Search found 125 matches

by Warmonger
Sep 26 2012, 7:00
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Official VCMI project thread
Replies: 99
Views: 75080

Damage calculation is described in Strategija on pages 18-19.
by Warmonger
Sep 26 2012, 5:19

Something like this? http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o102/DjFaust/VCMI/NewCreaturesZoo.png New creatures with new creature window: http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o102/DjFaust/VCMI/NewCreaturesstackexperience2.png Now can have also stack experience support! http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...
by Warmonger
Sep 13 2012, 6:14

when I read Warmonger logs is like chinese to me But you know, unlike in ERM, we are able to use English names all over the code to make it much more readable :P. Especially when working on high-level features I usually do. Certainly it's easier to understand what the code is all about, at least, b...
by Warmonger
Sep 12 2012, 19:35

Well, since 0.89b WoG features can be turned on and off with config file (defaultMods.json). So there's something for everyone ;)

And yes, true spirit of H3 is the key. It's easy to get lost in too many custom scripts.
by Warmonger
Sep 12 2012, 15:19

It's good to hear someone follows us :) Thank you for your feedback, we do this all for game fans. Without you there would be no point :P
by Warmonger
Aug 23 2012, 8:20

In a few days development version should be ready. There are no significant features added, we focused mostly on bugfixing and major engine improvements. Another feature under development is cheat-proof mode. What is already working: Quest support - both new quest log and adventure AI New filesystem...
by Warmonger
Jun 16 2012, 7:44
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: HOMMVToE random map gatherable Exp coeffecient &resource
Replies: 2
Views: 3437

Try and tell us.
by Warmonger
Jun 7 2012, 7:16

The problem is about things AI doesn't understand or can't do. Battle AI can't cast spells, use tactics and does not understand creature abilities but flying and shooting. Adventure AI doesn't understand quest and can't exchange armies and artifacts between heroes, etc. It can explore map effectivel...
by Warmonger
Jun 6 2012, 19:38

Both battle & adventure AI are rather simple and will pose no challenge to human player. The point is that they work and do what they were supposed to do correctly.
by Warmonger
Jun 1 2012, 18:53

Version 0.89 is out! Get it here
by Warmonger
May 14 2012, 16:48
Forum: News
Topic: H5 Quiz: Round #2
Replies: 8
Views: 3636

Blade Barrier (reflects physical damage) + Deep Freeze?

She would also need the perk that boosts starting initiative to survive the first round, Sorcery and Master of Ice.
by Warmonger
Mar 1 2012, 15:19
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM3 rebirth
Views: 2190

Nice, but... why would anyone ever need this?
by Warmonger
Jan 23 2012, 13:20
Topic: HoMM3: Horn of the Abyss
Replies: 13
Views: 6989

Re: I don't get it..

Is it legal to make all these homm3 addons?
Of course it is. What possibly "illegal" do you see here?
by Warmonger
Jan 21 2012, 20:02
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Eyefinity
Replies: 5
Views: 2175

I've seen Heroes III running on six monitors one year ago. Of course that wasn't eyefinity, but this statement seems to be marketing nonsense anyway.

I would rate it as "funny" rather than "breakthrough".
by Warmonger
Jan 21 2012, 6:53
Topic: Back to heroes III, suggestions?
Replies: 12
Views: 5383

Some people want to have many options, some want just the game to play on its own, like a movie. Life is such. WoG is great if you use it wisely and turn all the options off in first place and only then check if some of them are good for you. Also, it allows to completely change the gameplay on cust...
by Warmonger
Jan 7 2012, 18:51
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: first map with scripts, and i miserably fail
Views: 2715

Which game version?
by Warmonger
Dec 6 2011, 6:45
Topic: Back to heroes III, suggestions?
Replies: 12
Views: 5383

The best place to enjoy the glory of Heroes III is of course HC. I think you have missed the absurd amount of mods created and some custom Wake of Gods scenarios which give much more interesting experience than old RoE.

As to the maps, they are all at Maps4Heroes, each with rating and comments.
by Warmonger
Dec 2 2011, 6:33

Thnaks for support, Yurian :) VCMI 0.87 released! And a bonus: http://forum.vcmi.eu/album_pic.php?pic_id=44 A preview of new main menu (not included in the package). It works in 32-bit colour and will work in different resolutions as well as with customisable backgrounds. You can try the new package...
by Warmonger
Nov 21 2011, 20:27
Topic: [Heroes 3] Which spells are completely useless?
Replies: 22
Views: 29364

Scuttle boat: very important, what if a boat blocks the way? Useless in general, as the boat never blocks the way unless mapmaker put it in a chokepoint. Surely, it adds another possibility just to block the way and create new queast ;). But it's only mapmaking tool. I can remember only one situati...
by Warmonger
Oct 30 2011, 18:09
Topic: The creature upgrades in Heroes II are not chaotic
Views: 1828

Oh yes. If I was to design heroes game, I would come back to the system from H2 - giving upgrades only to the creature that make sense. Evil Eye & Beholder from H3 makes none. It also could be merged with H4 alternative creatures or H5 alternative upgrades. Some creatures may have same tier or s...

Go to advanced search