Search found 527 matches

by klaymen
Jan 9 2012, 15:27
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition open playtest announced
Replies: 9
Views: 4254

Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition open playtest announced

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ll/20120109 About an hour ago WotC have announced beginning of the new edition. They will (or so they claim) take peoples' opinions into consideration and it will start this spring. And they had to come with it when I was considering starting with DnD. ...
by klaymen
Jan 5 2012, 19:01
Forum: News
Topic: Ubi Online Weakness
Replies: 21
Views: 4962

Re: Ubi Online Weakness

Here's what I think should happen to UbiHole! :beheading: Angry mob time? I can bring pitchforks, who has some torches? :) Or shall I call J.Slota (Slovak politician openly hating Hungarians (and not only them, but that is besides the point)) to enlist his tank batallion and raze Black Hole's offic...
by klaymen
Jan 5 2012, 18:55
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Is it really wise to get Heroes VI?
Replies: 48
Views: 15577

Great idea for Ubihole (patent pending :P) - declare all users experiencing game crashes pirates with a lot of viruses and "wrong" interfering applications and stop wasting resources on patching. John Romero did the same with Daikatana - those who were complaining about bugs were by Romer...
by klaymen
Jan 5 2012, 16:45
Topic: H6 Patching Policy
Replies: 40
Views: 8508

I am not sure it was Black Hole fault. IMO insufficient testing is developer's fault. Either do it properly or don't wonder why are people upset. There were a few patches, actually, but if you bought H2 Gold or the GOG edition they're probably baked in. Still, it was quite playable in its 1.0 state...
by klaymen
Jan 5 2012, 15:28
Topic: H6 Patching Policy
Replies: 40
Views: 8508

Avonu wrote:Two weeks to fix something what was broken in previous patch.

It seems that Black Hole wants to achieve Nival's incompetency level.
by klaymen
Jan 5 2012, 15:22
Topic: Ubi Online Weakness
Replies: 21
Views: 4962

Re: Ubi Online Weakness

All this makes me happy that I did not buy the game yet.
by klaymen
Jan 3 2012, 20:47
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM3: Horn of the Abyss
Replies: 13
Views: 6147

On the other hand I quite like them. It evokes memories of Regna in MaM 8.
by klaymen
Jan 3 2012, 17:33
Topic: HoMM3: Horn of the Abyss
Replies: 13
Views: 6147

by klaymen
Jan 3 2012, 13:13

Before 1.2 it was a rather risky purchase - in that certain very annoying bugs could appear or not. 1.1 had returned a number of bugs that had been fixed and the picture didn't look all that appealing. Now there are still enough bugs for the devs to squash but frankly? It is so much better now, I'd...
by klaymen
Dec 25 2011, 9:00
Topic: Heroes III: how would you rank the towns?
Replies: 87
Views: 69947

So, how's the fight going? Any results?
by klaymen
Dec 19 2011, 9:21

Mirez wrote:patch 1.2 will be releasted the 20th (if I recall correctly). So you could buy it now if you want a playable version.

Assuming that the patch does not bring new collection of bugs.
by klaymen
Dec 13 2011, 20:43
Topic: 2D vs. 3D
Replies: 38
Views: 9186

Imagine what Ultimate Heroes Game could be - with both depth of strategy AND lore! And RPG! I think that the Heroes model has more potential than the Civilization one, it just hasn't been utilised as well. What about Age of Wonders? It is basically more Heroes-ish Master of Magic (which is fantasy-...
by klaymen
Nov 28 2011, 10:54

Random map is a stupid idea, actually. You know, since it is a comparison, you should have the same conditions. Since random map is really random, one of you may start under very (un)favorable conditions and that will defeat the purpose of this comparison. Also it will be easy to generate a map many...
by klaymen
Nov 25 2011, 4:44

What Star King said.

Also I find it amusing that you rely on certain heroes, artifacts or dragon utopias - they are not on every map nor they are in large numbers nor there is guaranteed that yoi will find exactly those items you need. That makes your strategy very luck-based at best.
by klaymen
Nov 20 2011, 12:39
Topic: Stweam activation?
Replies: 5
Views: 2493

As far as I know, Heroes 6 doesn't use Steamworks, therefore you cannot activate the key there. Only Valve's own games and those which use Steamworks (Dawn of War 2, Modern Warfare 2, etc.) can be activated on Steam, with a few more exceptions - like Dark Messiah uses Steam for multiplayer and singl...
by klaymen
Nov 16 2011, 19:43
Topic: 25% off for Heroes 6 on Impulse (11/16/11)
Replies: 6
Views: 1694

North America (US and Canada) ONLY... Everybody who knows Impulse a bit knows that this is normal. Normal for Impulse, that is. Now, where is holy Brad Wardell saying that the bad distributors told them to make it North America only? Oh wait, Gamestop owns Impulse now. Well, it seems that nothing h...
by klaymen
Nov 13 2011, 14:31
Topic: Heroic: campaign
Replies: 16
Views: 3900

Thanks, klaymen. That’s basically what I was getting at with my question about incentive. I wanted to see how Kristo was going to maintain interest in a second mission being played on the same map. You can use two maps. One with the objective, the second (easier) to "redeem yourself" afte...
by klaymen
Nov 12 2011, 7:46

Given that the player is required to win every mission, one concern that I have is the temptation to simply reload the lost mission instead of accepting defeat. What incentive is there for the player to allow his forces to be pushed back, given that he is going to have to come back and replay the m...
by klaymen
Nov 11 2011, 17:49
Topic: Ubisoft server down, can't play, OMG
Replies: 19
Views: 6258

I'll never get Facecrap, and if I am forced to get Facecrap to play games, I'll rather stop playing games. You're not forced to get FB, but in that case you miss the ability to spam your profile with achievements and/or other really useful info to show your friends how leet and awesome you are. Who...
by klaymen
Nov 11 2011, 10:00

That depends on the game, though. There's plenty of games with eff all story that simply fill a role in the market (Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, FIFA). Probably more so than games that run almost entirely on story (Mass Effect, Neverwinter Nights, Fable). A lot of both is best though, I guess. But t...

Go to advanced search