename, but fails to do so with the .dll from the fix. Could there be a conflict there? No. Don't let yourself to be distracted by this. It's meaningless anyway. Heh, ok I thought as much but you never know, right? At least I don't. Can you change you...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
04 Jun 2008, 18:52

So to summarize, Hero with two good skills > hero with one good skill on Advanced > hero with one good and one bad skill > hero with a bad skill on Advanced > hero with two bad skills Or: Cyra > Astral > Serena > Thane > Piquedram On a more on-topic note though, I fired up the Hack and Slash campaig...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
04 Jun 2008, 18:29

Well. I've tried it all and still no luck. Those other two dll's are now both in the game's directory and in windows/system32. Rebooted to make sure. I forgot to mention that I have the Chronicles as well. *** . I noticed something else that's odd though. http://www.geocities.com/ziektekiemen/heroes...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
03 Jun 2008, 19:57

Oh my... I don't know how I didn't think of this earlier, but actually just doing a google search on the error code you gave in your first post (0xc01500002) gave plenty of results. It is now very likely that the problem is caused by a missing dll. If the redistributable package I posted previously...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
03 Jun 2008, 13:46

Sent you an e-mail.

Again no luck with the new dll from the above post - it keeps giving me the same error message...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
03 Jun 2008, 11:35

Since the error message is the same with an incorrectly renamed file, the problem must be somewhere with the loading of the old dll. Maybe you have a different version of that file, or the dll forwarding technique that I used doesn't work on your system for some reason... Anyway, I've uploaded a pa...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
03 Jun 2008, 09:44

It's an advantage over Shiva who has a 100% chance at a crappy skill.
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
03 Jun 2008, 09:40

Thanks for the support guys, I rather hope we can work this one out. Strange... I don't think the problem is with the incorrect renaming, because that gives me a different error message (you could try it as well though, to see if it gives you a different error as well). Ok I tried renaming it to mss...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
02 Jun 2008, 20:40

Let me explain better. :) The first time, I stupidly followed the instructions for when you had already downloaded a previous version of the fix. So, I simply replaced the original mss32.dll with the one from the fix. I realized my mistake seconds later. The only way I knew to get my old mss32.dll b...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
02 Jun 2008, 19:53

Yeah no I did it with and without caps, furthermore as I said I followed the instructions carefully.
That is, after I screwed it up first and had to do a System Restore to get the original file back ;|
I can't imagine that being the problem though, because the original file works as it should...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
02 Jun 2008, 16:47

I tried installing this fix several times (followed the instructions exactly) but when I try to run the game it says it is unable to initialize the tool (translated from Dutch), mentioning 0xc01500002 between brackets.
Anyone know what gives?
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
02 Jun 2008, 16:35
Topic: Roc/Thunderbird Evolution
Replies: 22
Views: 11966

Is it actually made of lightning though? I mean, the lightning strikes come from the sky, not from its body. The beak appears to be charged but I always figured it was just a bird of prey with a weird elemental connection? It also leaves a corpse. I agree nevertheless that it would be cool if they w...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
01 Jun 2008, 23:00
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Battle Mage
Replies: 17
Views: 13538

Zubin and Oris are the only Battle Mages I'd prefer a Barbarian over. Subpar specials and starting skills. Zubin should lead a Tower army. Gird depends, but I find myself casting a lot of Lightning Bolts when I'm playing Stronghold, so there's that. Does Sorcery have an effect on the T-birds special...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
01 Jun 2008, 22:27

Ballistas (like all War Machines) are also a liability though, what with fighting Liches and Magogs, and Meteor Showers (that the AI will be much less likely to cast when it can hit two targets max). I like Hack much better - the damage increase per battle round will generally be higher with him any...

Go to advanced search