Search found 100 matches

by magnomagus
11 Feb 2008, 12:40
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Proposals for next patch
Replies: 49
Views: 12329

I don't see how it is useful except in battles against mages, which is extremely limited. It's inferior to the Energy Channel of the Archmage, too. It is now clear to me that you don't understand how the damper ability works. It doesn't protect against spelldamage or any damage done by enemy heroes...
by magnomagus
11 Feb 2008, 09:49
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Looking for the following commands
Replies: 1
Views: 1535

These things are not done by mapmaking but modding. Visit this forum to find plenty of tutorials about the basics of modding (packing, unpacking, installing, editing xdb files): http://heroescommunity.com/forumdisplay.php3?FID=18 After you understand the basics, you will need to find and edit the fo...
by magnomagus
11 Feb 2008, 09:31
Topic: Proposals for next patch
Replies: 49
Views: 12329

I think the fleeing and the performance of the Ai are top priorities. For balance i would like to see the invisibililty changed, Although I haven't got a good idea how. Also the jump distance from the horned leapers could be a little shorter (if the horned demons are unchanged) I don't understand wh...
by magnomagus
11 Feb 2008, 09:25
Topic: Tutorial for creating reflective waters
Replies: 2
Views: 1659

Thanks for the reply. You made some very good maps recently. I have to say on the vision quest map you did quite well without this future.
by magnomagus
11 Feb 2008, 09:06
Topic: The ultimate powergaming thread
Replies: 3
Views: 1884

What are the nice mods to get more units, more experience, develop your favourite skill set faster? Since Nival rebalanced the ultimate skill path, there are no such mods created after Toe, because in most cases the simply destroy they balance of the game. If you are looking for a balanced increase...
by magnomagus
11 Feb 2008, 08:55
Topic: Are the AIs all "Warriors"?
Replies: 4
Views: 2243

To answer your question, the H5 Ai is not always warrior. It will randomly be warrior,explorer, builder or victim. I haven't got any info about the differences in heroes 5. I only know these settings can be used by mapmakers. Here is the link to the mod that creates a hard level without cheating: ht...
by magnomagus
05 Feb 2008, 00:37
Topic: About the AI cheating
Replies: 33
Views: 11559

@HOMMV_NOOB: Then you should try hard with the mod installed (not expert) @Kildar: That's the effect you get when the cheating is turned off. Nival surely created a huge gap between hard and normal, this mods corrects it as much as possible. But the possibilities for a modder are still limited becau...
by magnomagus
04 Feb 2008, 20:18
Topic: Tutorial for creating reflective waters
Views: 1659

Tutorial for creating reflective waters

This is going to be a very small tutorial, because creating reflective waters is very simple. It just seems to me that a lot of mapmakers haven't found the way to do this. Already since the first version of HOMM5 is released I have seen plenty of custom maps released with in my opinion ugly transpar...
by magnomagus
04 Feb 2008, 15:50

A lot of players (including myself) actually like the cheating because they want more challenge.
by magnomagus
04 Feb 2008, 15:22
Topic: Best academy Hero for long maps...
Replies: 9
Views: 16725

In general you can say:

Large maps: creature specs, tactical specs (like swift striker), specs with triggering chance (like poison master, sacred hammer)

Small maps: spell specs, mana specs, war machine specs (exception vittorio is also good on large)
by magnomagus
04 Feb 2008, 15:15

Here is the link for the mod (for 3.0 and 1.6):

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=24772

And here the AI-testing topic, take in mind this was before TOE and there are AI improvements done in patches:

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=22542
by magnomagus
23 Jan 2008, 20:30
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Heroes of Axeoth: H3/H4 heroes to H5 conversion
Replies: 7
Views: 12258

This mod actually makes XL random maps playable. I had the bug where the in-program RMG doesn't work properly, but I can open up the TOE map editor and run the RMG packaged there. This is new to me, most people say it makes xl maps playable because of the performance improvements caused by the new ...
by magnomagus
15 Jan 2008, 11:32
Topic: Erathia/Axeoth vs. Ashan: The verdict and our future.
Replies: 6
Views: 3569

I agree the move from h3 to h4 was the cheapest, but I do not agree h4 was a copy paste of H3. H4 had a completely new and much more interesting adventure map, spell system and class system. In fact they only copied the heroes and some creatures. I think h4 would have been more succesful if they had...
by magnomagus
14 Jan 2008, 23:25
Topic: New Multiplayer Map for Tribes
Views: 1629

You can use a free upload server like megaupload, rapidshare, speedyshare, mediafire and post the link on this forum together with some screenshots. You only need to translate the textfiles from the map.
by magnomagus
14 Jan 2008, 23:19
Topic: Erathia/Axeoth vs. Ashan: The verdict and our future.
Replies: 6
Views: 3569

Well, my perception of continuity is the way 3DO worked on the first 4 heroes games, you take the things from the old games people liked and bring them into the new game together with new features.
by magnomagus
11 Jan 2008, 23:17
Topic: normal vs hard
Replies: 19
Views: 6521

The precise info about the cheating is very much unknown, PhoenixReborn told me all prices for the ai are lowered to 66%, but until now he hasn't given me a reference. So that's all I know
by magnomagus
11 Jan 2008, 23:14
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: what happend to elrath.com?
Replies: 34
Views: 24560

Yes it's gone again, but plenty of mods from there can be found in the modders workshop from heroescommunity especially the unique hero models updated for TOE.
by magnomagus
11 Jan 2008, 11:44
Topic: Waiting for Campaigns feat. "The Lord Of The Rings"
Replies: 17
Views: 8962

I believe since the movies are getting older and there are good Lord of the Rings games available (BFME and LOTR online), the fanbase for LOTR stuff in other games is getting smaller. I personally haven't seen anything yet, but on the other hand orcs are only recently available since TOE, and it wou...
by magnomagus
10 Jan 2008, 19:05

I don't mean scripting bugs, and probably 'bugs' is not the right word for all things that can happen. Besides impassable area's I can give you a few examples: -Some maps can have a unusual layout, very large distances between players or very powerful monsterstacks. -Some maps are not properly optim...
by magnomagus
10 Jan 2008, 15:49

The AI will just like human players act slightly different on every map. It is also very difficult to judge the AI on user-build maps because they often contain bugs. There is only one thing I'm almost 100% sure of: There is a 'hard-coded' mechanism on hard and heroic that makes the AI much stronger...

Go to advanced search