Search found 152 matches

by Mlai
Feb 13 2008, 19:32
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Ashan - Best of all possible worlds?
Replies: 15
Views: 3580

In the end, the background mythology of the game world doesn't really matter to the quality of a game (unless you're LOTR). It's the characters and their in-game adventures which truly matter. I don't care about where dragons came from, as long as they're there. So, what can I say about the characte...
by Mlai
Feb 12 2008, 23:12
Topic: Which town has the best graphics?
Replies: 31
Views: 4051

We need 3D towns for the same reason we need 3D overmaps and 3D battlefields.
by Mlai
Feb 12 2008, 20:17

If stopping the city rotation makes the city screen load faster, I'd support having an option in the menus that turns off cinematic city rotation.
by Mlai
Feb 12 2008, 15:57

There are ppl who actually attempt to click on the individual dwellings??? @_@;
by Mlai
Feb 11 2008, 16:21

I like the Sylvan music. It's like... Ewoks. If it was straight Enya-esque LOTR, that'd be just copying. These guys are wood elves not high elves. I also like how the Inferno building is basically 1 huge tower. If it was a sprawling complex, it'd be too... lively, like something that is actually liv...
by Mlai
Feb 11 2008, 15:21
Topic: Proposals for next patch
Replies: 49
Views: 7057

While I agree with Magno et al regarding the Battle Mage, I still feel he needed a token rebalance. As said, Archmage is better in early/mid game, Battle Mage in late game (provided you have a huge stack). So, why the heck does Battle Mage have less HP and less DEF??? He's gonna need those things in...
by Mlai
Feb 11 2008, 5:46

I can post my personal balance mod. But the changelog consists of everything I wrote in that big post above.

I don't have a mod where the only change is giving Foul Wyvern the Crippling Wound ability, if that's what you're asking for.
by Mlai
Feb 11 2008, 1:52

I wouldn't want both daughters to have cleansing because I would prefer to keep the distinction of earth being the more battle-oriented and sky, with chain lightning and now cleansing, the more magic-oriented one. Plus, it seems the majority of players are picking the earth daughters as it is (and ...
by Mlai
Feb 10 2008, 20:46
Topic: Are the AIs all "Warriors"?
Replies: 4
Views: 1415

Try the H5 AI mod found in the modding subforum. I think it curbs the cheating.
by Mlai
Feb 10 2008, 19:04

General = Fix AI "always flee" bug. Necropolis Banshee = Increased Death Wail damage by multiplication factor of 2. Lich Master = Dmg upped from 17-21 to 18-21. Mana upped from 19 to 24. Vamp Prince = Dmg changed from 5-13 to 4-14. Init upped from 11 to 13. Stronghold Centaur Nomad = Init upped from...
by Mlai
Feb 6 2008, 14:48
Topic: So what's the final verdict on Heroes V?
Replies: 271
Views: 30847

The game you should play vs him shouldn't be SC, it should be H5. Since he's all about "SC uuuuber strategy H5 checkers LOLOLOL," it stands to reason that he should be unrivaled in a simple game like H5.
by Mlai
Feb 1 2008, 5:55
Topic: Warhammer of Might and Magic
Replies: 71
Views: 24662

I like this game. I don't regret the $ spent for the game + 2 expansions. I don't mind they copied WH figures. AFAIC, there are no good WH computer games, so if I can think of HoMM5 as the first good WH PC game, then gr8. But damn I didn't realize Nival copied so much... I was really thinking those ...
by Mlai
Jan 22 2008, 5:14
Topic: Necropolis creature choices
Replies: 13
Views: 8730

Where is it documented that a large stack of Vamp Princes have higher chance of Torpor? Or is it just a rumor?
by Mlai
Jan 20 2008, 15:48
Topic: Academy creature choices
Replies: 18
Views: 9606

Re: Academy creature choices

In my mod I've followed a totally different approach regarding Storm Titans. I've made them an analogue of Thunder Thanes and no shooting ability, by zeroing their shots. I did the same thing but not as drastic as you. I gave them 3 shots so that they have some freedom when targets of opportunity p...
by Mlai
Dec 29 2007, 14:43

There are mixed neutral stacks to fight in the campaign maps of TotE. But maybe there aren't any in the random-gen maps.
by Mlai
Dec 22 2007, 22:54
Topic: Factions Balance
Replies: 74
Views: 19993

Well he did say that he felt dwarves are too weak early and too strong late. Therefore he buffed everyone except the last 2 tiers, who got inferior buffs compared to say Inferno. I think now absolutely no one will pick Mountain Guards. More ranged buffs.... Lastly, that sentence is supposed to be an...
by Mlai
Dec 22 2007, 22:29
Topic: Ice bolt vs. Lightning bolt
Replies: 9
Views: 2301

Re: Ice bolt vs. Lightning bolt

Naki wrote:EDIT: Hmm, or maybe simply at lower spell levels, Ice Bolt is stronger, and on higher ones Lightning bolt becomes stronger?

Exactly.
At low spell power level, ice bolt is stronger.
by Mlai
Dec 22 2007, 13:31
Topic: Start with hammer of fate or standard/original game?
Replies: 4
Views: 897

8| That's a great deal... 8|
by Mlai
Dec 22 2007, 13:17
Topic: Factions Balance
Replies: 74
Views: 19993

Re: Factions Balnce

Mine isn't... As I'mentioned at the begining of my analysis, I wanted diversification and sensibility in stats, specials, overall power, synergy or correlation of one creature with the other... In the past, I worked with a guy who talks like you on another balance mod. And based on this erroneous a...
by Mlai
Dec 22 2007, 12:17

Prometheus, a bit of advice. An entire post telling ppl how SC is played really doesn't say anything about HoMM. It only annoys ppl because we don't care about SC, by itself, on this forum. You just made a long post that IMO served no purpose. They're 2 completely different games and you made no cor...

Go to advanced search