Search found 152 matches

by Mlai
Dec 9 2007, 20:40
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: So what's the final verdict on Heroes V?
Replies: 271
Views: 30907

I actually agree that the overworld map could've stayed as 2D just like the example you've shown here. I find that I pretty much stick with 1 view anyways, and only rotate the camera to make sure I didn't miss treasures, and then pop the camera back to exactly how I had it. Otherwise it's easy to ge...
by Mlai
Dec 9 2007, 20:31
Topic: [Crit] Please evaluate the balance in my personal ToE mod.
Replies: 34
Views: 5795

OK, so my current thinking is: Cerberus vs Firehound Cerberus DEF 2 -> 3 Firehound DEF 3 -> 2 Hellhound speed 7 -> 8 Firehound speed 8 -> 7 Unless you guys feel that this tier has always been way too weak internally (like, you never use them when playing Inferno), and Firehound should stay at curren...
by Mlai
Dec 9 2007, 19:09
Topic: Arkane Omnisience and Memory Mentor
Replies: 5
Views: 1317

But when you use MM, isn't that basically paying to lose exp and levels? Or, if you don't lose exp, that's even worse because high level exp requirements are huge.

What's the point? To get rid of useless skills that you got earlier just to get the ultimate ability?
by Mlai
Dec 9 2007, 15:36

I got rid of it because it didn't contribute anything.

But in terms of HoMM, what changed was more than improved Photoshop capabilities. It includes improved artist capabilities. I don't see that as a point of contention IMO.
by Mlai
Dec 9 2007, 0:25

Since I'm only playing campaign atm, I'll only mod a creature if it's a clear consensus that it's imba compared to its alternate. Also I wouldn't mod the unit unless it's internally imba (too weak/strong compared to its alternate). Imba-ness in faction MU's is too complex for the purposes of this mo...
by Mlai
Dec 8 2007, 16:11

So for the purposes of playing SP, I'll leave Crippling Strike with the Fouls. Cuz yeah, AI's dumb and so Scavenge has a field day. Stronghold currently are very vulnerable to Dark Magic, but ridiculously resistant to Destructive Magic. A cleansing spell as you've suggested it does actually make sen...
by Mlai
Dec 8 2007, 14:49
Topic: Consequence of fleeing
Replies: 9
Views: 2314

I'm playing thru the ToE campaign right now (up to orc segment), and I haven't had a hero flee on me once (never had Shackles). Is the AI script different for campaign?? Edit to below: That must be it. I'm playing on Normal. I wish they don't use different AI routines for the campaign, and just make...
by Mlai
Dec 8 2007, 14:44

TotE expansion's campaign is 10x better than the original, and HoF. There's 10x more voice acting everywhere (and decent), they actually have custom animations for the cinematics (not just "everyone casts Bless when it's their turn to talk"), and their mouths actually move (OMFG). The maps are 10x b...
by Mlai
Dec 8 2007, 14:16

Right now I'm still playing thru the Campaign. If anyone knows any other faction creatures that need modding, please bring it to my attention thnx. @ TB5841: Probably because Paokai can resurrect themselves and can damage strong stacks by attacking weak ones. Venom damage is 5x stack size for 3 turn...
by Mlai
Dec 8 2007, 13:56
Topic: Plague Zombie vs. Disease Zombie
Replies: 24
Views: 6904

I use Rots against susceptible factions, but definitely Plague when I know I'll be fighting Necro, Elementals, and Mech stacks.
by Mlai
Dec 8 2007, 13:44
Topic: Do you use mods?
Replies: 20
Views: 3191

I can't play this game without mods. Not even the campaign missions. And that's why I love PC games! :D Children must have interactivity with their toys! :-D -I use the Dark Knights mod, modified by myself so all animations work correctly for ToE. -I use Treants mod, with the new French-modded(?) ev...
by Mlai
Dec 8 2007, 13:38

[Crit] Please evaluate the balance in my personal ToE mod.

Hi all. I didn't put this in the mods section because I'm interested in balance discussion, not how to make the mod. I'm no expert player. Thru perusing forums and playing single-player, I try to balance out some of the alternates so that it's not such a no-brainer for me every time I upgrade. Pleas...

Go to advanced search