Search found 125 matches

by Warmonger
01 Aug 2009, 15:36
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Official VCMI project thread
Replies: 99
Views: 292195

The problem about battles is that there are actually no images to cover the space. And of course zooming bitmaps makes no sense, the only option would be to remake all the graphics.
by Warmonger
01 Aug 2009, 11:39
Topic: Official VCMI project thread
Replies: 99
Views: 292195

Official VCMI project thread

http://vcmi.eu/logo.png Introduction The purpose of VCMI project is to rewrite entire HOMM 3: WoG engine from scratch, giving it new and extended possibilities. We are hoping to support mods and new towns already made by fans, but abandoned because of game code limitations. VCMI is fan-made open-so...
by Warmonger
03 Jul 2009, 09:59
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: [H5] Restricting AI Player from passing Gates?
Replies: 6
Views: 4282

Big thanks for this tip, I was trying to do this with SetObjectEnabled but did not suceed.
by Warmonger
02 Nov 2008, 18:33
Topic: TOE - combat scripts
Replies: 8
Views: 4115

The problem is that there is actually no condition I could base on, no turn counter or whatever. I tried to use AttackerHeroMove as a clock, but for human-controlled hero it gives 100+ iterations before I get control. Never seen a billion of Warlords before ;) It worked when I put return not nil; in...
by Warmonger
02 Nov 2008, 18:16

There is NO description of things like CastSpell or DefenderHeroMove which appears in H5 final battle and gives pretty nice possibilities. These functions need to refer to some objects and trigger at right moment, as such their use is close to zero. For example GetDefenderCreatures () returns nil ar...
by Warmonger
02 Nov 2008, 18:06
Topic: How much time to make a map
Replies: 75
Views: 24933

Melee Mill (tiny,2 players) - 2 hours and some people do like it, lol Cyclophobia (tiny, singleplayer) - one month (so much it takes to learn the scripts :S ) Wanna Be Hero (normal with underground, singleplayer) - it seems to be almost two months by now, however it's not finished yet. 1500+ lines s...
by Warmonger
02 Nov 2008, 17:58

I have opposite problem, actually I don't know how to script neutral stack to spawn additional creatures gradualy.

When facing hero I can use DefenderHeroMove function, but have no idea how to apply it to pack of Treants.

Is there any source where combat scripts are described, or just listed?
by Warmonger
29 May 2008, 11:54
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Best level 5 spell
Replies: 53
Views: 20501

1.Puppet Master - this one helped me defeat 20K Matrons somewhere in the month 4 :D The power of this spell is simply unlimited. 2.Vampirism - Winning all the battles flawlessly is more than good. For only ten mana?... 3.Deep Freeze - the only destructive spell which is effective against really masi...
by Warmonger
02 Mar 2008, 06:37
Topic: Modding FAQ
Replies: 10
Views: 10962

There is only one Mod Manager to choose and I choose not not use it anymore.

My question still needs to be answered :S
by Warmonger
18 Feb 2008, 11:55
Topic: Whats your favorite skill?
Replies: 28
Views: 12630

Obviously Empathy. There's nothing better than fast hero B-)
by Warmonger
16 Feb 2008, 12:08
Topic: The ultimate powergaming thread
Replies: 3
Views: 1898

I find this one really great Tapani's Random Map Generator Mostly for the richness and monster power setting which can be turned up a lot! Never before have I seen legions to be "little" challenging. Truly saying, I find 136x136 maps or smaller impassable on OMFG settings even with pr0 cre...
by Warmonger
13 Feb 2008, 16:34

I'm afraid there is a little info missing. Do mod files still need to be inside the folders before they are zipped? So I put one inside another and then zip the whole to h5u.
Is GameMechanics\RPGStats right directory for DefaultStats file modification?
by Warmonger
12 Feb 2008, 15:03
Topic: Warmonger's optimalization pack
Views: 6754

I think it is more an issue for mapmakers to place more mixed neutral stacks in late game area's to make the game more challenging. Sure it is, but I can't find too many maps of resonable size where this was done. All in all, it's easier to use the mod than create another map ;| I make these change...
by Warmonger
12 Feb 2008, 10:43
Topic: Warmonger's optimalization pack
Views: 6754

Warmonger's optimalization pack

So, I did it! I edited RPG stats for the following values: Neutral stack increase is now 11/12/15% and on heroic it equals insane 20% every week. Believe me, on hard it works very fine. Just makes the neutrals be challenging all the time and provide sufficient amount of exp. I'll have to finish a nu...
by Warmonger
11 Feb 2008, 16:51
Topic: Proposals for next patch
Replies: 49
Views: 12468

Change the animation of the Hive as now it tooks ages for it to cast the spell.
by Warmonger
11 Feb 2008, 07:13
Topic: Looking for the following commands
Replies: 1
Views: 1547

Looking for the following commands

I was looking for some complex instruction or tutorial featuring all the commands, but did not suceed. Here's what I'm looking for: -Change weekly stacks growth -Manage Moon Weeks, actually remove some of them -Change experience from battles gain DONE Thanks in advance. Also, if there is any good so...
by Warmonger
10 Feb 2008, 16:23
Topic: Spells reward bug
Views: 2083

Hey, WAIT: So far my hero learned exactly the spells of school he have mastered and no else. Is this some intentional TotE change? :|
by Warmonger
10 Feb 2008, 12:12
Topic: Spells reward bug
Views: 2083

Spells reward bug

SInce I installed TotE, strange bug occurs. After defeating guards in building like Pyramid or Dragon Utopia I'm given spells which my hero can't cast - for example Puppet Master while I know only light magic. As hero can't learn these spells, they got lost... and I find it very difficult to pick th...
by Warmonger
10 Feb 2008, 08:10

Edit: I did it! Just turned Mod Manger off. It was so obvious, but the option of "Start game" made me confused. Will let you know about further success.

Edit: None of the mods has any visible effect. Game runs as if nothing has happened.
by Warmonger
09 Feb 2008, 17:04

Mods won't work for me. I follow your instructions and try to ccombine Mod Manager with my new TotE, but game crashes at launch returning no message. Previous versions of the game did the same, no matter if patched or not. Any clues?

I also think this thread should be sticked.

Go to advanced search