Search found 152 matches

by Mlai
May 2 2011, 6:58
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Discussion of Ashan history
Replies: 63
Views: 25483

Oh, so displays of ignorance do make you facepalm, does it? Then I've proven my point. How do you think I feel whenever someone disses Ashan with no good reason? those who accuse Ashan actually know the stoyline of games set in it. Never seemed like it. I've never heard 1 good reason why the Ashan w...
by Mlai
May 2 2011, 6:52
Topic: What's with all of the female units?
Replies: 161
Views: 64915

Personally the medieval bondage theme doesn't bother me. Maybe it's because the Dark Eldar of W40K are 50x worse.
by Mlai
May 2 2011, 6:44
Topic: Who else hates the Inferno?
Replies: 101
Views: 20307

No, higher-tier devils are supposed to be clever, considering that they're fallen angels. Your average I-torture-the-sinners-in-Hell little impish demons as depicted in medieval paintings are just that, little impish (or big monstrous) demons delighting in causing physical suffering. You look at the...
by Mlai
May 2 2011, 6:27
Topic: Last faction - Sanctuary
Replies: 134
Views: 39402

This man didn't realize only Japan is allowed to have deadly swords. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v52/MiLai/1246796939PQSJDsU.jpg India does have some of the most "exotic" and cruel-looking weaponry on Earth. Whether or not some of them are practical is another matter, but they certai...
by Mlai
May 1 2011, 17:43

Personally I don't understand the hatred on DE. They're ripped off from AD&D and Warhammer, sure. But do you see any other TBS game anywhere that features DE? No. Therefore, who cares if they're rip-offs? I finally get to use them in a TBS! I look forward to their return in H6. But with the femi...
by Mlai
May 1 2011, 17:34
Topic: Who else hates the Inferno?
Replies: 101
Views: 20307

Why blunt-force demons are not lame : Devils rely on temptation and deception only because they are a defeated "nation", under the watchful eye of an omnipotent God, and are not allowed to directly act until the Apocalypse. But when their appointed hour comes, they do sally forth in their...
by Mlai
May 1 2011, 15:41

How do you know it's not just too much of a good thing?
by Mlai
May 1 2011, 15:31

It doesn't refute my original point that H6 is losing touch with the fundamentals of HOMM bestiary: all the creatures are supposed to be classics of fairy tales and mythology, so even a non-gamer can look at one and say "Oh I know what that is." Too many creatures in H6 you have no clue wh...
by Mlai
May 1 2011, 13:16
Topic: No Blackies = please no Dungeon
Replies: 100
Views: 25792

Mark me down as 1 of those ppl who actually liked H5 creatures and gameworld. Because I played H2 but skipped H3-5. What's wrong with playing with Warhammerish DE? As if there's another good TBS out there featuring Warhammerish DE? Do you see a Heroes of Warhammer 5? No? Well there you go, what's th...
by Mlai
May 1 2011, 12:31

While the gender doesn't bother me, that POTD does point out a big problem I'm having with HOMM6... the "innovations" on the designs of the creatures. The foundation of HOMM creatures are that they're a line-up of classic fairy-tale and mythological creatures. A centaur looks like a centau...
by Mlai
May 1 2011, 12:04

I don't mind heavily ethnic factions; for example I liked the HOMM5 Mongol-Orcs. That was pretty fresh, and the ethnic connection made sense. But for the love of God, not another Japan-themed nation/story/culture/army/species !!! As if we haven't been inundated with the 99,999 Japan-themed mangas an...
by Mlai
Apr 27 2011, 14:04

Wait, you guys don't know that girls love HoMM games??? 8|
by Mlai
Apr 23 2011, 22:59
Topic: The card model i made of H5
Replies: 12
Views: 3900

Dang, that's some hobby.

I never looked at her that closely, so it surprised me now just how S&M the dark elf chick is. Ha ha she's wearing a thong underneath that hip armour.
by Mlai
Mar 27 2011, 14:09
Topic: Final Consensus: Was Heroes V a step in the right direction?
Replies: 57
Views: 16135

I've truly enjoyed this game and its 2 expansions, and I do know what bad games are like. Therefore this game was "a step in the right direction." Regarding the initiative vs speed... This is not a game design problem, but merely a game balancing problem. Simply give the "slow" c...
by Mlai
Jan 1 2009, 12:52
Topic: TotE - my opinion;p
Replies: 12
Views: 2331

I thought the latest patch fixed the always-flee AI issue.

You're giving your own army rankings based on hotseating against yourself? Why do I feel there's something wrong with that?
by Mlai
Feb 29 2008, 16:02
Topic: Looking Forward: Final impressions on H5 and a vision of H6
Replies: 34
Views: 5994

I dunno. It's like saying you start off with a generic race in Starcraft and depending on your building choice, you evolve into Terran, Protoss, or Zerg.

In gameplay and in plot terms, that just doesn't seem to work at all.
by Mlai
Feb 27 2008, 2:05
Topic: Factions Balance
Replies: 74
Views: 20011

Ya5MieL wrote:While time is passing we could make our editions and argue about which one is better, thus losing days to irrelevant things! :P

What are we waiting for? :)

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8358
by Mlai
Feb 27 2008, 2:03
Topic: Looking Forward: Final impressions on H5 and a vision of H6
Replies: 34
Views: 5994

I think there should be a wider selection of creature dwellings than a town can possibly hold. That way you need to make choices, and specialize towns/hero armies.

Why should there be only 7 creatures total, and every town can have 7 creature dwellings total?
by Mlai
Feb 22 2008, 14:08
Topic: Factions Balance
Replies: 74
Views: 20011

I disliked his general ideas on game balance. 1. His intention is to make the power gaps between tiers into power gulfs. I will always believe that decreases strategic options. I carry this opinion from participating in the balance mod of another game. 2. He's not so much making a balanced version o...
by Mlai
Feb 17 2008, 16:32
Topic: Proposals for next patch
Replies: 49
Views: 7066

Yup in a castle siege vs enemy hero, I always take Witchdoctors.

Go to advanced search