Search found 532 matches

by klaymen
21 Oct 2011, 10:43
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 94905

<snip> This is the fundamental flaw in your argumentation: it all boils down to personal preferences, so your take on HoMM VI is as good as cjlee 's. <snip> For you, IV was some kind of regression. For me (and some others), "the game [was] FINALLY evolving!" and is considered, to this day...
by klaymen
21 Oct 2011, 06:13
Topic: I hate Nerd Rage
Replies: 23
Views: 12000

However, I agree that GW's pretty successful in creating its own mythology, although I didn't like the fact that the stupid spearmarshall bit ch from Nightfall became a goddess wtf Actually, by GW they meant Games Workshop, the company that created Warhammer and Warhammer 40.000. Hell, even somewhe...
by klaymen
20 Oct 2011, 19:45
Topic: strategic balance
Replies: 4
Views: 2898

Actually, the fog of war was only in Heroes IV and even then it was not liked, or at least many people who hated Heroes IV listed it in game's cons.
Just saying.
by klaymen
20 Oct 2011, 08:32
Topic: There is a manual!
Replies: 10
Views: 5833

ohh, its just 21pages. its the manual delivered with the game (if you bought the game in dvd-box). there also exists a bigger manual made by fans (check the related topic) ;) Is it just me, or does anyone else think that fans having to create proper manual by themselves is quite pathethic (in the m...
by klaymen
19 Oct 2011, 16:36
Topic: One last wish, please hear me out
Replies: 17
Views: 8551

I'll be honest with you. Anyone who takes Metacritic or Amazon ratings into consideration, be it a Ubisoft manager or average Joe deciding whether to buy something or not, is a friggin' moron. No, I am not implying that gaming magazines or websites are any better (in fact, I don't take any ratings i...
by klaymen
18 Oct 2011, 19:15
Topic: I hate Nerd Rage
Replies: 23
Views: 12000

Well, mr.hackcrag has a point. While I'm not trying to condone piracy, pirate's complain may be as valid as other customer's. If a game is a bug-ridden mess, it matters a little whether the person did purchase the game or not. Unless said bug is intentional for pirated versions (Titan Quest and one ...
by klaymen
17 Oct 2011, 15:19
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Dota 2 announced!
Replies: 60
Views: 33171

I've never liked DotA and its clones much, it was (and still is) attracting elitists and the community as a whole is on the level of World of Warcraft or Steam forums. Also, since the Holy Valve make it, people will still praise it to heavens. Not that I am implying that Valve are incompetent (thoug...
by klaymen
15 Oct 2011, 04:10
Forum: News
Topic: Day 2: Wonders and Woes
Replies: 41
Views: 15316

Re: Day 2: Wonders and Woes

CloudRiderX wrote:Is it sad that the beta was in a more playable condition than the actual released version?
Welcome to the real world, where the quality is first and foremost. Oh wait.
by klaymen
15 Oct 2011, 04:08
Forum: News
Topic: Patch 1.1 Already Available
Replies: 38
Views: 25320

So players are the new betatesters now?

Now I am glad I didn't buy it and will wait for the purchase after devs do their friggin' work as they should do before. Smells like Nival....

Of course I am aware that testing is a hard work and some bugs may slip to the release, but it really looks terrible.
by klaymen
09 Oct 2011, 17:45
Topic: Retaliation Poll
Replies: 28
Views: 12360

Simultaneous.
Reasons for it were told in the discussion earlier and I agree with them.
by klaymen
09 Oct 2011, 17:39
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Your opinion needed.
Replies: 13
Views: 5879

A+B: sell by - I will call inspection to the shop, use by - zero C+D: sell by - zero, use by - month at best E: sell by - zero, use by - half a year (my mother works at the chemist, or whatever is it called, she tells me that medicine can be used without any problems 6 months after expiration date a...
by klaymen
06 Oct 2011, 20:49
Topic: Is Heroes V really so bad? A more detailed examination
Replies: 15
Views: 11945

Does not the moat also give some penalties for units standing there, or am I confusing it with something else?
by klaymen
06 Oct 2011, 16:12
Topic: Breathing new life into Heroes of Might & Magic
Replies: 60
Views: 33101

Panda Tar wrote:Hey, am I being stung here? Did my personal taste hurt anyone?
Not at all, good sir. It was merely a small jab aimed at Ubisoft's care for the franchise and their competent developer teams.
by klaymen
05 Oct 2011, 16:55
Topic: Fans for Heroes Campaign!
Replies: 17
Views: 8783

Such wall-o-text is a PITA for me to read on my phone, but tomorrow I'll take a look. Who knows, maybe it'll make me want to actually play the game? :)
by klaymen
05 Oct 2011, 16:47
Topic: Best place to purchase digitally?
Views: 4735

Yes, Avonu is right. I was talking about the price scam....eh, regional pricing. North American and UK citizens have the best prices.
by klaymen
04 Oct 2011, 21:38
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might & Magic X: Job Descriptions
Replies: 5
Views: 2748

graphic..graphic..graphic..graphic..music..writer.. as i known game is not about graphic and music, mostly in rpg important is stats and balance etc core This is about which people the dev team needs, not "what is the most important in a game". And you can't expect much graphic from a gam...
by klaymen
04 Oct 2011, 20:18
Topic: Best place to purchase digitally?
Views: 4735

Unless you are from Europe (minus the UK), Steam is the best deal.
by klaymen
04 Oct 2011, 05:06
Topic: An inauspicious parallel between Heroes VI and TA Kingdoms
Replies: 9
Views: 11651

Laszlo is common Hungarian name, I think our (Slovak) variant is Ladislav.
by klaymen
01 Oct 2011, 12:04
Topic: Discworld books
Replies: 3
Views: 3176

Thanks for the replies guys. I will pick the CityWatch books first and then I'll decide for another theme. ...however, since you found a Discworld book you didn't like; you're clearly mad and sensible advice would be a waste :jester: :tongue: Well, while it had some great moments (like the mention a...
by klaymen
30 Sep 2011, 09:55
Topic: Discworld books
Replies: 3
Views: 3176

Discworld books

I've started reading Pratchett's Discworld books and I'd like to ask you which one(s) to pick next? So far I'vd finished Reaper Man, Guards! Guards!, Men at arms, Night Watch, Sourcery and Witches abroad (I didn't like this one at all). Also since I liked books about the City Watch, are there any mo...

Go to advanced search