Search found 152 matches

by Mlai
10 May 2011, 14:03
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: What's with all of the female units?
Replies: 161
Views: 90602

Real warriors ON HORSES. Foot soldiers do not wear sabatons (metal feet coverings). For an obvious reason: they have to march. Which is the same reason why foot soldiers do not wear full plate. Oh and how about the Academy Mages? Matriarchs have a hard time marching because they wear platforms? How ...
by Mlai
08 May 2011, 02:21

Oh please. I picked Haven because everyone always raves about how it's the "standard." Being a foot soldier while wearing full plate on legs and feet is just as bad as wearing platform shoes. At least elves have the excuse of being elves. I'll give you horse armour. That still makes 2 impr...
by Mlai
07 May 2011, 02:21
Topic: Buddy and I lookin to play
Replies: 4
Views: 1966

I tried saving a multiplayer game with a buddy (so we can continue later), and the save seems to have disappeared.

Are HOMM5 multiplayer games not able to be saved???!?!?? 8|

Say it ain't so!
by Mlai
07 May 2011, 02:18
Topic: Are you really hyped?
Replies: 128
Views: 56637

I do love it when people let you know where they stand from their 1st sentence.
Selective illiteracy FTW.
Or are you still mad because I don't hate Dungeon?
by Mlai
07 May 2011, 02:14
Topic: Discussion of Ashan history
Replies: 63
Views: 33137

Aww, man... now I want Harpies in DE Dungeon too! Why didn't Nival finish the job right, and rip that off too?

But I guess all 7 tiers of Dungeon are good... nothing to replace... well, could have been a Neutral (recruitable in Dungeon campaigns).
by Mlai
07 May 2011, 01:30

I, for one, like Ivy. The Nagas should all look like her. And use her weapon instead of goddamn katanas. Then I'll be happy. These women have to walk 20-30 miles a day, every single day. And use magic! MAGIC! You want to start talking about impracticality instead of just design taste? You think hea...
by Mlai
05 May 2011, 00:55

Who's being biased because of nostalgia, now? H2 storyline was very cheesy. Not in a bad way. Archibald was your classic Saturday morning villain evil brother, intoning maliciously while twirling his mustache. The evil ending where he tosses his brother into a tower, with a " oh it's such an ee...
by Mlai
04 May 2011, 17:05

Haha, I think I know the fundamental disagreement now. I came from H2. I was expecting a basic storyline with cheesy delivery which are often (unintentionally) hilarious, with classic mythological and faery-tale creatures as bestiary. This is exactly what I got with H5. You came from H3-4, you were ...
by Mlai
04 May 2011, 16:53
Topic: Last faction - Sanctuary
Replies: 134
Views: 62431

Yup, our Nagas are different. They're Tau Samurai!

And this is the game all the H5 bashers are proclaiming as the next best HOMM storywise, before they even had a chance to play it.
by Mlai
03 May 2011, 15:27

That's your problem, certainly not of those people who provided their points for criticizing Ashan. I don't have a problem. I like the game that I bought, and I enjoyed the campaign immensely. But there are many good, objective reasons to diss Ashan in the form it was portrayed in Heroes V. Concept...
by Mlai
03 May 2011, 14:18

It's one unit in the entire faction, and people are trashing the entire Dungeon for it. Over. Reaction. I say one unit, because the Matriarch is a magic-user. As such, she can dress as impractically as she wishes. And this woman must really get your beef... http://www.evilcon.net/wordpress/wp-conten...
by Mlai
03 May 2011, 14:10
Topic: Last faction - Sanctuary
Replies: 134
Views: 62431

Are you saying that because you're one of those Japanophiles indoctrinated by anime/manga, or do you actually believe what you are saying about India?
by Mlai
02 May 2011, 17:54
Topic: Enlightenment and Campaign
Replies: 7
Views: 3495

It's still better to take Enlightenment early, if you already know you want it. Because Enlightenment allows you to receive bonus exp for every battle and treasure chest.
by Mlai
02 May 2011, 17:51
Topic: Are you really hyped?
Replies: 128
Views: 56637

Am I hyped for H6? When I first saw the pretty graphics, I was. But the more I learn about it, the less hyped I'm becoming. I re-bought H5 TotE because I couldn't wait for H6 (when I first heard about it), I was so hyped. Now I'm just glad I'm playing H5 again, and waiting for H6 no longer matter a...
by Mlai
02 May 2011, 17:34
Topic: Who else hates the Inferno?
Replies: 101
Views: 33954

That's just arguing semantics. Of course The Divine Comedy is just a novel/ epic poem, and not a part of the Bible. But it's so influential, it has become a part of the Christian mythological consciousness. Or are you going to deny that? Refuting Dante is like refuting Malory as having become the de...
by Mlai
02 May 2011, 17:28

I happen to keep a tab on WH videogames. Mark Of Chaos and Shadow Of The Horned Rat are the only WH videogames that exist (barring that other MMO), and neither feature any DE. The HOMM franchise's fundamental schtick is that it uses classic mythological and faery-tale creatures as its bestiary. As t...
by Mlai
02 May 2011, 17:10
Topic: No elves?
Replies: 23
Views: 13311

Is ThunderTitan making a sheep joke? :S
by Mlai
02 May 2011, 17:01
Topic: Town Window instead Town Screen
Replies: 62
Views: 32291

ThunderTitan wrote:Yeah, it takes 1 second with hardware that's years more advanced then when H5 came out...
That's my point.

My PC can handle full-3D town screen, UbiHole thinks it can't handle an 80%-screen 2D town window on a more modern (i.e. hopefully more efficient) game engine?
by Mlai
02 May 2011, 07:20
Topic: No elves?
Replies: 23
Views: 13311

I bet 5 dollars the new War/Wind Dancers will be female and will have jiggle physics.
by Mlai
02 May 2011, 07:15
Topic: Town Window instead Town Screen
Replies: 62
Views: 32291

Have to agree with Dark Whisperer. Tiny town screens suck, and as long as you have a current PC, loading a H5 full-3D-flyby town takes approximate 1 second. Oh noes 1 second I feel my youth draining away. At least offer the option of different town window sizes, with the largest option covering 80% ...

Go to advanced search